Mallomor Probably Should’ve Stayed Home Tonight
6 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Niko was going to a faery party that night, and Mallomor begged him to bring him along.

"Please? Don't just leave me out of your fun!"

Niko shook his head. "You're a demon. Demons are not allowed in faery parties."

"Well, I can change, can't I?"

Niko narrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"Um...I've been considering breaking my ties with Hell. I don't want to be a demon any more."

Niko was floored. "Really? That 10 of Swords makes a lot of sense. Do you know how to do that, or even if it's possible?"

"It should be. Vivalda went from a forest pixie to a demon, so why can't I do the same thing in reverse?"

Niko was interested. "That's very smart. I'm not sure if I can help, but I'll be there for you, alright?"

Mallomor looked in Niko's soft, brown eyes. Niko wasn't the sentimental sort, making these softer moments carry more weight.

They shared a quick kiss, and Niko was convinced to take Mallo with him.

Tsarina kept watch of the house as they went out. Niko took his accordion, Bella and his black boater hat with him.

Mallomor was a bit nervous. "Should I shape-shift?"

"No, they'd all know. Just come as you are, alright?"

Niko drew up a portal, and they both came to the otherworld.

They found themselves in a beautiful forest surrounding a massive lake, with purple mountains in the distance. The whole thing looked like a Bob Ross landscape painting of the Alps, with magical balls of light floating around.

Mallomor was dazzled by the sight. "Wow! We need to come here more often, this place is beautiful!"

"Earth was once like this, too. With the fae around, they'll return it to its natural beauty. I'll lead you to the spot."

Mallomor grabbed Niko's hand. Niko was surprised, but said nothing.

All of the fae present at the party were unseelie. A bunch of gobins, hobgoblins, boggarts, trolls, ogers, and a single Dullahan were present. It was the Dullahan's birthday.

Niko entertained the guests with traditional folk music, like Battle Beast.

No, I'm not kidding. Best art was that nobody noticed or cared.

Even though many of the unseelie could easily trace their heritage back to Hell, Mallomor still felt a million eyes staring at him from a distance.

One curious goblin approached him. "Why are you here? Don't you have better things to do?"

"I'm with Niko. I'd rather be here than stay at home and be bored. Is that liquor any good?"

The goblin blinked her dewy eyes. "If you want to live dangerously, go ahead."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"Drink it and find out."

Mallomor drank it, and the next few hours were a blur. He regained his senses, finding himself on the floor of a cabin, the dullahan in front of him.

"I see you've recovered and learned to never drink or eat in the faery realm."

Mallomor sat up and rubbed his forehead. He missed something, hasn't he?

"Dullahan, can you explain what happened?"

"My name is Elric. You drank a shot of liquor and tried to force yourself on Niko."

Mallomor stood up. "Tell me this is a prank! Please tell me!"

Elric kept his calm stance. "It is not a prank."

"Is Niko angry with me?"

"No, he knows that the liquor makes un-fae," Yes, he actually said that, "give in to their deepest desires. And you desire to have sex with Niko."

Mallomor's gaze fell to the floor. "I'll never hear the end of this, will I?"

"We'll make memes about it for a month or two, and move on. This nonsense happens all the time."

Mallomor gazed at the blood stump where Elric's head would be, the closest he'd get to eye contact. "Is there a way for a demon to become a faery?"

Elric crouched to Mallomor's level. "You want to be a faery?"

"I hate being a demon, but I love Niko. Will I be able to be a fae?"

"Yes, but it won't be easy. Have you told Niko about your plan?"

Mallomor shook his head.

"OK. We'll meet again."

Some time after this conversation, Mallomor and Niko headed home. Niko didn't interact with Mallo much, and didn't sleep well that night.

Late that night, Mallomor saw Donnatello over his cot.

"Is it true that you want to become a faery?"

Usually, Mallo would deny it, but he was over giving in to the Charles Atlas wannabe.

"It is true. And you can't stop me!"

"Oh, really?" Donnatello looked over to Niko's bedroom. "Not even if your boyfriend's life is at stake?"

"You're threatening my boyfriend? Can you go even lower, Don?"

Don was considered an insult by Donnatello, because it sounded less cool. He pinned Mallomor to the wall.

"I can. Let's hope I don't have to."

2