The Search… Is Surprisingly Easy?
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So about Seer Reshira….”
After eating to their fill, Charis starts with their target’s profiling.

“The latest rumor about her is that she chose to die in the Hollow Forest, but since Everwinter exist, it might be possible for her to be here…. Is what we assume. So, since you’re here longer than us, do you know anything Miakami-san?”

“Well, I’m here for almost a year now, but asking about a person’s past here, except for the locals, are just asking for a fight, princess. Sorry, I’m afraid I never heard of her”
“I see, that’s too bad. Anyway, we heard that she’s at least 50 years old with purple eyes and similarly purple hair”
“!!!”
“…You know something didn’t you?”
“W-w-what are you talking about, anyway—“

Once again, his expression are read like an open book.
Miakami tried a desperate attempt to change the topic, but the interrogating aura from both of his new companion are literally suffocating.
Miakami knows that characteristics, but if asking about a person’s past is picking a fight, selling them out would be asking to be killed, and not only by the related parties.

“Please….”
While Miakami is trying to find a way out, Charis voice, uncharacteristically weak, squeezed out.
“I beg of you, Miakami-san, we..no, I don’t know what should I do, so please help me”
“…..”

Miakami only met the girl for less than half a day, but he knows that right now, the fragile voice is her present feeling right now.
[Her family are killed and she doesn’t even know how to vent her sorrow huh…. Oh well, fuck it.]

“I don’t know if she’s the same person, but I know someone with those traits.”
And with that statement, Adventurer Miakami has acquired side-job!

Snitch Miakami!

 

One hour later.

“We only met twice but you’re already selling me out boy!?”
A cold, murderous voice echoes inside a small hut, near the town center.

Seer Reshira, also known as The Khabal Maiden, is a former public figure and symbol of a cult with the same name.
After escaping her-proclaimed as a brainwashing but legal den of thieves, she sought protection inside  the Academy City, but somehow ended up in Everwinter now, explained Charis on their way here.

And right now, that symbol is glaring dagger at the one who sold her out, Snitch Miakami.
Facing such fierce eye from an elderly, Miakami hurriedly explain himself.

“W-wait grandma, I only ‘introduce’ you because they meant no ill will, I promise, …stop reaching for that whip, please!”

Hearing the desperate plea of the boy that once helped her, Reshira stopped her hands and sigh.
“Haaaaa… fine, but you’re not getting away from this, you brat. So? What’s these two wants from this old lady? I’m busy, so make it quick”
“I need to know… I need your ability to see the—“
“Nope, sorry can’t do. Go home”

Before Charis can’t finish her sentence, the old lady cut her off with a cold rejection, leaving the young girl stunned for a bit.
“I-I’m the second princess of the A—“
“I don’t care who you are, nor about your fancy royal bullshit, go home”
“P-please just a bit—“
“Go home yourself or without your limbs, choose”

Facing such direct threat, Arden’s gaze turn sharp and he place his hand on his sword, ready for action.
The snitch hurriedly mediate the volatile atmosphere.

“Please hear us out gramps, we’re here for a deal, not for a request.”
“Hooouuu, you should tell that sooner then, this old woman is already sick of being a tool for someone after all.”

Hearing her willingness to talk, Charis and Arden visibly relaxed.
“But unfortunately for you, I truly can’t. As you can see, I’m old, and my mana is pretty much ran out, so I can’t see too far”
“…. Guh, i see, but even so, I need to know… please tell me, what should I do….?”
Hearing a despair-tinted voice, Reshira’s face softened up a bit, then she grinned.

Her appearance, with her purple hair in a bun and wrinkled face, looks just like a witch tempting an innocent boy.

“Help my research, and I’ll cooperate with you lot.”

Reshira starts off the negotiation.

 

Thanks for reading! I know what you want to say Miakami is a SIIIIIMP, lol

Anyway, Merry Christmas! ‍?‍?
Sorry for the late chapter, hope you guys have a blessed end-of-the year! God bless!

Eh? Why am I writing alone while I'm supposed to be hanging out this holiday?
Of course because of the health protocol! It's not like i don't have any friend or anything... ahaha.......

.............

Shut up.

1