Chapter 21 – Desert Market
87 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Name: Ranier Vangarde]
[Age:22]
[Class: Warrior]
[Alignment: Neutral]

[Level: 16
[Strength: 9 Speed: 9]
[Agility: 9 Durability: 10]
[Intelligence: 9 Charisma: 10]
[Life: 110/110 Mana: 108/108]

[Skill - Unarmed Combat Lvl 2]
[Skill - Marksmanship Lvl 2]
[Skill - Swordsmanship Lvl 3]
[Skill - Knife Throwing Lvl 1]
[Skill - Automail Repair Lvl 1]
[Skill - Mana Manipulation Lvl 1]
[Skill - Scouting Lvl 1]
[Skill - Cooking Lvl 1]
[Skill - Cleaning Lvl 1]
[Skill - Sewing Lvl 1]
[Skill - Gardening Lvl 1]
[Skill - Seduction Lvl 1]
[Skill - Lovemaking Lvl ???]

"Not too bad" Ranier thought, looking at his improved stats.

Although his new slaves were not from other dimensions, they did provide skills that he wanted

Among his slaves, Sasha was a monk who improved his unarmed combat abilities. Rachel was a ranger who gave him her scouting ability. Anastasia was a knight who improved his swordfighting skills.

Sasha's order was destroyed and she had lost her rights to monkhood due to losing her chastity after being raped and sold as a slave. Rachel was raped, captured and sold by unscrupulous mercenaries after being betrayed by the group she joined on a mission. Anastasia was actually a knight from his own fallen kingdom of Acturia.

He actually freed them after having his way with them, but they all decided to follow him anyway after he treated them well in bed. Sasha had nowhere to go since her order was destroyed. Rachel decided that her chance of revenge would come if she sticked with Ranier. 

As for Anastasia, joining Prince Ranier was never in doubt. Her loyalty was unquestioned and she would put her heart and soul to revive the Acturia Kingdom.

Thus, clothing them was not difficult, and he still had many weapons from the dragon's lair. They officially joined his mercenary group and they started going on missions.

As a newly registered group, the White Phoenix had to start at the bottom as a Grade E Mercenary group.

Their first mission was to escort traders and their caravans through the desert to the monthly desert market to sell goods to the desert tribes. 

Security was needed to protect from bandits as well as other desert creatures. 

Ranier's group now was pretty large with 11 people now so they took the job by themselves, not needing to join up with other mercenary groups. 

Unfortunately, Ranier didn't see Achilles anywhere, so freeing his slaves would have to wait. 

The group of 5 caravans moved slowly through the desert, with Ranier's girls all split up into 5 groups of 2 with Nightingale remaining hidden and invisible, always close to Ranier. 

"So... your group is full of pretty girls. They better be useful in a fight, otherwise I'll be complaining to the guild" the head of the caravan said to Ranier. 

"I assure you, you won't get better protection" Ranier answered. 

"Hmmph" the trader grunted. 

Apparently most mercenaries didn't want to take this mission due to the low paying reward and low rank of the mission. 

Ranier only took it because they needed to finish as many E ranked missions as possible to rank up quickly. 

The journey was uneventful and they arrived at the desert market on the second day. 

"You may stand around as security. We will be here for 3 days and will leave on the 3rd day" the head of the traders said. 

"Sure" Ranier said as he instructed his companions to walk around but remain alert. 

The desert market was in a small desert town, with no more than a 30 buildings. 

However, more and more people entered from different directions and before long, the market became lively with people everywhere. 

The market had their own security but the White Phoenix group were paid to act as guards as well, so they spread out to stand guard over the 7 stalls that the 5 caravans set up. 

Among the many stalls set up from all over, there was also a slave stall and Ranier decided to take a look. 

As the stall started selling the slaves, a certain naked blonde caught Ranier's attention

"She's... " Nightingale whispered while invisible

"I know" Ranier said and joined in the bidding

With his loot from Nicodemon's place and the dragon lair, Ranier's wealth could not be matched my anyone in the obscure marketplace and Ranier easily won the bid

He brought her inside the large tent that he had set up for his mercenary group and removed her restraints

She looked at him warily with her beautiful gold pupils.

"Don't be fearful towards me. I've come to rescue you. You're Ais Wallenstein, aren't you?" he asked immediately as he passed her some clothes.

"You... you know me?" she asked, hugging the clothes to her naked body to hide her nudity.

"You are from another world, like me. I have been going around rescuing people like us. My name is Ranier, but I call myself Rain here as my real name will bring... trouble" he said

"Thank god.... they... they...." she started crying. 

The way she hugged herself and the way her hand protected her groin, it was clear she had been raped.

He hesitantly put his arms around her, not certain if she would reject him or not, but to his relief, she cried into his chest and hugged him.

To her, he was her lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and she was drowning.

Slowly, one thing led to another, and they ended up kissing and making love.

Hours later, the pretty blonde woke up to see that she was alone in the tent.

She got out of bed and could hear Ranier's voice outside the tent

She saw that she had clothes laid out for her on a nearby stool and got dressed

To her surprise, the clothes and light armor were similar in style to what she usually wore. 

Most of his companions wore short dresses, like Nightingale, Teresa and Charlotte with their skirts so short it barely covered their groin.

Most of them wore high boots too, which went past their knees and almost up their crotches.

So Ranier packed clothes of the similar design in his storage ring, and they were similar to the style Ais regularly wore too.

There was also a rapier nearby, one of the enchanted weapons Ranier acquired in the dragon lair.

She put the sword and scabbard on and walked out fully dressed

"Oh Ais. Let me introduce you to the rest of the group" Ranier said and began introductions.

"... and lastly... this is Nightingale.." he said as a beautiful naked blonde appeared.

"Huh? Why are you naked?" Ranier asked her, as she was completely nude, except for ankle high shoes to protect her feet from the hot sand and two gun holsters whose leather straps crisscrossed in front and between her breasts. 

"It's damn hot in the desert, so since I'm staying invisible, I decided to remain as cool as I can" she said and turned towards Ais

"Pleased to meet you" she smiled and disappeared again. 

Ranier started telling them of each other's stories. As even those local to this dimension like Anastasia, Sasha and Rachel knew about his origins, they all had the same goal.

The most shocked was Anastasia, but as she recalled, Ranier's change in personality matched his timeline before his country was conquered.

But as his goal was to revive the monarchy and he would live here and restart Vangarde line, she remained loyal to him.

Ais relaxed, finding herself in a group of peers. She was not the top of the mercenaries. The others were top warriors from their dimensions too. 

Whatever Ranier's goals, she had decided to follow him. After all, she had fallen for him. And looking at the faces of the rest, she wasn't the only one.

1