Chapter 13. Anticlimactic Results
1.8k 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I immediately rushed forward. I figured that my best shot for victory was to rush her down from the start before she had a chance to prepare herself. To be honest I didn’t think she’d flip me like that. I think that as I am lying on my back out of the ring.

 

“ I hope I didn’t hurt you too bad just now.”  Evelyn said with the same smug grin I was beginning to understand was her default expression.

 

At that Tiki rushed over to me while I rubbed the back of my head. It seemed that I was bleeding back there. After giving me a quick swag of a healing potion Tiki shot Evelyn a murderous glare.

 

“Well I won, So what’s my punishment?” Evelyn said to me as I got fully to my feet. It was obvious at this point that she was testing me. So I decided to give her a fitting punishment. 

 

“ Tonight and every other night for the next month you will head out from sunset to sunrise to grind levels.” I told her while trying to suppress all emotion on my face.

 

“Eh.” She said confused. She was probably expecting a different punishment but this is what came up with.

 

“ Also during this time you won't be allowed into the command room so I have so blankets and pillows  prepared for you by sunrise.” I said while looking her straight in the eye. “ Well get going.”

 

We maintained an awkward stare down for a few moments before Evelyn sighed in disappointment and walked out of the dungeon. 

 

“She seems to have taken that surprisingly well.” Tiki said after Evelyn had left. 

 

“ Oh that reminds me. Since you think I can’t take care of myself you get to spend the next month on guard duty outside the dungeon in addition to your other tasks during the day.” I told Tiki before heading through the secret door at the back of the sacrifice room. Before it closed I heard a quiet “yes master” behind me.

 

~ Another location~

“ Angie can you hear this message if so this Marvin I too have reincarnated as a dungeon master please respond by speaking aloud.” 

 

“ Hello Marvin can you hear me? This is Angie.” 

 

“Okay I contacted everyone but Terry did you confirm that he was reincarnated too.”

 

“ No we waited a few moments but it looks like he was dead for too long.”

“ Damn. Okay look I think I can set up a meeting place for us so we can trade resources and try to figure out what is going on. I should have it ready by the meeting in a few months.”

 

“Such a reliable DM. Even after death you get the group together again.”

 

“Yeah this will be a renewal of the order of the open palm.”

33