I.
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***Please don't skip the Prologue, it's important.*** 

NOTE: I'm aware that this story has a bunch of mistakes (punctuation, structure, ect...) i'm not a profession writer, so refrain from commenting on them pls, this is just for fun!

Enjoy:) 

ANOTHER NOTE (important): Everything in italic is either memories, thoughts or flashbacks. 

                                                                      __________________

They grabbed my frail body and threw me into a  dark cell, i tried bracing my body for the impact but failed and let out a small cry as my palms hit the cold ground with sharp slap and my knees jarred as they smashed onto the floor, the murky smell of piss and vomit assaulting my nostrils in the process, i tried not to gag as i held my stinging palms to my naked chest.

 I was instantly gripped with fear as they slammed the metal door to my cell closed with a deafening clang, followed by a jingle of keys as they locked it. When their echoing footsteps faded away with the light, thick darkness fell on me like a blanket, almost suffocating as terror gripped my throat. I crawled my small body to the corner of the cell, putting my back against the cold wall and curled into myself, trying to stay warm and whimpering softly.

"Hello?" a deep, hoarse voice whispered, causing me to freeze.

"Are you okay?"  came the voice again.

I followed the concerned voice of a boy to the cell next to mine. He sounded a couple of years older and didn't seem to want to hurt me. I didn't want to be alone in this dark place, so i crawled to where i heard his voice and meekly whispered back.

"Hello?"

"Are you okay?" he asked again, his soothing voice urging me closer.

"I'm scared of the dark" i said shakily.

Silence.

Then i heard shuffling from his cell and suddenly a pale white glow appeared, bathing  our cells with a soft light, illuminating the face of  the boy;  

He had golden eyes and dirty black hair  that fell down to his tall shoulders, my eyes widened, his clothes where filthy and ripped and he was holding a pretty blue pebble that was emitting the light. 

I stared at it with awe. Seeing my nude state, his eyes hardened and he took off his shirt, showing a slightly gaunt body and handed it to me through the metal bars.

"It's ripped and a bit dirty but it will keep you warm."

 I grabbed it gratefully and put it on "Thank you " i whispered. 

He smiled warmly "My name is Azrael"

"Mine is Neftary" 

"Lillian"

His eyes widened "What a beautiful name "

Blood rushed to my cheeks and to the tip of my ears as i  ducked my head down shyly. 

"Lillian wake up"

"Thank you, yours is too" i smiled, looking up- 

"LILLIAN WAKE UP"

My eyes snap open as i'm yanked out of the dream roughly by hands shaking me,  i feel my chest ache  as i realise it was just that, a dream. Not wanting to alarm Sam, i pushing down the pain and look up into his concerned green eyes with confusion.

"You where crying" he clarifies, stepping back as i sit up, bringing  my hands to my cheeks, feeling the dampness there and quickly wiping it away, forcing a smile.

"It was a dream" i reassure him.

Sam didn't seem convinced "Are you having those nightmares again?"

I shock my head, my throat suddenly tight. Ever since Osoe rescued me i have had nightmares of the things that where done to me every night. They where so bad, that Sam had to give me something to sleep otherwise i would be up for days and now, only recently, they had stopped. We didn't know why but Sam still had some of that potion stored away incase they started again.

 Seeing as i was not going to talk about it he sighed in defeat and droped it. 

"I actually came to get you because training starts in  5 min-" I'm already scrambling out of bed before he finished that sentence and rushing around the room, tripping once or twice in my half asleep state, trying to find my training clothes.

"Why didn't you wake me sooner!" i demand as i find my pants, not bothering to hide my scars as i put them on, he has already seen them all.

"I tried" he exclaims in defence, "but you sleep like a rock" then adds "i even shouted your name but since you snore louder than Tarken i guess you didn't hea-" 

"I do not" i huffed, annoyed.

"Do to" 

"DO NOT" i shout  as i finish getting dressed and rush down the stairs, trying not to trip and tie my hair up at the same time, Sams laughter follows me all the way down.

That day i had met Azrael,  he had given me the pebble, insisting that i needed it more than him, despite what he had done i still kept it, hating myself for it, hating myself for not being able to forget him after all these year, for not being able to hate him and still keeping a part of him with me.

I later found out, that pebble was called a Soul Stone, stones that can store a small part of the persons soul in them.

                                                                 ___________________

"Harder Lillian!"

Osoe shouts as I hit Tarken again, I'm panting so hard my throat hurts, my legs are shaking and sweat is dripping down my back, Tarken on the other hand, hasn't even broken a sweat. I groan in annoyance and try to hit him again but fail.

"Harder damn it! He can't even feel that!"

"I'm trying!" I shout back.

