8. A surprising lecture
2k 4 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking down on the green creature as he opens his eyes I try to activate my charm skill and say “Stay calm”.

 

Immediately the goblin leaps to his feet and seems and tries to tackle me. “Knock it off!” Evelyn says to my side.

 

“Why does the charm work when you do it?” I said after I calmed down from the attempted attack. “ Because he didn’t understand you. Please take us to your village.” 

 

“ What do you mean he doesn’t understand me. The other goblin that I used it on did.” I said as we began walking behind the goblin. Evelyn sighed as if explaining things was a hassle.

 

“ I think you're fundamentally miss understanding how charm works. Charm works by increasing a person sex appeal for a target till there brain turns to mush and they become prone to doing what you say it not a mind control skill. When you used it on the goblin earlier it caused the goblin to stop because he was confused by his sudden attraction to you not because you were controlling him.” 

 

“ Oh then how come you can talk to them?” 

 

“ Because I am using mind magic to automatically translate my words to them first.” 

 

She said matter of factly. I didn’t think that Evelyn would be the type that could give lectures. As we followed the charmed goblin back to its home Evelyn continued to lecture me on the nature of charms and mind magic.

 

Meanwhile

 

“ GAOOOOOO!!!” The large bear roared in rage. Tiki wonders if she went too far in murdering it’s children. The bear clawed and she clawed it back with both of them  took damage.

 

“ Damn I'm out of mana. To be honest I'm in a bad position now. Looks like I'm going to have to behave dishonorably right now.” Activating her charm ability the bear looks momentarily confused and she takes the opportunity for a cheap shot to its neck. After that it was only a matter of waiting for the bear to bleed out in front of her. With it’s death she once more feel the sensation of leveling up.

 

“ Ok I’m now glad that I came alone.” Tiki commented to herself as she headed back home to the dungeon. But at least I managed to level up a couple more times.

52