Chapter 52 – Soo-Yeon’s Request
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that the final battle has come to an end, it marked the finale of the Ranking Tournaments. 

Chants of the name America filled the entire arena. Tears of joy occupied the still shocked American supporters. Their country had made history! Now placing them above all the other organizations and countries. 

The only ones who were plagued by disappointment and defeat were the Korean supporters. 

After winning the Ranking Tournaments three times in a row, that streak has now cow to an end. Leaving the supporters wiping tears from their faces as they leave the Arena with lowered heads. 

...

Even so, the celebration prolonged for quite a while before all the team leaders shook hands as they paid their respects to one another. 

And although on the surface, they all seemed to be unfazed a few team leaders were hiding their malevolent intent due to being unsatisfied with both the results and their performance. 

'Who would've thought that the Americans would grow to be this formidable' was the thought that crossed their minds. 

To not simply, they all congratulated each other before the speaker proceeded with releasing the countries new ranks. 

1. U.S.A 

2. South Korea 

3. Japan 

4. China 

5. the Philippines 

6. Russia 

With the United States being rank number one on the World Leaders List, they had grasped a foothold within society. 

Their previous rank caused them to be consistently spoken lowly of by the higher ranking countries. 

That aside, after the speaker released the ranks and the countries reviewed them, they were all ready to head back to their original country in either victory or defeat. 

The chattery audience and the teams all left the Arena.

Vladimir led his team towards the Arenas exit with a victorious smile that sparkle-like twinkly stars. Though, his group all suddenly halted their motion when a familiar voice rung within their ears. 

"Team leader Kushmon! Wait a minute!"

Said the voice which was revealed to be the still in recovery Mae Dae. 

Vladimir and his entire team turned around to look at him for a brief moment before Vladimir inquired, 

"What's the matter?"

Mae Dae directly glanced at everyone within Vladimirs team before facing Vladimir himself to stare deep within his eyes from a distance before replying,

"My team leader desires to have a word with those two right there." 

Mae Dae shifted his gaze towards two figures from Vladimir's team, Mathis and Leon Jundeager. 

Both Mathis and Leon facial expression severely changed after realizing Mae Dae's index finger alternated between the both of them. 

And that caused the two to simultaneously respond before Vladimir could.

"What for?"

Vladimir choked on the words that he retracted while everyone else closely observed the situation. 

"I am unclear of what reason," Mae Dae simply stated.

What could he possibly need them for? Maèl thought as he adjusted his glasses for a better view of the confrontation.

"Then why is he not h..."

"No need to be so discerning. I just had a lingering question to ask before taking my leave," 

A familiar voice echoed within everyone's ears as they looked just past Mae Dae to see behind him the approaching Soo-Yeon.

And behind Soo-Yeon stood the rest of the team. 

"And what would that question be?" Vladimir said before stepping towards the direction of the incoming Soo-Yeon.

"Hmm...then let me get straight to the point. These two right there...I take it that they're not a part of your organization,"

Soo-Yeon said with a wave of his hands towards Leon and Mathis before halting his movements a few feet away from them and their crew. 

A variety of similar expressions accompanied with a single question flashed across both the countenance and minds of Vladimir and his team.

"He knows?"

Noticing their reactions Soo-Yeon smiled before deciding to continue, 

"Don't act so surprised, you should be very well aware that nothing escapes my grasps."

"I guess the truth can't always stay hidden, can it? To answer your question...they are," 

Vladimir replied from him taken back to the state. 

He already knew that Soo-Yeon would figure out that much from these unknown contestants which were why he was in a hurry to evacuate the Arena; Even so, he didn't it would be this fast. 

Hearing this, Soo-Yeon felt as if he accomplished something. And rather than leaving it at that, he proceeded to ask a bold question. 

"Ahh, I see. Well, anyways my main goal was to ask if I can meet this new organization's leader?"

Such a concern nearly stunned Vladimir, his team, and even Soo-Yeon's team in their position. 

Vladimir thought of a way to reply but midway through his thought process, Leon took the initiative. 

"Why do you wish to meet my leader?" Leon proclaimed with both hands stuffed within either of his pockets. 

Glimpsing the seriousness in Leon's tone, Soo-Yeon responded with a smile, 

"You have to worry so much, I have no malicious intent in my request. I just simply wish to meet a future acquaintance."

To shorten the matter, for a brief moment Vladimir and his entire team had no idea of what to do next in such a predicament. 

The tension was so overbearing that they all stood there pondering. Vladimir of course couldn't think of denying a figure from South Korea who he deemed to be an ally. 

To put it into conclusion, Vladimir made a call and everyone else stand quiet.

*BRRRDD*

*BRRRDD*

Vladimir held the phone by his ear in worry. His fingers trembled while sweat accumulated across his forehead. 

"Hello?" 

A heavy voice answered from the other side of the phone.

"Hello there Mr. Jundeager...do you have a minute to spare?" Vladimir inquired in relief that his phone call was answered.

"I'm listening," 

Anapo replied with his right hand stroking his chin and his left holding his phone as he sat in a chair behind his office desk. 

