The ELDER LICH’s Army
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

エルダーリーチの軍隊

 

The Dungeon Sweepers usually functions as primary movers, since I stayed too long in the 39th floor, it was tasked to either make me move to another floor or completely annihilate me. Since dying was out of the option I could only move to another floor.

 

When the Dungeon Sweeper emerged I was in the edge just near the 38th floor going by that it should have been faster if I went to the 38th floor as it was closer, but as if sensing that would be the logical thing to do, this dungeon sweeper blocked the path towards it with its huge body, I only have one path to move and that is to the 40th floor, the Boos Area.

 

Thankfully I did not have to blindly look for the 40th floor entrance. For the 10 days I was staying on the 39th floor I also looked for the entrance and had found it on the 3rd day. Now I just needed to enter it hoping the Dungeon Sweeper does not hunt me inside the boss room because the one waiting for me here is…

 

The ELDER LICH was the same size as the LICH that I had fought in the 35th floor, there were some difference tough, first it now equipped itself with a scythe which made it menacing more than it already is. It made me feel that I was fighting death itself. Another is, the moment I entered and the doors closed behind me it summoned three WRAITHS and an assortment of UNDEAD and SPECTRE type monsters.

 

I waited… and thankfully the Dungeon Sweeper did not pursue me here, it is not like I am saying that the ELDER LICH is easy, it’s just that if I was made to fight both of them, it would be instant death for me.

 

‘Now, how do I deal with the ELDER LICH and its UNDEAD-SPECTRE army?’

 

*****

 

The boss floor this time was quite different from the other boss floors: for one most floors are smaller, in comparison this place is triple its size, and it is probably because of this army. Thankfully none were looking for a hasty battle and did not attack me as soon as they were summoned. With that, I made my own preparations.

 

I checked the 7 pouches holding an assortment of MANA Crystals that hang on my makeshift belt. I also made sure that there are no problems for my DANGER, KI and MANA perceptions which are vital to fighting style.

 

I took out my long bow and some 150 arrows, I also made sure that my shuriken, kunai and throwing daggers are replenished. Making sure to check my weapons for chips and other anomalies, so far nothing to note but they are probably at their limits. I probably won’t be able to use 4 of these weapons including the weapon I have sheathed in my back. I will have to make use of the monsters dropped weapons this time, it should help make my weapons last long enough to get to the boss.

 

With my preparation done… The only question left is where I do it or not, but since I sure can’t run from this fight I will have to charge…

 

*****

 

Now that I had my preparations roughly completed, I needed to think the course of action. In short my plan of attack. There are two choices that I can choose from.

 

First choice is to fight a defensive battle, reduce the number of the army until a clear path is ready for me to take on the ELDER LICH. Personally this was the most logical approach. However, I am currently inside an illogical place known as a dungeon.

 

The ELDER LICH Army was quite intimidating, roughly a thousand in number. But I should expect that the number will not dwindle in the slightest, as long as the ELDER LICH exist, I can defeat as many UNDEAD or SPECTRE but they will just replenish no matter what. The ELDER LICH can just keep summoning for more UNDEADS, and the three WRAITHs looming affront can summon countless SEPTREs.

 

I should be glad that the ELDER LICH did not even bother to summon another LICH I might have the slightest inclination to stop here and there.

 

The second choice is the complete opposite of the first, it prompts me to willingly dive into the maelstrom and defeat the ELDER LICH up front. I think strategy wise this is both idiotic and suicidal. For one I don’t think I can kill the three WRAITHs with one slash, don’t even bother asking about the ELDER LICH. And lastly, while fighting the 4 strong monsters, I don’t think that the summoned UNDEAD and SPECTRE will just stay out of the way and say: ‘I don’t want to sully the duel of the boss’. Nope, I definitely do not see that happening.

 

*Sigh

 

As I ponder and weighed on the two choices, and the choice I am left to do between the two. Unfortunately, with my analysis I am really left with one choice, I then complete my preparations for the assault. As I was about to perform my reckless dive to the maelstrom, I happen to look at my 7 pouches and got a sudden light of inspiration.

 

“I might have a third option after all.” I spoke shock at my own brilliance as I was able to create another choice. I then modify my preparation, the course of action chosen: the last minute third plan.

 

*****

 

I took my long bow and shot at the Pyramid Altar that the ELDER LICH and the WRAITHs have positioned themselves like some almighty beings (which they are in this area anyway). I let lose 60 arrows at their direction.

 

The moment they notice that they were under attack, the UNDEAD and SPECTRE scrambled to find and try to utterly destroy the assailant. But, by the time they arrived at the spot I was no longer in the area.

 

I then jump from tree to tree and let lose another 35 arrows in bosses’ general direction. The underlings scramble again to find me but, I escape to another area. This time, hoping and praying that my preparations are really working I used HAMA no YA and whittle some of their LIFE FORCE… or should I call it DEATH FORCE?

 

Anyway, using the HAMA no YA I proceed the whittling of their DEATH FORCE, 5 more times with my remaining arrows. I move erratically choose my location sometime closer to the Altar sometimes far away. But for my last set of arrows I made sure to choose the farthest should I fail to defeat them instantly as I hoped I needed to buy time for me fight them.

 

Then, just like a ninja –the silent assassin begins its assault. I made my steps as silent as possible and sneakily approach my targets, by applying what I learned from leaking MANA, KI and LIFE FORCE I was able to also erase my presence.

