III.
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was cold water all around me, caressing me and holding me as I dive into the lake, my eyes seeing perfectly in the murky green water of the pond as I swim under and through the long, snaky roots of the water lilies, petting koy fish as I swim past, the sunlight glistening over their black, orange and white scales, making them shine.

The pond pixies join me, their deep green hair dancing around them as they wave at me with their pale, webbed hands and smile with their sharp teeth, I smile back.

The others had decided to let me swim in peace and stay behind at the picnic. After half an hour of dancing with the water I finally push my head through the surface and close my eyes, taking a deep breath, filling my lungs with the fruity perfume of the water lilies, I smile.

Suddenly a small frog jumps on to my naked shoulder, its dark green and has spots of all the shades of brown, it crouches on top of my shoulders and closes it yellow slitted eyes, sunbathing.

I couldn't help but giggle at the sight as I relish in the water, the ripples cradling me as the sun warms my skin, as the wind wisps lull in the wind and fairies flutter around the lilies, collecting their pollen.

Suddenly I hear a twig snap and instantly submerge body in the water until only my head is out, may hair webbing around me. Fear courses through my body, causing me too sink in a little deeper.

 Ragnar brakes through the trees, looking frantic, he looks around in panic. Confused as too what was making him so agitated and sensing that he was not a threat I decided to peak my head out of the water

"Are you okay?" I asked timidly.

His head snaps in my direction and when his eyes find mine his shoulders sag in relief, the movement causing the fur draped over him to sway.

He clears his throat, suddenly looking nervous.

"You where gone for so long I was....erm" his eyes suddenly filled with farce.

"I was making sure you hadn't passed out again in the middle of the forest like you did today"

I huff at his mockery.

"That only happened once!" I defended, crossing my arms.

"Not true" his eyes twinkled with mischief, "Osoe told me all about that little incident you had at the market"

I gasped as my cheeks burn at the memory of the time I had passed out right in the middle of the market when me and Kat where going shopping for supplies and ended up falling in to a puddle of mud.

I duck my head back into the green water and glare at him, at that he smiles softly at me, making me brave enough to stick my tongue out and dive into the water, cutting off his laughter.

I stayed under for 10 minutes or so, waiting for him to leave, but when I go back to the surface  he is just sitting there, looking over the water with half lidded eyes and a peaceful expression on his face

I stayed under for 10 minutes or so, waiting for him to leave, but when I go back to the surface  he is just sitting there, looking over the water with half lidded eyes and a peaceful expression on his face.

As I observe him longer, I notice he has sweat peppering his forehead.

He must be so hot under all those furs. Suddenly guilt seeps into me for making him sit there all this time in the heat.

I hesitantly glide closer to him and peek my head out.

"Your hot" I point out.

His eyebrows rise so high they almost disappear into his hairline and his eyes fill with unkept amusement.

My eyes widen as I realise what I had just said, and I feel blood rush all the way to the tip of my ears.

"I-i meant y-your hot a-as in temperature hot n-not bodily hot" I stutter desperately, realising I had just insulted him, I decide to dig myself deeper.

"N-not that y-your not h-hot or anything j-" my rambling is interrupted by his deep laugh, I stare at him with awe, my embarrassment quickly forgotten. He looked so different form the man I had seen this morning, his scowl had softened and his thin lips had smoothed into an easy smile.

"Yes doll, I am hot" he rumbled out with crinkles around his eyes as he takes off his fur skin.

I sputtered, outraged "I'm not a doll!"

"Yes you are, your height sure makes it easy to mistake you for one"

I glare at him and dip my head back into the water.

"Just get in" I mutter grumpily and dive into the deepest part of the lake, the sound of his laughter trailing behind.

The two swam around in the pond, for hours, completely unaware of the shadow watching them form the cover of the trees.

                                                                                          ________________________________________________________________________________

i know this one was way shorter than the last one, sorry.

Get ready to meet Az very soon ;)

1