Chapter 10: Divine (2)
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Benjamin took a step forward and took a deep breath before shouting, “Divine Envoy! For what reason would a Supreme God need a fort from us mortals? To personally send His divine cavalry, this is a great honour for us!” 

 

Benjamin observed this cavalry that seemed to be standing on the air. Every single man that sat atop the horses seemed to radiate a black aura as space distorted and flickered. It looked as if a black hole had appeared in the air and was sucking all the light into it.

 

The Divine Envoy who spoke didn’t seem to be the leader as he sat behind the largest horseman, discussing some things that Benjamin couldn’t hear.

 

After a couple of moments, the Divine Envoy once again turned to the soldiers and was ready to speak.

 

“Our Lord wishes to place down roots in this material realm and for that, he requires this land. Our Lord is benevolent and is giving you a chance to surrender the fort and the surrounding land.” When he finished speaking, the cavalry tensed, ready to charge at a single misspoken word.

 

“But, if you decide that you no longer wish to live.. Hehe.. Prepare to face the wrath of our Lord!” Karlen let out a chuckle as he sat back down and relaxed, staring at Benjamin.

 

A grimace flashed across Benjamin's old face as he lowered his head to think.

 

Just as Karlen was about to threaten him once more, Benjamin raised his head.

 

“Would it be possible for.. Us to stay here? Divine Envoys may not know this, but.. Jusla has decided to abandon us.” A pained expression appeared on the officers’ faces as the 200 people behind them got thrown into an uproar.

 

“Abandoned?”

 

“Yes. When we first noticed you, we thought you were planes, and thus asked for reinforcements, but unfortunately, we got denied, and were even told to take down as many as possible before we got killed.” Hatred and disappointment lined his voice as he spoke.

 

As Karlen relayed his words to Mogus, shock appeared on his face below his helmet.

 

“Understood, tell them all to stand down and hand over all their weapons. In addition, place them all in the same place. We’ll begin conversion as soon as Kan-Celeste appears." Mogus waved his spear as the Hellflames began descending.

 

Reverence appeared on all the people in the fort as they moved to allow for more landing space.

 

“Raise the flags!” Mogus pointed his spear at the Jusla flags sticking on the tops and sides of buildings.

 

The tip of his spear began glowing deep red as flames shot out in different directions, burning the Jusla flags to dust.

 

“For the Empire!” The demons shouted as they dismounted and respectfully took out packages from their Hellflames.

 

Jumping up to where the Jusla flags previously were, they unfurled the flag of Kanas.

 

A deep violet field displaying a scarlet phoenix on top, separated by a black sword in the middle from a golden four-legged dragon on the bottom.

 

 

“Your Highness, we’re nearly out of power. We need to land urgently. The shields are at 9% and we’re expected to lose them in 5 hours.  Moreover, the Magic Engines are all shut down to maintain energy for movement, we’re slowly losing altitude, we expect that the Floatation Stones should be able to just barely be able to keep us at 10 meters above water.” Azrael kneeled on one leg as he calmly reported.

 

Normally, Kan-Celeste floated high in the sky, just above 30 kilometers, with the usually invisible shield keeping the air within and protecting the population.

 

“In addition.. We don’t have much food in storage left, we really must land soon. We can only hope that we can gain the land without much of a fight.” Azrael sighed as he stood up.

 

“I see..” Raulas rapped his finger on his dark golden throne.

 

“Reporting!” A human wearing bright blue robes entered as he kneeled next to Azrael.

 

“Garrison Lord Mogus has sent word that the operation was completed successfully and without incident.” As the human spoke, the entire room seemed to brighten.

 

“Excellent! Mogus definitely killed all of them haha!” Aris’ laugh resounded as he shouted.

 

“Only someone like you would be this bloodthirsty! Humph!” Emelia glared at Aris.

 

“Hey, hey, what’s the problem with that? You’re the same, you’re just too shy!” Aris roughly messed up Emelias hair.

 

“Ahem..” Azrael coughed lightly as he bowed to Raulas, “Your Highness, I suggest we immediately go to Mogus and proceed with recharge.”  

 

“Indeed, we’ll be moving right now, inform the city and prepare.” Raulas waved his hand as he stood up and walked out of the throne room to his bedroom.

 

Walking to a balcony, he stared at the small people who looked like ants. Seeing them slowly disperse and return to their homes, he nodded to himself.

 

Walking over to his bed, he slowly laid down.

 

After a couple of minutes, threads of golden light began flying through the ground and deep into the landmass.

 

As the light gathered in the center, they started forming golden runes as they started revolving. If one looked from outside, they would see the runes growing more and more visible as they flowed out and attached themselves to the outside of the landmass.

 

The ground began to tremble as everyone felt a shock, yet despite that, there seemed to be no panic within the city. Green light covered every building, keeping everything inside in its place.

 

Soon, Kan-Celeste slowly, but gradually began moving northwest.

Got a bit too lazy, but I've still been writing, just haven't been posting, so I've got some chappies in storage now at least.

2