 

Incidentally, I was able to make use of a speed that should not have been possible in my previous world and called this so called skill SENKOU (flash step). Make use of the Flash Step I made forward movement faster almost breaking the speed barrier.

 

And as I got to that close ranged I unleashed a Skill developed fight to fight four weak against HOLY attacks. Techniques of a Thousand Demons’ Ways – Dance of Light: AURORA

 

Captain the NINJA ASSASSIN. Captain the SCHEMER. Captain the DEATH EXECUTIONER. Even if the world despise you I will always stay by you side

 

*****

 

The half joke that Grim-chan unleashed at the last lines were a bit salty I could only laugh. Well, you might be wondering what happened there, well it all comes down the last minute strategy I came up. If attacking up front and defending at back was not going to be good strategies against the opponent then assassination will be the only left choice.

 

Right, that was the only choice left for me, but then again easier said than done. I needed some ground works first to enable this assassination to succeed.

 

One was the difficulties of one hitting the boss and the three that guarded it. If the ELDER LICH was wearing the BLACK MANA Robe (or at least something better) the same as the LICH I fought at the 35th floor then it has a way to replenish its LIFE FORCE. As long as there is MANA in its surroundings it will have a way to keep its life despite snipping it from a far. Those are its strengths and were also its greatest weaknesses.

 

First Phase: Take away its means to heal. Destroy all UNHOLY attribute MANA CRYSTALS in its surroundings. The first 60 arrows I shot in its direction were for this purpose. The crystals are really brittle and disintegrate the moment the arrows impacted on them.

 

Second Phase: Poison. Like I said there was no way I could do a one hit kill to any of the monsters in that Altar, so I needed to dwindle it bit by bit. My MIS was a great clue for this and the fact that I had carried a lot of HOLY Attribute MANA Crystals in my pouch. If the BOSS monster was going to suck MANA, then I only needed it to suck HOLY Attribute MANA then --boom a pseudo-MIS.

 

Third Phase: Whittle the DEATH FORCE and Take away the Guards. The third phase had two purpose, one was to help in whittling the DEATH FORCE of the monsters atop the Altar, and to make the subordinates chase me from all directions, the last shots were done far away since I needed to make sure that I have enough time to handle boss should I fail assassinate them with a few more hits.

 

Last Phase: Execute the UNDEAD BOSSES. Thanks to the new Skills I obtained at the final moments I manage to defeat the 4 Bosses without them even noticing.

 

The AURORA Skill, is a derivative –no an ultimate HOLY DANCE Skill I developed on the spot, I had imagined a flash of light hitting targets like mirrors bouncing from one target to another. While the ultimate HOLY DANCE skill was a big factor if I had not laid the grounds first this would it been useless.

 

Thankfully, unlike the GOBLIN and the ORC COMMANDERS who have their subordinates remain even after their deaths, the UNDEAD and SPECTRE who had lost the ones who had summon them disappeared as soon as the Bosses were defeated.

 

*****

After the battle it would seem that Grim-chan has leveled up and soon enough my telepathic messages with her has finally gone to the point where I am able to get information from her on the spot. While thinking about how many MAGIC Cores I have acquired, she gave me a rundown of the numbers for me.

 

.MAGIC CORES {

  • FIRE : 14,428
  • WATER : 14,485
  • EARTH : 13,366
  • WIND : 14,675
  • DARKNESS : 20,627
  • LIGHT : 12,003
  • HOLY : 12,205
  • UNHOLY : 19,702
  • VOID : 11,058

}

Captain, this is our haul.

 

Thanks to that I was able to get a good grasp of the cores that I would be able to use for the first time to increase some of her skills.

 

Unfortunately even with the haul with the SNARLS (that almost got me killed against the UNDEAD MASTER ALPHA CURR, by the way). The MAGIC CORES were still not enough to fully strengthen Grim-chan, I felt apologetic. At the moment I was troubled whether to use my MAGIC CORES on level-upping RETURN TO SHIP or MONSTER REPELANT.

 

This two were the only ones that are in range for my MAGIC Cores, and I can only choose one to level up.

 

If I level Up RETURN TO SHIP I can increase the range, as of right now I am no able to use the skill since I’ve long passed the 10 Kilometers range of effect. I still have the EMERGENCY RR though which seems to forcefully transport me to the ship despite the range, of course it is still within the cooldown time unfortunately I still need 1 more month before I am able to use it. When I get to the next floors I will take my time before proceeding to the Mid-Boss making sure not to get hunted by Sweepers.

 

If I level up MONSTER REPELANT, it increases the MONSTER RANK that it can repeal and will make Grim-chan relatively safe from unwanted monster attention. Thankfully she is currently safe with the custody of WIEZER and the others sp she should not be in any immediate danger. But I feel that I need to reward her for saving me all the time.

 

Just as I was troubled with which choice an angry voice retorted in my mind:

 

Level upping RETURN to SHIP to Level 2 and increased range to 50.00 kilometers

Your safety is my top priority Captain! There is no need to be troubled with this. If you are safe I am safe. Now move along and get some rest!!!

 

Ah! I got scolded. She even forcefully level up the RETURN to SHIP. ‘Your right Grim-chan for now I will get stronger so that I can protect you better.’

 

With Grim-chan level-upping the skill I should be able to use the RETURN to SHIP skill while I go deeper to the floors.

 

Hopefully I will get another haul in the coming floors and so it was time to leave the Forest Ruins.

2