Chapter 2 – Jundeager’s Revival
192 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahhhh!"

I yelled as if I had woken up from a nightmare, at least that's what it felt like. I was alive. 

I screamed to the top of my lungs, "I AM ALIVE!". 

Suddenly, a memory surface across my mind, snapping me out of my outrageous state. I gulped before slowly looking down. But the outcome that I expected came to no avail. 

My arms? They're still there? But how? 

These questions filled my thoughts as tears filled my puppy looking eyes. I immediately averted my gaze to the mount but to my realization, the glowing lights have now vanished. 

Was it the weird lights that recovered my arms I thought before I sprung from an upright position to noticed how athletic and pumped my body felt? It felt different as if something overwhelming has developed within the depths of me. I quickly approached the unusual mount which I once gazed upon.

"Weird, what are these symbols? Is this some sort of ancient language, " I murmured to myself as I grazed my fingertips over the carvings. 

I then proceeded to survey the cave walls and discovered other unknown symbols and drawings. They're all over the place but who could've put them there? I thought.

Soon after, I caught a glance at this ginormous picture depicted at the dead center of the cave floor. A dark figure in a black hooded cloak with a clown mask concealing its face.

Hmm? I don't know what these symbols are but I feel somewhat of an attachment. And this figure, what could it possibly mean? Did you do all this? I thought once again but this time carefully observing the figure. But the more I kept searching the more these questions kept arising, putting a loophole of confusion.

 

Rather than rattling my brain here, it's better to go check up on my father. In due time those secrets will be unraveled I thought before moving in the direction of the exit. 

That's when I had a strange feeling, my eyes, my muscles, my speed, and my strength. They all became heightened. My vision became that of an owl, my speed felt that of a cheetah, my strength soared to the heights of a rhinoceros. To simplify, I just felt amazing. 

In a matter of minutes, I was now able to see the entrance of the cave. Not only that, but I also saw

my father laying flat on the floor. I quickly approached him and helped him upright against the wall with my right arm. 

Around the edges of his lips had blood spills. A sudden feeling of butterflies in my stomach appeared which was extremely nerve-racking. I was in a panic thinking of what to do since it seemed like my father was on his last. But things suddenly took a 360 turn.

In the middle of my right palm which was placed on my father's back, glowed a radiant bright light. This light slowly started to ease its way into my father's body. And just before my widened eyes, a miracle started to happen. My father not only woke up but his scars, injuries, illness, and the body itself got repaired. His whole appearance shifted, creating a comparison to that of when he was in his prime.  

He launched up out of my arms as if he almost had a heart attack. He first wore an expression of confusion then started to laugh as if he was insane. 

He gazed at me and then looked to the skies and mumbled, "This is our great return". 

I was still in shock when I tilted my head and looked at my dad who was spouting gibberish. 

My dad then grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "You did it, son!"

 I stu-stuttered to my dad, "Did what!" 

My dad sat down as if he was ready to tell me a story. He began by telling me "Son, you might think we stumbled upon this forest but the truth of the matter is that I brought us here. This place is known as the Forest of Life and Death. It's rumored to give anyone capable of entering overwhelming power. But not without a sacrifice, though I'm clueless of what's to be the sacrifice." He paused before continuing.

"I've been compiling research amongst research, to discover the origins of this enigma forest while I scoured as much proof as possible that could lead me to it. When I had arrived at dead-end things took a turn in my favor. An unknown entity left valuable information at our compartment eventually directing me to the exact location of this forest." 

I was taken way back by this intel he just dumped on me. But I soon found out that this knowledge he kept hidden from the clan in fear of it causing an uprising and chaos amongst themselves. It was also to avoid being on the radar of other beings that were always seeking greater power. 

Knowing my dad though, I think he truly desired this power to cure his severe illness. But due to his condition, it would be impossible so that's where I came into the picture. If I was able to gain something somewhat profitable from this journey based on what he described then it would also be a massive help toward him. And luckily I did.

 "To think that I could regain my power from my youth years this easily", he then murmured under his breath. 

He soon proceeded to ask me what happened while venturing inside the cave. At first, I hesitated but responded with,

"The cave as I see it was orchestrated to put whoever enters through a series of obstacles...

"When first entered the tunnel my path was blocked and then I was made to answer a question  with the approval of my blood before going any further. Second, there was a pressure that increased the deeper you went within the cave but as for the reason I've yet discovered."

"Third, by the time I got to the end of the cave, the pressure had already ripped my arms off and before falling unconscious two glowing lights hit me. Next thing I woke up in a more improved state then searched the area before spotting some unknown symbols and a cloaked figure on the walls and the floor of the cave."

"Unbelievable, to endure such torture. Even I wouldn't be able to do so in my previous state. And including the symbols you speak of makes it seems there's still a lot of things yet to be unraveled about this forest and its magical prowess," my father replied.

"But if I'd say myself the trip was worth it. You've gained some abilities we've yet to comprehend. Only time came tell what your now true abilities are. And as of now we will just keep pushing forward, locate new lands, and start a new beginning with this valuable asset," he continued.

These words echoed deep within my mind as I glanced towards the bright sky with a weary smile,

"Then let's begin." I let out.

5