10. My first battle wound
1.6k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After making that decision yesterday I am currently traveling with Tiki today. We are currently looking for spots to grind. Meanwhile Evelyn was practicing her mind magic to try and improve it. “ Alright let's stop right here.” Tiki said, turning to me.

 

“Yes.” I said as we stopped for a break.

 “What sort of combat skills do you have?” She asked. “None what’s so ever.” 

“None?” 

 “ Well not none but none of my current skills have combat applications.”

 “So what's your plan then?” 

“ Well my goal is to level and hope that I gain new skills as a result like you did.”

 “ No I mean how do you intend to fight?” 

“ Well I was planning to have you lead me to some weaker creatures and we would isolate one of them so I could take one at a time. In case either of us get hurt I could use this stock of healing potion I bought.” I pulled one of them out of a recently bought bag and waved it at her. “Oh okay”  she said as we returned to silence.

 

It was a few more minutes before we had found a small group of wolves that we could reasonably fight. There were four of them. “ Take out two of them and restrain the one using magic so you can fight the survivors one at a time.” “Got it.” At that signal Tiki produced two wind blades that quickly dispatched their respective wolves before trapping the other one in a bubble with water magic. While that was going on I rushed the last one

 

I was a second to slow with my attack and it dodged. It quickly turned to flee when a quick water shot from Tiki dissuaded it of that option. Turning around to face me just as I was taking another shot with my club I missed yet again and it shot forward to bite my leg. Pain shot up my left leg as it locked its jaws in. This provided me the perfect opportunity to hit it with my club. After the second hit it let go of my leg. The third and it tried to limp away. The fourth and a lot of red stuff was on my club. The fifth and the wolf stopped moving. 

 

Just as I was finishing the first wolf off I heard a pop sound and rapidly turned to face the imprisoned wolf when a shot of pain from my left leg caused me to flinch. When I recovered I saw Tiki smack the wolf into the ground with her tail. Limping over I saw the now crippled wolf lying in agony on the ground. Honestly it was enough to make me feel sad for it. Nevertheless I raised my now blooded club over my head and proceeded to bash it skull in.  

 

After delivering the final blow I felt a slight rush through my body as a tingling sensation rocked me. “ I think I leveled up.” I said as I took a brief step towards Tiki before pain shot through my leg much worse than before. Nearly falling Tiki ease me on the ground before retrieving a healing potion. Tasting the bitter taste in my mouth I grimaced but diligently swallowed enough to heal my leg. “ Okay let's rest for an hour and then look for another group of enemies.” I said looking at Tiki. She did not look happy. 

43