19. Goblin Subversion
922 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on my throne flanked on both side by the twins and feeling like a proper supervillain

 

“ So you can’t do it after all.” Tiki said indignantly from the corner.

 

 “ I didn’t say that.” Evelyn countered. “ I said it was hard to control the sapient creatures so I need to use a work-around.”

 

 “How are those brutes sapient?” Tiki asked.

 

“Tiki stop interrupting.” I stop her before she completely derails this conversation. “Evelyn, how do you plan to work around this if sapient's are hard to control?” 

 

“ I think I have identified the leader of this tribe of goblins. If it's just one goblin then I could manage and then using that goblin we can lower the bar.” Evelyn explains.

 

“Lower the bar?” Me and Tiki said at the same time.

 

“ Right, we need to make them lower their mental guard. After that the subordinates you’ll summon and I should be able to do the rest.” She said, with a renewed look of confidence. 

 

“ Bitch, Why should Master have to help you out with your job?” Tiki cursed.

 

“ What, it's a multiple person job.” Tiki shrugged. “ Besides, unlike you I prefer to tell boss when I need help instead of letting him find out about it like you did.” 

 

“ Why you!” Tiki was about to start.

 

“ That’s enough, both of you!” and I shut her down. “ I had already told her that I was going to be summoning support for her so it was reasonable to expect it.”

 

“ There, He agrees with me.” Evelyn started to rub it in.

 

“ Evelyn!” and I shut her down too. “ I have a question.

 

“ Yes boss.” She looks at me. “Why don’t you use the domination or charm magic that you just got?”

 

“ Because they don’t last long enough.” She visibly relaxes as she answers. I wonder what she thought I was going to ask.

 

“ Can you elaborate?” I ask out of curiosity.

 

“ Well both domination and charm only last for a limited time before returning the mind of the user to its original condition. If we use those then we would have to refresh it on a regular basis. That just not practical over the long term. But instead if we get them to lower their mental guard  that should open them up to being mentality adjusted overtime. This should gain us true loyalty.” She monologues to us.

 

“ Alright and brainwashing this “leader” shall give you this opening.” I ask to clarify.

 

“Yes Boss.” She answered, having calmed down. 

 

“Then go.” I said dramatically. 

 

At that she turns and leaves the room and I return to slouching ominously on my throne, Full of self satisfaction on my own supervillainy.

 

~ In the Goblin tribe ~

 

“ Hail Zor! Hail Zor! Greatest Hunter in all the land!” Gobox cheered for me. He was always like that when we had success on hunts.

 

This time it was a cave bear. An adult Cave bear! Normally even the cubs would be enough to kill many great hunters but this day Zor’s group took down an adult. Normally that would be enough to fill his chest with pride.

 

“ There are three more missing.” The chief mumbled under his breath.

 

For the past moon cycle many more hunter’s have died on their hunts than normal. Not to mention the abundance of sightings of strange walking creatures call to mind a new dangerous creature moving into the area.

 

“Zor” Mel said as she approached me with fermented berries in hand. She, like many women in the tribe, was trying to curry favor with him as the next chief. He considered turning her away for there were more important matters to consider before he saw the swaying of her hips while she waited for his answer.

 

“ What one night of enjoyment before dealing with serious matters.” Zor said to himself unaware that this was the night his life would be changed forever.

Sorry for the late upload, I just forgot. I should upload on time on Monday

26