16. Tiki’s insecurities.
1.1k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So basically you want to replace Tiki with the bears.” Evelyn said with a barely concealed smirk on her face. “I never said that. I just think having them around would be useful. After All Tiki can’t be everywhere at once. So having the extra muscle will be useful during training.” I replied 

 

Basically what I want to do was incorporate the stone bear clubs into are forces on a more permanent basis as both sparring partners for me and personal guards during the time Tiki wasn’t around.

 

“There is no need for excuses, boss. I mean after Tiki failed to protect from that wolf attack it’s only natural for you to lose some faith in her.” Evelyn said, twisting the knife into the already silent Tiki more. “ Stop making it sound worse than it already is.” I warn her already getting annoyed at her tendency to provoke people. “ So you are saying it’s already bad.” She shot back as she twisted my words. “Look, can you keep them docile until I collect enough DP or can you not do it.”

 

“ Keep them docile, yes, Have them fight, Not yet.” Evelyn replied. “ Well that will be the next step of your training then.” “Okay boss!” 

 

“As for you Tiki.” I said to Tiki who looked obviously downtrodden. “ Yes master.” Tiki said while looking down. “ Just keep such a forest for stronger enemies. I have a feeling that in time we are going to need you to be as strong as you are able to be.” I told her. “Of course master.” Tiki replied as she slithered off.

 

~A few days later~ 

 

Tiki was slithering through the forest again that day. She was only nominally involved in her master training now. Really only there for the beginning and to observe the sparring match between Terri and the rock bear cubs Stone and pebble. Otherwise she would be wandering this blasted forest looking for monsters to kill.

 

“If only I had paid attention to that feeling I had early.” She was talking to herself about the feeling she had early about the wolf attack. “ I literally sensed when it happened. I could have…” 

 

At that second I a large man sized quadruped lizard appeared and hissed at her. “ I just need to train my danger sense so that it doesn't happen again.” Tiki said to herself as she closed her eyes to the threat that the Dire lizard posed.

 

Just as the lizard rushed forward to bite her she glided out of the way. Following that it turned around to claw at her but again she glided out of the way. Following her dodge she performed a devastating tail slap launching the poor reptile into a tree.

 

Hearing the thud Tiki slithered over to the fallen reptile with her eyes still closed. Hurt and seeing such a dangerous opponent coming closer the lizard lashed out with a tail slap of its own. Getting hit for the first time in the fight Tiki’s eyes snapped open and she lashed out with a water breath that smashed the lizard into the tree with enough force to collapse on it. As Tiki coldly looked on at the spazzing soon to be dead thing in front of her she only had one thing on her mind.

 

“Dammit I need to practice that more.”

24