9. goblin village
1.9k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time we had arrived at our destination. Located at a curve in the river was a small village of mud and wood huts. I observed a constant stream of goblins bussing around the village as Evelyn dealt with our guide. The charm hadn’t been as effective as I liked and multiple times the goblin had broken free of our control and had to be put back under again. 

 

After some time Evelyn approached me from behind. “ So what do you think. Can you pull it off?” She thinks for a moment. “ Two problems, one is that I can’t pull this many creatures under my control with my current level of magic, and two my charm only lasts for a few minutes and once they get back to normal they just become hostile again.” 

 

Honestly speaking I kind of figured something like that would be the case. “ Alright we have a good idea of the village location. Let's head back down the river to the dungeon and meet up with tiki to discuss what to do next.” 

 

With that we retreated a few paces back into the forest away from the village before doubling back towards the river. Following the flow back up to the source we managed to reach the dungeon almost without incident. Mid way back on the journey we ran into a wild boar but were able to deal with it with a combination of charm and my club. I had considered skinning it and bringing it back with us but I had neither a knife nor the knowledge of how to skin an animal so I left it there.

 

Arriving back at the dungeon we find a slightly injured evelin waiting for us. After spending some dungeon points for a potion to heal her I asked for a report. “ I managed to level up twice since I went on my mission.” “Oh and what kind of monsters did you face?”  “Mostly wolves and bears.” 

 

After that we recap what happened on our end of the mission before discussing plans to proceed with the goblin village. “ Can’t your mind magic do something whore? It’s the only thing you're good for.” “ No but perhaps you can cow them with your brute strength it’s the only thing you're good for.” After a couple hours of back and forth the argument had basically broken down to the two of them fighting.  

 

“Enough!” Having come to a decision I get the two girls to calm down. “ The plan going forward is for the three of us to level up our abilities and stockpile DP. When all three of us have reached level ten we will summon a force to take control of goblin village. In the meantime, we will further explore our abilities and develop methods to control the goblins after we have conquered them. As a reminder we are trying to gain a renewable resource not exterminate pest.”

48