36: Together – After
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They got a couch that rocked.

Eri complained, "I thought you chose this so that you could rock the baby when it arrives?"

Takumi gripped her hips tightly and said teasingly, as their rocking motions continued, "I'm really enjoying rocking the baby like this already?"

"Takumi," she protested breathlessly.

"I'll rock you like this when the baby's asleep, even after it comes," he promised.

--

After they finished, he pulled her up tight against his chest and kissed her mouth.

"I love playing with you while you're pregnant," he told her smugly after he'd caught his breath again. "Should we have several kids?"

Eri blushed as she protested a bit anxiously, "I don't think that's a good reason to have more children."

"You'll have to go on birth control, or get your tubes tied as soon as this one arrives, if you don't want more," he warned her. "I love making love to you, and I don't plan to ever stop now that we've started."

--

Sometimes when Eri played her new keyboard on the window seats in the sunshine, Takumi would sing a little for her. It made her shiver with desire before he even touched her, and one afternoon he asked teasingly, "Should I sing to you while you're naked so that I can watch?"

He was startled when she replied wantonly, "Please do anything you want to me while you're singing Takumi. I really love your voice." She bit her lip as she admitted, "I don't want to make you unhappy, but I really want to be allowed to ask you to sing for me sometimes."

He looked at her for a long moment and then agreed hesitantly, "Okay, you can ask me to sing when it's just us."

"Are you sure?" she asked a bit anxiously.

He grinned as he trailed a fingertip through her curls and whispered, "It's okay if it's you Eri."

--

Takumi raised an eyebrow at Eri when he got home and found her going through his accounts.

She blushed as she explained quickly, "You gave me your passwords, and then I decided to look into children's savings accounts, and umm…" She waved helplessly at the open spreadsheets, as she realized that as an accountant, he probably had much more efficient methods.

Takumi grinned at her with a smile of pure delight, and she blinked at him in confusion. "That's great Eri!" he exclaimed happily.

"It's, you could probably do better…" she protested hesitantly.

He dropped beside her and interrupted her words with a deep kiss before replying cheerfully, "You are planning for our future, all three of us, I'm so happy!"

Eri blinked at him, and then looked at the savings plans she'd been developing. Somehow she'd been expecting Takumi to feel upset about her casual distribution of his future income. Instead he was already flicking between documents and adding notes and additional expenses.

"Thanks," she whispered.

He paused and then set things down and reached for her. "Are you," he asked a bit hesitantly, "unhappy about it?"

She quickly shook her head. It was hard to explain, but his happiness made her so happy that she could cry. Her mouth trembled as she insisted, "I'm glad, I'm really glad."

He cuddled her for a minute, studying her face, and then smiled again as he commented more lightly, "But you think I've been spending money rather frivolously." She just shrugged, but he added, "It's okay. We'll adjust to each other's spending habits pretty soon, and I don't mind reducing my expenses to make you more comfortable."

"I'm comfortable," Eri protested.

Takumi grinned at her as he held up the screen she'd been making a list of non-essential expenses on. She blushed but lifted her chin and met his eyes. His smile widened as he added another half a dozen things to the list.

--

After the wedding, Eri accepted very shyly when Mirage's second lead singer asked her to dance. She thought guiltily that she must be the envy of a million other fan girls.

He grinned at her as he told her, "I'm so envious."

She blinked, glanced toward Takumi, and then gazed at him in shock. He couldn't possibly mean…

Kobayashi Ryuske led her to the floor as he explained, "Takumi has told me enough that I know you didn't want your baby at first. I never regretted not getting married or having many lovers, but now that I'm getting old, I kind of regret that I never had children of my own."

"You don't have to get married to have children," Eri objected, and then blushed.

He guided her into the dance and grinned at her. "I think finding someone to knock me up would have gotten a little complicated," he suggested teasingly.

Her blush deepened. "I didn't mean like that, there are other options." She looked at him and suggested, "You could even still adopt."

"At my age?" he asked laughingly.

"If you really wanted to," she insisted surprisingly firmly.

Ryuske looked at her with surprise as they dodged another more enthusiastic couple.

After a moment Eri continued, "I've thought about it a lot, what happens to children who aren't wanted. When I was younger I worried about what would have happened to my sister if my parents hadn't wanted her, when I got old enough to understand that my mother wasn't her biological mother and that her mother hadn't wanted her. And then since this," she looked at her belly, "about what would happen if Takumi changed his mind about wanting us."

"Takumi won't change his mind," he said reassuringly.

She blushed again as she explained, "Well, I don't think so anymore, but I barely knew him at first." Then she added, "But any child you claim would have much more than just a temporary home, even if you only live to be 80."

"I think I'm too wrapped up in music to make sure a child felt loved," Ryuske admitted ruefully.

Eri pondered for a moment and then suggested, "There's no reason you'd have to choose a child at random, I'm sure there are older ones that love music like you do." Her blush deepened as she protested, "I'm not trying to tell you that you should or anything, only that you could if you really wanted to."

He kissed her cheek suddenly and told her, "And now I'm even more envious of Takumi. Take care of that brat please." Eri blushed and nodded, and he leaned in and whispered, "And if he ever stupidly let's go of you, you can run to me."

Eri gasped, and he winked at her.

2