11. Employee disrespect
1.6k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ Master, I believe it’s time we return to the dungeon.”  Tiki looked at me with a stern expression. 

 

“ Why would we do that.” I answered. “ Because you have already been injured despite only fighting wolves.” 

 

A little irritated at the implications of how she phrased that I replied. “ I have already treated that injury. There is no reason to let that slow me down. We are pressing on.” 

 

I then got up and moved to head deeper into the forest. At that Tiki sighed and caught my arm.

 “ Master, I believe your combat skills are insufficient to participate in combat.”

 “ That's why I am out here in the first place.  To get combat skills.”

 “ Leveling up is not the way you learn how to fight.”

 “ Oh and what do you propose I do instead?” 

“ Combat training, That way you won't struggle to kill a single wolf.” By now I was pretty irritated so I decided to end the discussion but before I could she said.

 “ We should get Evelyn's opinion on this.” Before she turned right around and started slithering back to the dungeon.

 

Honestly I was kind of surprised by her blatant disobedience. Personally I pegged Evelyn to be the most troublesome person but I might be wrong. “ Are you coming?” Tiki asked from a distance away before continuing on. I briefly considered pursuing my objective without Tiki but then remember the previous fight I had. Realizing how much of a bad idea that is I reluctantly follow after Tiki.

 

After an uneventful return to the dungeon we found Evelyn playing with animals. She was making a wide variety of rodents and birds do tricks for her; she also looked bored outside of her mind. 

 

“You guys are back early.” She said looking up at us.

“ Tiki thinks I can’t handle fighting so she wants me to train more.” I said with a little less dignity then I meant. 

“ Well you do suck at fight Boss.” Evelyn said with a laugh. “ Hell even I could beat you.”

 

That was the last straw. “ Meet me in the sacrifice room in fifteen minutes.” I said as I headed to the door of the dungeon. 

 

“ Uh why.” She asked realizing at last that she struck a nerve.

“Were going to put your claim to the test.”

45