Chapter 21
233 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Swish Swish Swish!

Seeing Jack and Natalia finally making their moves, ten of the militia warriors sent their arrows flying towards them.

"Hmph, amateurs!" upset at Nathan's men being so weak as to try to attack him at long range instead of up close, Jack couldn't help to feel pissed!

Halting his movements, Jack allowed the three arrows to hit his body without even dodging.

Ping Ping Ping!

"H-H-How is that p-p-possible?" one of the men couldn't help to cry out in fear. As the arrows hit Jack's body, they instantly broke apart and fell onto the ground without leaving a single scratch on Jack. What shocked them the most, was that Jack was not wearing any armor!

Nathan couldn't help but to wonder how Jack was so powerful. He knew better than everyone else here that Jack's household had no real training methods or techniques that would allow his body to be stronger than the iron arrows.

Nathan and Martin ignored Jack and concentrated on Natalia who showed even more formidable strength.

"When will these men learn that you can't test a witch?" without even chanting her spell, Natalia instantly had a massive wall of fire blocking the seven arrows that were fired at her on the other side.

"No way! Keep firing before we lose our advantage!" shouted out one of the militia warriors as two more waves of arrows fired out towards Natalia's position.

"Guess I gave them too much credit." Natalia pondered as she quickly used another spell after her wall of fire devoured the additional arrows.

"Why is that wall of fire becoming very circular in mid air like a vortex?" Martin asked Nathan as he got ready to enter the battle at any moment alongside him.

"Oh no!" before Nathan could shout out for the warriors around Natalia to retreat quickly, Natalia finished casting her next spell without any chants.

Suddenly dozens of ghost type creatures flew out of the vortexes of fire. You could hear them all screeching as their bodies were created by the fire itself! With dark crimson eyes and deathly screams, these ghosts made of fire, tackled the warriors while exploding upon impact!

In the matter of only a single breath of time, Natalia killed over twelve warriors while the rest were severely burned and at death's doors.

Seeing such an onslaught of his men, Nathan was about to spit out a mouthful of blood. The men who were under Nathan were rather weak compared to warriors within the city, however, Nathan still tried to train them to be strong. It could be said that Natalia killing so many warriors at once, threw away years of hard work on Nathan's part.

"Martin, you deal with that girl using your fire-resistant armor. I will handle that other kid. I apologize, but they have crossed the line by killing so many of my men." Nathan barked out before dashing towards Jack's direction. After pondering for a moment to think of an alternative solution, Martin coming up with nothing, decided to follow Nathan's orders and ran towards Natalia.

"You all call yourselves warriors, but you are nothing under my blades!" yelling out like a wild tiger attacking its prey, Jack was able to severely injure each warrior who approached his position.

In the matter of only several breaths of time, Jack was able to take down over ten warriors, even with them all being in defensive formations while others fired continuous arrows towards him. If one looked closely at Jack, they would see a devilish killing intent with his dark eyes as if he was a judge of the underworld, cutting down the weak demons!

Not even paying attention to the remaining warriors, Jack suddenly turned around with one of his daggers meeting Nathan's sword. The impact of their weapons caused the air around them to burst out causing the remaining warriors to fly backwards in fear of being sucked up.

"Not bad, to match me in raw strength with only one dagger means that you deserve to die under my blade!" Nathan shouted out at Jack as they both clashed once again.

This next clash of their weapons caused small craters on the ground underneath their feet to show cracks. The previous exchange could be said to be a test that both men gave each other. However, this next one, both men used their full power and both hands.

Like this, Jack and Nathan continued to exchange blows while neither one was showing the other an opening. At this moment both men were evenly matched with their raw strength and it shook fear into the onlookers nearby.

"Martin is this your answer?" with a cold gaze, Natalia turned towards the approaching Martin while asking him this question. As a witch, Natalia lacked confidence, but now with this new power, her true self during battle has appeared.

"I do not want to fight you, but from your actions today towards the men of this village, I have no choice but to cut you down in the name of justice!" Martin halting his advancement shouted to Natalia.

In truth, he felt confident to hold her off in a stalemate due to his armor. However, his body trembled seeing Natalia's cold killing intent towards him and calm words.

When training, Martin's armor would be able to easily protect him from Natalia's spells. This was before her strength increased to such a level, however, Martin still had some of Leo's potion left on his side.

"Surrender, or you will be the one who leaves their life behind today." without hesitation, Natalia gave Martin an ultimatum. At this moment, Martin's life meant very little to Natalia, but, she still wanted to give him a future.

"You think that you have the capabilities to order me around?" angered by Natalia's ultimatum, Martin started to charge her with all his might. At this moment, he was blocked by a massive serpent made of flames. The serpent whipped its tail at Martin and was able to push him back flying while he spit out some blood from his mouth.

"Then die." remaining calm, Natalia replied to Martin as she ordered the serpent to rush Martin, giving him no openings to escape.

"Damn it, how is this kid able to last this long against me when I can barely hang on?" Nathan thought as his sword clashed what seemed to be the hundredth time with Jack's daggers.

Nathan's endurance was slowly fading; however, Jack was repeatedly able to continue fighting at his maximum strength without wavering in the slightest. Knowing that Jack also had some of Leo's potion left as well, Nathan felt a sense of danger.

"If this continues, we will most likely be killed, and this village will no longer be in our household's control. I need to hang on as long as I can!"

"Agh!" with a deafening cry of agony, Nathan could hear Martin's scream as the serpent finally pierced through his armor while taking his left arm with it! With his armor being pierced through, the fire the serpent was made of, started to burn Martin's body from his insides!

"Martin? No!" trying to dash towards Martin's position to save him, Jack used the opening and his swift speed to pierce Nathan's head with both daggers.

Just like this, both cousins had finally surrendered their lives to Leo's squad. Even now, Jack had not used any of the potion on his side, and Natalia showed no signs of weakening either.

Shooting vengeful stares to the surrounding villagers, Jack and Natalia made their way back into the building where Leo was. The villagers quickly fled into their homes with the help of the village guards who finally made their way over. Seeing Nathan and Martin's corpses on the ground, their reinforcements decided to wait here for the culprits to show themselves.

Knowing that both Jack and Natalia had done this, Hans now the commander of the guards and militia warriors of the village, sent a scouting party to the city to report this incident to the alliance. With Nathan now dead, the alliance needed to immediately send someone just as capable in order to keep this village safe during monster attacks.

5