Chapter 40
1.9k 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyle's arrival instantly became the center of attention at the training base.

  The title of youngest lieutenant officer and American hero was enough to make every recruit talk about it, escalating it into a hot topic of gossip.

  And now, the rumored arrival of a real person was more attractive than a dancer idol or something.

  Steve took the opportunity to get away, retreated backstage, and put on a group of short skirt-clad dancers to round out the crowd.

  Only the soldiers in the square, still in high spirits, couldn't stop looking around, trying to find Kyle, who had disappeared from the scene.

  At this moment, backstage on the lecture stage.

  "Steve."

  "Kyle!"

  The two handsome young men ignored the strange stares of the backstage staff and hugged each other with a big smile, a uniquely affectionate gesture.

  Kyle was still just smiling, while Steve's excited face was overflowing with overwhelming joy, happy as a child.

  "Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm still not completely healed from the gunshot wound in my left shoulder."

  Kyle cursed with a chuckle and looked at the near fit and powerful Steve, punched a solid fist in the chest and lamented, "I can't believe how much taller you are, you're even taller than me."

  He was only 180cm, while Steve was now 188cm, half a head taller.

  "It's all the effects of the super soldier serum, I'm much stronger now than I look." Steve didn't hide anything, and sadness appeared on his righteous face, saying regretfully, "Unfortunately, the professor was shot by a HYDRA spy, and the only sample of the super soldier serum was robbed and destroyed, otherwise ......".

  "It's fine." Kyle shrugged his shoulders, not caring and said, "Even if I don't have the Super Soldier Serum, I'm fine with it."

  After all, I have the back-up of drawing cards.

  Kyle's heart chanted inwardly.

  "By the way. Kyle, what happened to your right hand?" Steve's surprised gaze fell on Kyle's right hand, the officer's uniform was a long-sleeved jacket, but Kyle's right hand was now tightly wrapped in a white bandage, along with his palm.

  Kyle lifted his own tightly wrapped Zhenjin arm guard and casually made an excuse, "This ah, is a little bruise from the previous battle."

  "Raiding the Battle of Counterattack!" Steve's eyes lit up and he couldn't hide his excitement and said, "I've heard all about your war record, you must give me a good account of what it was like."

  For Steve, a patriot war fanatic full of passionate beliefs in justice, he was really suffocated by the fact that he had not yet been on a battlefield with real bullets.

  This was also to Kyle's liking, so he readily agreed, "No problem, let's find a place to have lunch."

  After saying that, Kyle's eyes shifted to Carter behind Steve.

  The mature woman, who remained as cool as ever, was like a thorny rose, with an air of being unapproachable.

  Kyle teased, "Agent Carter's here, too. I've been meaning to return the favor for a long time."

  Carter was going to say no, but for some reason he hesitated and said, "Well, let's go."

  Hmm? Is this agreed upon? We're catching up with our brothers and you're really going?

  Kyle was a bit confused for a moment, thinking that a cold one like Carter would definitely refuse.

  But since this is the case, we can only let nature take its course.

  Ten minutes later, in the cafeteria of the training base, Kyle sat at a table in the middle of the area.

  At the table in the middle of the area, Kyle sat on one side, and Steve and Carter sat side by side on the other side.

  An odd atmosphere for a three-person meal.

  "That ...... Brother Kyle, we're just going to eat here, huh?" Steve looked hesitantly at the hodgepodge on his plate, not that he disliked it, but he was just thinking of the person next to him.

  Inviting Carter to lunch in the soldiers' mess hall.

It was probably the only thing Kyle would dare to do.
  "As you know, this side of the training base is on the front lines of the Italian territory, and if you want to go to any restaurant, you'll have to catch a helicopter to get there for dinner." Kyle smiled and said, "What? Didn't you used to eat a lot?"

  "It doesn't matter to me, but." Steve's eyes gave a subtle indication, next to a silent-looking Carter.

  "Oh, right. Chef, add a big chicken leg to our Carter beauty!" Kyle shouts directly at the cafeteria chef.

  Steve: "......"

  Carter was also silent for a while before he started eating the hodgepodge lunch on his plate with a spoon.

  Steve had only taken a few bites when he couldn't resist saying, "Kyle, tell me a little bit about the counterattack. I heard back then, due to faulty intelligence, you were facing a large German base with a hundred troops."

  "That's right. As a newly promoted corporal, I led a 100-man unit with another sergeant on a surprise mission to ......." Kyle started to talk about the battle, but his mind was locked on Steve, who was right in front of him.

  It was only for a moment, and only Kyle was visible, that hundreds of different colored cards leaped out from the back of Steve's head, quickly floating and spinning on his side.

  [Car Driving Mastery], [English Mastery], [Military Boxing Mastery], [Pistol Mastery], [Sniper Rifle Mastery], [True - Shield Mastery] ......

  The white and green cards were densely packed into Kyle's vision.

  Compared to two weeks ago, when he only had the initial four white ability cards on him, Steve had done the same with his new body!

  Of course, the number of cards itself was not the point, white and green ability cards Kyle had as many as he wanted.

  Kyle's eyes quickly fell on the top of Steve's head, There was an incomparable dark blue ability card suspended there, emitting a light that easily crushed the rest of the hundreds of ability cards.

  [Super Soldier].Get the perfect body that humans can achieve. Blue Rare Ability Card. A genetically induced qualitative change in the human body. Increases the body's constitution to the theoretical threshold of human perfection, greatly slows down the body's aging process, and strengthens its immune system, low-level self-healing, and resistance to blows. Possesses a golden body, superb physical abilities, speed, reflexes, and intelligence that normal humans cannot achieve.

Current Status: Can be drawn.
Do you choose to draw?

  "This is the blue rare physical class ability card." Kyle's heart swelled with uncontrollable excitement.

  Skill class [Potential] ability card, compared to this kind of card, the high and low are judged.

  Without hesitation, Kyle directly chose to draw, but in the next moment, an unprecedented warning item suddenly sounded in his mind.

  'Warning! The card drawing needs to last half an hour!

  'Warning! Blue rare quality ability cards can only be drawn once!

  'Warning! Once drawn, the card body will be completely transformed and cannot be replaced!

  Kyle blanched, the three card-drawing warning messages as profound as a knife to the heart.

  "Kyle, what's wrong with you?" Steve saw Kyle stop suddenly and was worried.

  Carter was also surprised and stared directly at Kyle.

  "Nothing much, just a sudden reminder of the battle's difficult scenario." Kyle shook his head and verbally continued with the unfinished description of the battle scene.

  He didn't give it much thought, but his mind made a quick choice.

  Keep drawing!

10