Chapter 6: Talk
104 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Karlen felt as if lightning had struck him. His head began to hurt as he trembled.

 

In his mind flashed images of men being struck down by swords. A battle of devils and angels, and of countless men charging at him. 

 

Just as an imaginary man was about to slash him, he was sent flying along with the rest of the men. 

 

“Get him! He’s Raulas!” One of the men shouted as he got cut into two. Karlen recognized the language and felt startled.

 

The image then shifted to that of the tower in the middle of Kan-Celeste where Raulas sat in the middle of a rune formation as he transported the entire city. Light enveloped Karlen, waking him.

 

“Karlen! Karlen! Wake up! C’mon little buddy, you’re too young to die. What did you do to Karlen!?” Bayer glared at Raulas as he held the collapsed Karlen.

 

Raulas put his finger to his mouth as if to quiet down a child.

 

Bayer saw this and felt provoked and was about to shout again but he felt Karlen pull him.

 

“It’s alright Bayer.. I.. I think he did something.. With my memories? I feel like I should be able to understand them now.” Karlen appeased Bayer when he saw that Karlen didn’t seem to be in pain anymore.

 

“Indeed. What an interesting world you have Sirs Karlen den Fenke and Bayer Vayez. Though I would propose for you to join me, I assume that right now would not be a great time would it?” Bayer stared in disbelief at the man who just a second ago seemed like the most holy of gods now turned into the most foul demon.

 

“Wait.. den Fenke? You’re a noble?” Bayer felt another shock go through him.

 

“Ehh.. Now isn’t the time Bayer..” Karlen awkwardly smiled.

 

“Hmm.. Is this the language spoken throughout the world or only.. What is it, ah, yes, Einzalts?” Raulas asked as he returned to his throne.

 

“Ahm, the western world speaks this language, the West Common. The east speaks the Jinali Common. As of the current year, 661, we’ve discovered most of the world, apart from some secluded islands and the like, so most people speak either West Common or Jinali Common. Of course there are the languages that originated in a country, but those are considered secondary languages.” Karlen chattered away as Raulas stored this information.

 

As he finished, he put on a serious face and bowed to Raulas. “Your Majesty.. I seem to have gained some of your memories too. I’ve seen some of the struggle you’ve been under and that you’re a compassionate and merciful leader, please, accept me!”

 

“What are you talking about Karlen?” Bayer tried to pat Karlen, but he shoved it off.

 

“Trust me, from the memories I’ve gained, it’s much better that we obey and be loyal to him than to our country. We might even be able to stop a massacre!” Karlen whispered with a rough voice.

 

“I see.” Raulas nodded, “Take some time to think about it, Stefani, lead them to their rooms.”

 

“Yes...” Karlen reluctantly agreed and followed the maid, Stefani, along with Bayer.

 

Watching as the trio left the room, Raulas looked towards Emelia for her to continue her report.

 

“Yes! Well, uh... That was it...” Emelia rubbed her hands together.

 

“Ah... right, yes.” He looked towards Azrael.

 

Azrael let out a slight smile, “Your Majesty, I suggest that we dispatch the Demon Garrison with their ability to summon undead to take over that fort. We should also bring along that human, Karlen.”

 

“Hey! We should at least be honourable and send out a diplomat to formally declare war.” Aris chuckled as he took hold of Azrael and patted his back with some force.

 

“Yay, war! I can’t wait for some fresh food, I haven’t eaten ever since you forced us to be here!” Emelia jumped up and down in excitement.

 

“Well, Emelia, take Karlen with you to that place. Be careful at all times, though we haven’t seen any trace of magic yet, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.” Raulas stood up with a burst of surprising force, giving a shock to the trio.

 

“Let’s go.” He smiled as he fixed his clothes and looked at each of them.

4