16: Reality and Fiction
25 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eri spent Wednesday evening studying for her test. She met Takumi for another date on Thursday, but she asked him to take her home afterwards.

When she saw his disappointment she told him anxiously, "It's not that I don't want to go to your place. I just don't feel like it's normal to sleep with you everytime I see you, and I want to date normally?"

He replied, only a little ruefully, "It's okay, we can do things at your pace."

--

On Friday Takumi picked Eri up for the appointment. When he saw how tense she was he tried teasing her, "You look like a kitten that knows it's going to the vet."

"I know exactly how that kitten feels now," she responded rather miserably.

He reached out and brushed his fingers against her cheek and told her gently, "It will be okay Eri."

"What if it's not?" she asked anxiously.

He pulled her close and kissed her. "I meant no matter what the result is, it will be okay," he said firmly.

The trip to the clinic felt too short. The wait for the test to be processed felt too long. Doctor Wei, who had been Eri's pediatrician, quietly informed them of the result.

Takumi looked at Eri's white face and asked, "Can we have a little while alone before we continue?"

Wei nodded and left them together.

Takumi pulled Eri into his lap and hugged her. She didn't resist or respond, just sat passively.

"It's okay Eri," he told her softly.

She started to cry, and then turned her face and pressed her nose into him. "I'm sorry," Eri sobbed into his shoulder.

"It's okay," he repeated quickly.

"It must be, from that morning," she said tearfully.

He shook his head and denied it. "No. Not necessarily. I didn't examine any of the condoms against a light or anything. And it really doesn't matter why, all that matters is what you want to do about it."

Eri froze and paled again, tears still poured down her face.

He hugged her anxiously, and asked, "Eri?"

After a long moment she asked in a choked whisper, "Do you want it? Really want it?"

"Eri, it doesn't matter what I want," he replied quickly.

"It does!" she protested. She swallowed hard and said, "I don't want it, but I think it will be okay to have it if one of its parents really wants it."

He was quiet for a few minutes and she cried against his shoulder while he thought.

Finally he replied, "I want it, and I want you. Honestly, I felt happy for a moment when he told us."

She looked at him in surprise. "Why?" she sniffled.

He admitted with chagrin, "Because I'm apparently really possessive of you. My first thought was, 'Now she won't be able to leave me.' And I know that is stupid and untrue, but that was my first response." He caressed her cheek and told her, "But even if you won't stay with me, I don't want you to get rid of it. I do want our baby Eri."

She examined his face intently and he waited. After a minute she asked, "Are you sure?"

He nodded and kissed her gently and said, "I'm sure."

"Okay," she agreed.

He hugged her tightly and whispered, "Thank you."

She tried to smile for him but it was a fragile, wavering attempt and he cradled her gently and said, "Don't worry, I'll take good care of you both."

She swallowed and replied anxiously, "Babies are really expensive aren't they?"

He laughed a little and told her, "This is going to sound like a stupid little rich kid response, but money really doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure that I can take care of you on my own, but if I can't, I can just ask my parents for help. You don't have to worry about anything like that Eri."

She stared at him silently, unable to process his assurances.

He blushed and then shrugged. After a few moments he asked hesitantly, "I don't want to add any more stress for you right now, but will you at least consider marrying me?"

That provoked a response, but she only sat up straighter and gazed at him with distress.

He tried to hug her again and told her more reassuringly, "You don't have to decide or worry about it right now or anything, I'd just like you to consider it before the baby is born."

"Okay," she agreed reluctantly. "I'll think about it. But I don't think getting married just because I got pregnant is a good idea… I don't think I should marry you unless I'm sure that I love you."

He winced but he nodded.

"Sorry," she whispered.

"It's okay Eri," he assured her gently. "I already told you that I'll wait for you, and I meant it."

She cuddled into him, and he hugged her tighter.

When the doctor returned, he gave them lots of information on pregnancy and development to read later. He prescribed vitamins for Eri, and then suggested that she find a doctor or midwife who specialized in that field to oversee her health in the coming months.

Takumi told him sharply, "Not that doctor we saw on Monday."

Wei grimaced and replied, "I'm sorry. She really is a very good doctor, but I'm afraid she let her own troubles with her family color your visit."

"I don't care, that's too bad, but not her," Takumi replied firmly.

He gave them several other recommendations to contact and then they left.

--

Takumi looked at Eri as he helped her with her jacket and said suddenly, "Let's celebrate."

"Celebrate?" she replied doubtfully.

"You don't want to?" he asked wryly, and was unsurprised when she shook her head.

He reached out and cupped her face and suggested, "Then let's go do what we should have been doing to get you pregnant this fast."

"What?" she asked.

"Come with me and find out?" he suggested with a grin.

"Okay," she agreed trustingly.

He kissed her deeply and buckled her helmet on.

He took her to a love hotel. She gripped his hand tightly and trailed after him as they walked in. They surveyed the display of rooms on the wall, and Eri looked around in confusion.

"It's all automated?" she asked after a moment.

He nodded, then grinned at her and asked teasingly, "See any rooms you like, my little innocent?"

"Why didn't we just go back to your apartment?" she asked instead of answering.

He pulled her close and whispered, "Because I'm going to make you scream and cry." Her eyes widened in alarm, and he relented a little and added, "With pleasure, I hope."

She blushed.

He kissed her again and asked, "So, any preference?"

She looked shyly at the displays again and pointed at one of the darker ones. He held his hand up to it and asked doubtfully, "This one?"

She nodded and he selected it. It charged him and issued their key and room number, and he led her to the elevator.

When they entered the room he looked around and commented, "This is better than I thought." It was a solar system theme, and the dark walls and ceiling twinkled with thousands of tiny lights representing stars. Curiously he asked, "What made you choose it?"

Eri pointed at the bed shyly and said, "It looked so round and it's covered in clouds."

He looked at the bed that represented a blue planet and grinned at her. "It is," he agreed, and tossed his jacket onto a small red planet that was either a stool or a table.

He undressed her slowly, and she shyly undressed him in return. Her face was already flushed with desire when he removed the last piece of her clothing and he abandoned his plans and simply laid her down.

--

Much later, Takumi gathered Eri into his arms, petted her, and covered her in little kisses.

She gazed at him and begged, "Stop touching me please."

He looked at her with shock and surprise, and released her.

After a moment she said, "You can hold me, but stop moving, I can't stand any more."

"What?" he asked, hesitantly pulling her back into his arms.

"My whole body is vibrating everytime you touch me," she complained.

He caressed her and she arched and shuddered, and he stared at her with wide eyed surprise.

"Don't move," she pleaded.

He froze and she closed her eyes and lay limply in his arms.

"Wow," he whispered.

After another minute she said, "I think I'm okay now and you can move a little."

He tucked her into his arms more securely and petted her gently and she relaxed and sighed and cuddled against him. He scooped her up and rolled her over. She gazed at him with wide eyes and he kissed her.

He grinned at her and said, "And this is how I should have knocked you up." She gazed at him silently and his grin faded as he asked, "Did you hate it?"

She shook her head quickly, although she replied doubtfully, "I'm not sure I want to do this much very often."

"Okay," he agreed, and kissed her gently.

A tone rang through the room and Eri looked around with a puzzled expression.

"That's our time warning," he told her. "If we stay more than another thirty minutes it charges for the night."

She sat up and he pulled her hand to his lips and kissed her fingers before asking, "Do you want to stay?"

She looked at him and shook her head. "I'm kind of hungry," she complained.

They showered quickly and left.

2