"I won't beat around the bush and tell it to you straight. The leader of South Korea's team desires to meet with you," 

Vladimir replied with a distorted expression after he tightened his grip on the phone. 

And for a few seconds, there was an unbearable silence that emerged after Vladimir's response. Everyone watched eagerly as they awaited the end of the conversation. 

Soon Anapo responded with three reliving words to Vladimir before the call was ended.

"Bring him in."

*sighs* Vladimir slowly removed the phone from his ear before turning back to everyone. 

"Your request was granted," Vladimir stated towards Soo-Yeon who's expression wore a fulfilled smile. 

"Let's get going then," Soo-Yeon responded just before he approached with his team closer towards Vladimir who was as currently at the Arenas exit. 

.....

About an hour had passed since every last individual evacuated the Arena. 

Team leaders and their team members who arrived at the airport from whence they came boarded their flights to head back to their country. 

While the massive audience that left the Arena scattered to their next destination. 

During this time both Vladimir and Soo-Yeon themselves including their team made haste towards Treasures HQ. 

.....

.....

Upon their arrival at Treasures HQ, a figure could be seen standing just outside the entrance. 

Vladimir was the first to vacate the vehicle while everyone following along behind. As Vladimir stride towards the entrance of Treasures HQ, he was greeted by Anapo. 

"Greetings, Mr. Jundeager," Vladimir reached out one arm towards Anapo. 

"The pleasure is mine," Anapo quickly replied as he too stretched out one hand to shake Vladimir's hand with vigor. 

And though it lasted a second, Vladimir felt that Anapo could've easily crushed his hand if he desired to. 

After the two retracted from their handshake Anapo glanced at the people who stood behind Vladimir. 

Anapo was able to single out a certain individual who he deemed to be the one who wanted to meet him. 

"Are you South Korea's team leader, Soo-Yeon?" 

Anapo said with his gaze focused on the standing still Soo-Yeon who had both hands plastered behind his back. 

"Oho, this is our first encounter but you've already figured me out," 

Soo-Yeon responded delightfully. 

"It's my duty to know whether your my friend or foe," 

Anapo replied with a seriousness hidden within his voice. 

"Haha! Bravo! Well said indeed. I expected no less from this country's number one organizations leader,"

Soo-Yeon now clasped his hands together before him as he said this.

"I see you too have studied well," 

Anapo said with a nod of approval after hearing Soo-Yeon's response. 

"That aside, from now on I would like for us to become friends of mutual benefit," 

Soo-Yeon made a bold proclamation as he steadily approached Anapo before reaching out to shake his hands. 

'What could he possibly mean when he said "friends of mutual benefit." It doesn't look like neither he nor his team has any malicious intent towards me. Hmm...might as well agree, won't this just mean I have an ally from another country?' 

Anapo carefully deciphered the situation to his understanding. And though he felt somewhat uneasy he also reached out his hand to shake Soo-Yeon's. 

'So this is America's other organization leader. From a glance, I can tell that you're more formidable than anyone I've ever met..even the other team leaders can't compare to you. Seems today I've made a great ally.'

Soo-Yeon thought as he gave Anapo's hand one last shook before releasing it. 

"What are you all waiting for? Let's enter,"

Anapo immediately brought his attention to everyone else as he waved, signaling them to follow him inside Treasures HQ. 

And so they did. 

After opening the doors of the entrance of Treasures HQ one could say that Soo-Yeon and his group were stunned at the marvelous design of the building interior. 

'This is refreshing!'

'Ohh, wow, this is nice'

'I wonder who built this?'

'Look at all this space'

'Is this just the first floor?' 

'Oooh, what very defined building structure'

Thoughts flooded the minds of Soo-Yeon and his group members. It was their first time seeing such a captivating building. In comparison to theirs, the construction of this HQ was maybe a level above. 

'To think that America had such a hidden organization. Oho, I wonder how the other countries will feel after news breaks of this. Well, of course, I won't be the one to spill anything'

Soo-Yeon thought as he looked around the vast floor with a satisfied smile plastered on his face. 

"This is the Treasures organization and I am the CEO, Ananpo Jundeager, greetings to you all."

Anapo announced as he turns around with wide-open arms facing everyone. But to be specific, his announcement was more directed towards Soo-Yeon. 

It was at this point where the ginormous luxurious screen on the wall lit up with a piece of shocking news. 

Breaking News: There has been a citing of two separate terrorist attacks. The first being at Capital One Arena where the Ranking Tournaments ended not too long ago. 

The Second being in a city a few kilometers from there. Citizens are requesting immediate backup from the organizations. I repeat citizens are re *EARRRGHH*...

*SHHH*

The news ended as the reporter who declared openly the problem was cut off by an unknown figure within the background. 

'So this is when they decide to make their move' 

Thought Anapo who after his introduction had his gaze locked onto the screen.

Vladimir, Leon, Mathis, Maèl, Mrs. Elfise, Arlo, Corrina, and Elvis all wore serious expressions after the news broadcast was forcibly impeded. 

On the other hand, Soo-Yeon and his group were somewhat intrigued by the situation. 

Well, to be specific, Soo-Yeon's country went through the same terrorist attack a few weeks before the ranking tournaments began. 

0