Chapter 1: Death
307 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kan-Celeste, also known as home to the World Royals. In the past it was a thriving capital with a population of 14 million. A large population with many different creatures called this place home.  It had held itself in the air using magic as gracefully as a phoenix for centuries.

 

Or, at least that’s how it used to be. If one looked at the city right now, they would see the streets which once used to be full of life and joy now filled with standing rotten corpses holding swords and wearing armour, in other words, Undead.

Not one living being still dared to roam the streets with this army guarding them.

 

A large translucent dome covered the whole city as projectiles shot at it, leaving only ripples where it had been.

 

If one looked out from inside of the city, they would see a myriad of colours all slamming against the dome.

 

At the center of the city stood a magnificent castle with 7 pure white pillars surrounding it each one carved with different symbols and images.

 

Deep within the castle, sat a man on a throne with red eyes, long pure white hair and lavish purple clothes wearing a calm expression as he looked towards the 3 people kneeling before him.

 

A tall man with a holy appearance and angelic wings raised his head slightly and spoke in a soft voice, “Your Majesty, the City Barrier can only hold for another hour and 20 minutes.”

 

The 2 others in the room shook slightly at this piece of information. A bulky man with thick armour and almost obvious mane growled as he spoke, “Your Majesty! I, Aris kan Leonos, request that you let me lead the remaining forces and try to break out of this siege with you!”

 

“Don’t be a fool Aris, if that could be done, His Majesty would have already done it… Nonetheless, if there is even a slight chance of that happening, I, the loyal servant of His Majesty, Emelia kan Zukas, request that I be sent to the field first!” A small woman with red eyes and an old looking red dress chuckled lightly before becoming serious.

 

The man on the throne closed his eyes for a couple of seconds before re-opening them, the 3 people kneeling suddenly felt the pressure increase drastically as they grew excited.

 

“Azrael, how many of my citizens are still alive?” He stood up slowly as he asked.

 

“According to the Life Census, there are still 3 million people in their homes.” 

 

“I see.. Rise, come with me.” The man revealed a sad expression as he walked to the door leading out.

 

They walked all the way to the front of the castle as the Undead army moved to give way.

 

Letting out a sigh, the man began to release a holy aura as wings sprouted from his back, giving him an extremely angelic look.

 

He flapped them as he went into the air, looking around the city which once had been so lively. 

 

He closed his eyes for a minute before slowly opening them.

 

“My people, my dear, dear people. Citizens of Kan-Celeste, no.. Citizens of Kanas leave your homes and see me directly, for I wish to give you all hope, and in return, wish you could give it to me too.” His voice which was infused with holiness and charm spread across the city as people left their homes and kneeled as soon as they could see him.

 

He waited until everyone had left their homes and spoke. “My people, I, 5th Emperor of Kanas, Raulas Justinas Kera kan Kanas, swore to bring prosperity and stability to this land. In that I have failed, but I can no longer witness this massacre. We have lost our lands, our countrymen and our loved ones. In this case, I have decided to use an ancient spell long gone from this world.”

 

“This spell is extremely dangerous and I would like for everyone to be prepared for the worst. I hope you can all support me in this as there is no other choice, not doing it would mean certain death, while using it means we have a small chance.” He bowed deeply in every direction that people were looking at him.

 

Soon after his last words were spoken, voices of support and cheering were heard from a district made for avians. Another round of cheers rose from a human district until the whole city was filled with cheers.

 

“Thank you all. I sincerely hope we can all get through this together!” He bowed once more as he made his way to a tower nearly piercing the dome.

 

As he neared it, he saw a couple of figures, one looked like a human yet he had no skin and only his bones were exposed, and the other was a man with a lower body like a snake.

 

“Your Majesty, everything is ready, we are only waiting for your command.” The man with no skin, an Elder Lich, spoke.

 

“Very good. Let’s do this.” Raulas nodded as he retracted his wings and walked into the building.

 

Walking step by step up the stairs to the top of the tower, his mind thought of everything that had happened.

 

He had gotten reports of large portals randomly opening up, yet for years, nothing had happened, nothing came over. 

 

After a couple of years of building around the portals and stationing armies at them, they tried to send in a beastman eagle scout, but the scout never came back. In his place came back humans. Large armies of humans all equipped with swords and random weapons. He had lost many of his trusted subordinates until he was only left with those 3.

 

Though they had expected an invasion, as a country that ruled the whole planet for millennia now and had grown soft, they were massively unprepared. They fought for nearly a century, up until this point. They were forced to activate an ancient magic that had not been used since the country was formed. Even now, this is the only chance they have because the invading humans somehow could isolate the magic used by him.

 

While the country was being invaded, he had searched through records and seemed to have found the answer. Kan-Celeste was being chased. From one world to another, the previous 4 emperors had faced the same thing it seemed and now it was his, the 5th emperor's turn.

 

“Your Majesty.” A voice interrupted his thought as he entered a small room at the top of the tower.

 

“Leave this to me, you may all leave. May our ancestors give us strength.” He let out a slight smile as he walked to the middle of the room where a formation had been carved into the ground and sat down.

 

Bowing with great respect, they slowly closed the door and waited for success.

 

Well then.. Let’s hope this works…

11