Chapter 50 – Unexpected
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The speaker realizing what's to be done readjusted his posture then announced, 

"The winner of this match is decided, Je Jee!"

"Yeahhhhh"

"Go Koreaaaaa!!"

"Just one moreee!"

South Korean supporters roared to the heave and as they knew that the upcoming battle will be the deciding factor.

And with that Je Jee proceeded to take his leave from the platform before approaching his team.

"I know you all are riled up and I am too, so let's immediately begin the next battle !" The speaker rallied the crowd just before settling down to await the following contestants. 

As Elvis was being carried away Arlo took the stage for the next battle. As for his opponent, it was Moo Jii.

"Ahhh, our contenders have arrived! From South Korea is the magician Moo Jii and from America Arlo Bishop!" the speaker pronounced towards the crowd before glancing towards the two who stood before him.

"Gentleman, when your ready you may begin," the speaker said in a calm tone as he took a few steps back. 

....

"I finally get to face the great Arlo, how wonderful, "Moo Jii said in a cunning voice towards   Arlo. 

"I'm not here for small talk. Let's begin," Arlo stated leaving no room for a response. 

"Tch! I'll teach you!" Moo Jii said in frustration as he launched at Arlo after circulating magic around his left arm. Arlo reacted quickly and drew his magic blade then raised it vertically to slash at Moo Jii.

*BOOM*

Moo Jii grabbed the blade with his left arm while using his right to deliver a blow to Arlo's torso. Arlo then made his blade vanish before flipping backward and making it reappear again. 

"Interesting...you can control it at will," Moo Jii said teasingly after recuperating his stance. 

But in a quick moment, Arlo charged at Moo Jii who was caught off guard. To defend himself Moo Jii created a magic circle above his head that propelled a bountiful of icicles towards the charging Arlo.

"Assasins Ability: Sever the Stars" Arlo mumbled before a complex sequence of fast movements from his sword block all the incoming icicle attacks. 

But at the same time, a magic circle appears below him. 

"Gotcha!" Moo Jii muttered after realizing Arlo falling into his trap. 

*WUPP* *BOOOOM*

A massive explosion shook the spot Arlo stood.

...

"What happened?" "Did he got him?" "I don't know I can't see!" "I hope he did!" 

The audience whispered in an uproar as the platform was covered in grey smoke.

.....

Back on stage Moo Jii felt as if something went wrong from beyond smoke. And just before he could react,

"A one-trick pony is what you are. How did you make it this far?"

We're the words he heard behind him as Arlo's was directly placed under his check against his neck. 

What? I was sure I had him! When did he make it behind me!! Impossible!! Moo Jii shrieked inwardly fearing for his life. 

"So what it is? Do you concede? Arlo asked just before he applied more pressure onto his blade against Moo Jii's neck causing a slight slice to appear. 

Dammit! He already figured out my tactics. Might as well right Moo Jii thought before he replied,

"I concede."

Immediately after Arlo retracted his blade before leaping off.

...

"What kind of bulls is that" "Yeah" "Why didn't he fight back" "Outrageous!"

The crowd rumbled in dissatisfaction with Korea's performance. Well, it was expected since Korea could have tried to seal the deal with that battle.

...

"Please call down ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure the other contestants remain will present us with a delightful show!" the speaker tried working the riled-up audience.

...

As Moo Jii walked by Soo-Yeon towards his teams station he heard,

"There was nothing you could do. If you had retaliated maybe you would lose your neck, so you made the right decision."

Soo-Yeon attempted to calm the now irritated Moo Jii. And as he did Moo Jii located his seat before Hanuel Ba sprung from his with an expression of pure hunger while he licked his lips. Hanuel Ba then proceeds to approach the stage while Soo-Yeon started at his back.

.....

Meanwhile, Mathis could be seen from the other side striding towards the stage nonchalantly with both hands placed in either of his pockets. And soon enough the two opponents met not too far from the center of the platform.

"I hope we win this," Vladimir mumbled as he peeked at the stage the contestants atop.

"Fret not. We will win this tournament. He could we not," Maèl announced as he reassured Vladimir.

Hmmm...with such confidence I hope we do Vladimir thought as he glanced at Maèl for a mere second. 

...

"Ohhh look! That boys back again" "Wait! him! Dammit! Where did he come from?" "Right!? If it weren't for him our victory of this could be guaranteed, but now they sent him out again"

The Korean supporters were left in a turmoil situation as they noticed Mathis taking the stage. From speculating his previous battles they believed this match wouldn't be so easy for Korea to seize the tournament's victory. 

...

"Now then gentleman, I hope your both ready," the speaker said while looking both days at the competitors. 

But to his surprise, neither opponent spoke. Hanuel Ba had a vicious smile while Mathis wore a cold glare. Realizing the change in the atmosphere the speaker stuttered,

"W-Well then, you may both begin."

Within an instant, Hanuel overpowered himself in magic that flourished through his body. 

"Let's end this quickly!" he then yelled at Mathis before charging full speed ahead of him. He vanished left to right seemingly trying to confuse Mathis's attention.

And as he closed the distance he laughed his right arm to deliver a blow at Mathis's face. 

*SWOOSH*

*BOOOM*

Hanuel delivered a blow that was caught by Mathis's left hand. 

Wait! What! He stopped my attack! But...but how!?

Hanuel thought as he personally witnessed Mathis's strength. Though he was a Warrior with unfathomable strength it seemed it didn't compare to Mathis's.

"Well said," Mathis stated before a blood-curdling scream could be heard from Hanuel.

"AHHHHRHHH"

Mathis had broken his Hanuel's right wrist. And without releasing his grip hit used his right arm to grasp Hanuel's face.

"W-what are you doing to do!!! S-Stop!!" Hanuel pleads as he looked upon a daunting figure of Mathis. 

"Shhh! Time to sleep," Mathis whispered before he planted Hanuel's head back first into the platform causing Hanuel's eyes to flash white as he went unconscious.

*DOOM*

The stage crumbled in the spot Hanuel's head was embedded. Mathis then continued to drag Hanuel's head along the canvas towards the edge of the platform. 

Everyone on the Arena wore and horrified and gruesome expression as they watched Mathis dragging Hanuel's body by the head as if he were a rag doll. Mathis used Hanuel's head as a lawnmower that left the path where it was being dragged in shambles. 

Though it seemed as eternity Mathis's action only lasted a second before he launched Hanuel's body file the stage towards the Arenas walls that stood helped the audience feet.

*DOOOM*

The unconscious Hanuel was thrown into Arena's wall leaving him disqualified. 

"Heh, now that's how it's done," Mathis murmured to himself before walked to back to his side of the stage but not without giving the speaker a slight smirk. 

T-this guys is the devil the speaker thought before announcing the winner. 

"There it is! Math is Jundeager has won! An unexpected turnaround for America! They are still holding on to hope lead in them into the final era of the Ranking Tournaments!" 

As these words escaped the speaker's breath toms of American fans or contributors screamed in excitement after being so anxious when they witnessed America's first two matches. 

As for the none-supporters, they were irritated that the battle that could be their victory was lost so easily. 

"Tch! Let them have their fun now. Next round Mae Dae is participating," 

"Haha, let's see that smile wiped clean of their faces," 

The haters conversed deviously during the uproar of the American supporters. 

But soon after all the screams of joy and Hanuel being taken to be treated the atmosphere became as quiet as a lamb when the figure from South Korea's team approached the stage without being introduced. Class-SSS Hunter/Warrior, Mae Dae. 

0