Chapter 3
29 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Percy opened the door to Andromeda’s suite while holding the bouquet of chrysanthemums. But as his eyes scanned the room, he found it to be empty.

His eyebrows knitted together as he rubbed his eyebrows to make sure he saw things correctly. Percy backed out of the room to check the name tag for the room.

‘Andromeda Wilson.’

He was in the right place.

Andromeda had just woken up. Where could she have gone?

A passing nurse noticed Percy cluelessly staring inside the room.

As she walked by, she tapped him on the shoulder. “Andromeda is outside for a breath of fresh air.”

Percy turned around and politely bowed his head. “Oh, thank you.”

Outside? As far as he knew, Andromeda hated being outside in the summer. The heat was her worst enemy, and she hated the way her sweat made her clothes stick to her skin. She hated the way the sun’s rays roasted her pure, white skin into a charred brown. It was an odd preference that Percy couldn’t understand.

Although suspicious, Percy shrugged his shoulders and made his way downstairs.

As he walked outside, he scanned the nearby area for any sign of Andromeda. A slim figure sitting on a wheelchair near a bench caught his attention. Her eyes were closed, and she looked relaxed and peaceful—nothing like the high-energy girl Percy knew.

Pinkish-red burn scars poked out from underneath her hospital gowns. Her arms and legs were marred with ugly scars, and Percy winced as he looked at them. It was likely she’d be scarred forever, which would ruin her prospects of becoming an idol.

Percy approached her from behind and tapped her shoulder. April’s eyes shot open in alarm. She instinctively rolled her wheelchair backward to ram into whoever was trying to abduct her.

The wheels of her wheelchair rolled over Percy’s feet, and he winced in pain.

“Ow! What the hell?” a rude voice shouted from behind her. April spun around to take a look at the perpetrator. Getting a glimpse of his face would be useful when the police asked her what he looked like.

The man had sharp features, thick eyebrows, and full lips. His amber eyes and golden hair gleamed under the sun, making him radiate a golden glow, reminiscent of a god. His stoic expression startled April, who scowled back in response. He was, by all means, handsome. But after spending years in the brutal entertainment industry, April was immune to good looks.

What a rude person.

The man extended his right hand to her, and the chrysanthemums in his hand caught her attention. April immediately reeled back in terror. She wheeled her wheelchair as far as possible from the suspicious man and left without a second glance, leaving Percy bewildered.

As she reentered the hospital, April’s nose began to tingle, and she let out a barrage of uncontrollable sneezes.

“What the hell is up with her?” Percy muttered under his breath. Andromeda’s cold scowl lingered in his mind. She had never looked at him with such a hateful expression.

What bewildered Percy, even more, was the horrifying expression Andromeda had when he offered her the bouquet of chrysanthemums. They were her favorite flower, so why would she look at them so spitefully?

Percy snapped out of his brief moment of shock and walked after Andromeda, who had gone back into the hospital.

“Andromeda!” he called out after her, but she never turned around to look at him. Instead, she only started wheeling herself away even faster.

“Andromeda!”

When Percy caught up to her, he caught onto the handle of her chair and pulled her back. Andromeda thrashed wildly, and Percy stumbled back in confusion.

Andromeda made use of that brief moment to put some distance between them. She wheeled herself forward and tapped the shoulder of a nearby nurse.

“What’s wrong, Ms. Wilson?” the nurse kindly asked.

Unable to use her voice after the traumatic crash, Andromeda instead used her index finger to point at Percy, whose face became drained of color.

The nurse followed the direction of her finger to Percy and widened her eyes in understanding. As one of the caretakers of Andromeda, she was one of the few who knew about Andromeda’s memory loss.

“Oh, Ms. Wilson, that’s your fiancé,” the nurse said awkwardly.

Percy watched the color drain from Andromeda’s face in confusion. Did she not know who he was? Or was she just acting like this to attract his attention?

Percy strode to the nurse. “Excuse me…” His eyes flickered down to the nameplate on her breast. “Ms. Wayne, what’s going on?”

Ms. Wayne covered her mouth in surprise. “Do you- Have you not heard?”

Percy raised his brow. “Heard what?”

Ms. Wayne looked around before lowering her voice into a whisper. Percy instinctively leaned in to listen to her.

“Ms. Wilson is suffering from memory loss.”

Percy’s eyes widened. “M-Memory loss?”

April gnawed angrily at her lip. She was still here! Most importantly, no, she was not suffering from memory loss. All her memories were still intact, and she was very positive that she was not Andromeda Wilson, and this was not her fiancé.

***

Upon hearing Percy had visited the hospital, Mr. Wilson rushed into Andromeda’s suite. When he entered, Andromeda was silently staring out the window stretching from the ceiling to the floor. Percy stood awkwardly by the door holding a bouquet of chrysanthemums, Andromeda’s favorite flower.

“Andromeda, sweetie,” Mr. Wilson quietly approached his daughter. “Your friend brought you favorite flowers.”

April wanted to scream. Since childhood, she was deathly allergic to flowers and the pollen they produced. Contact dermatitis flared her skin into red, hot lumps whenever she came close to flowers.

Even now, April could feel an unbearable itch tingle at the insides of her elbows. She had to everything in her power two restrain herself from furiously scratching at them.

When April turned around, she saw her ‘father’ approaching her with the guest’s flowers in hand.

April rapidly shook her head, but Mr. Wilson continued to approach her. Panicking, April wheeled herself into the corner and held her hands out to stop him from coming any closer with those death traps.

Mr. Wilson seemed to notice his daughter’s wariness and set down the flowers on her bedside before approaching her.

“Andromeda.” Mr. Wilson pointed to Percy. “This is your fiancé, Percy Rossi. You two love each other very much.”

Love? April knew what love was. The way Percy looked at her when they just met was far from love.

Upon seeing Andromeda’s fearful face, Mr. Wilson backed away and led Percy out of the room.

“I’m sorry, Percy,” Mr. Wilson sighed. “I haven’t gotten the chance to explain everything to you yet.”

“That’s alright.” Although confused, Percy still remained polite.

Mr. Wilson gently smiled. His eyes curved into gentle moons, and smile lines creased his face. “Thank you for understanding.” He hesitated before forcing out, “The accident was very, very bad.”

Mr. Wilson gulped as tears stung his eyes. Just talking about his daughter’s misfortunate accident pained him. “Sh-She was very badly burned, and the doctor concluded she needed facial reconstruction. When she woke up, we discovered she had a very significant memory loss.”

As Mr. Wilson spoke, Percy’s face became grim. It seemed that Andromeda had become a different person overnight.

Which was not a lie—Andromeda really had become a different person.

April pulled at the roots of her hair. How had she gotten herself into this situation? What kind of horrible misunderstanding had happened with the doctors?

She brushed over her new face with the pad of her fingers and sighed to herself. The entire world believed April Westin died in the crash. Andromeda Wilson supposedly was the only survivor.

Little did the world know that it was Andromeda Wilson who had died in the crash. In the chaos, the doctors mistook April’s marred body for Andromeda’s.

Her face had been burned to the point of being unrecognizable. The doctors, believing she was Andromeda Wilson, performed facial reconstruction.

April gently hit her head with her fists. How was she supposed to tell people she was April Westin and not Andromeda Wilson?

Who even was Andromeda Wilson?

1