"He is right you know Lily, is this what you call a punch?" he taunts with mirth in his eyes as he grabs my fist before it reaches him, in utter frustration I try to kick his knee, but he grabs my ankle as well and will a sharp twist I'm sprawled on the matted floor.

He peers down cockily, about to say something he will regret.

"Please don't" I ground and close my eyes, sweat drips down my neck and forehead, my hair, currently in a dishevelled ponytail is stuck to the nape my neck.

I was 17 when Osoe found me. I was being being sold when he saw me, we locked eyes and I don't know what he saw in my numb gaze, but whatever it was caused him to buy me for double the price I was being sold for and took me to the tavern where I met my family. They took care of me and my wounds finally healed he told me I was free to leave, but I had nowhere to go so I chose to stay and started working there as soon as I could.

A year ago I asked him what he had seen in my eyes, what he saw that caused him to get me out of there.

"The look in your eyes" he had said, but when I tried to ask what it was he refused to answer  and ordered me back to work. I never asked again.

Tarken brought me out of my thoughts by picking me up.

"You have to be faster"

"Hey! Its not my fault your built like a freaking mountain"

He sets me down.

"Oh no princess, your the one that's so small"

My power starts to awake.

" I'm not the problem here-"

"Ok enough" Osoe ordered, interrupting our bickering, "Your done for today Lillian" I cheered "but you need to be more focused next time" he said sternly, even though his eyes softened as he approached us on the training mat, "Yes sir" I saluted jokingly with a smirk my face, he smirked back, but dropped it as he turned to Tarken.

"Your left side is too open when you strike with your right arm"

"Il be more careful next time" he muttered grumpily, I bit my lip trying to suppress a giggle from escaping. Osoe was always less strict with me, but he was never satisfied with Tarken, it drove him crazy, much to my satisfaction.

Suddenly Kataly comes in out of breath.

"Lily we need you, the tavern is packed and Anna called in sick" then she's gone as fast as she came.

I quickly excuse myself and leave but not before seeing the accusing look Tarken threw me for leaving him alone with Osoe's scolding, 

"Good luck" i mouth to him and  drag myself to my room, quickly turn on the tap for the bath and lay out my pale blue working dress and a leather corset, damn I hate those things, I would give anything to walk around naked, as a nymph, being in the nude is normal for me, but Osoe says its too dangerous and it makes the humans, the majority of our customers, uncomfortable.

When my bath is full and steaming I strip off my sweaty clothes and jump in, moaning in delight as the hot water soothes my aching muscles. 

In no time I'm clean and replenished, not wanting to be too long I unwillingly step out, dry myself and put on the dress then the corset over it, the sleeves are off the shoulder and slightly puffy and the dress is plain blue colour with a simple design but I love it, the skirt falls to my ankles and swirls around when I move.

When I'm satisfied with how the dress looks I put on my black flats. My hands tingle with energy as I urge the water out of my hair until it floats in mid air, dancing and swaying , and drop it back into the bath with a loud splash, I brush my long brown hair until it cascades in smooth waves down my back, and tie it at the base of my neck, when that's done I hurry downstairs, not wanting to keep Kat waiting any longer.

                                                                             ________________

As soon as I descend the creaky wooden stairs, I'm hit with the smell of cooked meat, baked bread and mead, followed by the musky odour of sweaty bodies. The dim golden light casts a warm glow on the wooden walls and ceiling, illuminating all kinds of horned and pointy eared creatures.

"What took you so long!" Kataly complained, shouting over the deafening noise of the crowded room as I head over to her.

"Im sorry!- oh sorry- excuse me" I push and squeeze around people to get to her.

"I'm really sorry Kat! I had trouble putting the corset on" I say out of breath, an obvious lie, we both know it's because I wanted to stay longer in the bath.

Brushing it off she hands me an empty tray and mutters "Its fine just go clean up the tables and take the dirty glasses to the back"

"Right away ma'am!"

I slip away, giggling before she can scold me, her grumpy muttering fades away as I start moving around bustling people and wooden tables.

After a couple of hours went by I was slightly dizzy with dehydration; being a water nymph, I shouldn't go around without water for too long. But I had been so busy with work I had forgotten do drink water and It was nearly time for my break, so I figured I could wait a little longer.

Suddenly I started seeing black dots and my vision got blurry, the tray filled with empty glasses I was carrying started to get heavy, I shook my head trying to clear my vision but ended up bumping into a tall person, a very tall, very hard person.

The glasses flew of the tray and crash on to the floor, sending shards of broken glass scattering everywhere, I on the other hand, bounce off him chest, very muscular chest may I add, and onto the hard, wooden floor, wincing, as shards of glass bight into my palms.

Now I'm going to have to clean all this up and pay for it...

I thought as I tried to stay conscious, so focused on my thoughts I didn't notice the tavern going completely silent, the people I once had to squeeze past backing away, until I finally peer up.

And froze in fear.

1