21. A report
750 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ So it is all going well.” I summarize what Tiki told me in much shorter words.

 

“ According to her it is.” Tiki scoffed. It seems all is going to plan. Soon I’ll have a renewable Dp source and can build a strong base of operations. Hopefully in the upcoming meeting that voice told me I’ll get an answer about what’s going on. But before then I’ll do some employee maintenance. 

 

“ Okay, what's wrong.” I asked Tiki. “ What do you mean master?” Tiki flinched as I asked that. 


“You’ve been in a foul mood since a while ago. Come tell me. If you have a problem I’ll listen.” I implore her. Honestly it can be argued that her foul mood dates back to Tiki introduction but lately it has gotten so much deeper than that.

 

After thinking over the question for a bit, Tiki seemed to finally settle on an answer for me. “ How come Evelyn get’s subordinates and I don’t ?”

 

“ What’s so weird about that?” Tiki asked. I was so shocked by the childishness of the remark that it apparently showed on my face. “ Well honestly it’s actually a quirk of your designation as my bodyguard.”

 

“ My designation?” She asked quizzically. “ Yeah you see the castle works is that when I summon a boss I also summon an area for them to inhabit. This area then comes with a selection of minion races I can summon in bulk. Then the minion races are put under the authority of the boss monster as a second in command to myself. However as my Bodyguard boss you didn’t come with an area so I can’t summon a minion race for you.

 

“ So basically I can’t have minions because I am special?” Tiki looked at me with a complicated expression. “ Both yes and no.” I answer vaguely. “ While it’s true I can’t summon minions for you but as my bodyguard you can order around all minions in the castle as my second in command and as long as either your orders don’t contradict their bosses or you're speaking on my behalf they will listen to you.”

 

“ Oh I see.” Tiki said, Still bearing a look of disappointment. “Well I’ll get you subordinates soon enough so don’t worry about what I said raising from my throne.

 

“Really?” Tiki asked excitedly. Since when was she such a little kid? “ Yes really though I was surprised that you didn’t already know that considering how the dungeon grants you information.”

 

“ The dungeon only grants information about you and the role we play in it. It doesn’t tell us about it’s inner workings.” Tiki answered my question.

 

~After sometime~

 

Night has fallen on the village of goblins and with it the goblins eat their nightly meal. Unlike the previous night there is no great feast for Zor nor are there any girls coming to sleep with him. He has thoroughly made a fool of himself and now he is alone with no one by his side except those oldest members of his hunting group.

 

“ Cheer up Zor. Soon then the tribe will forget about this little blunder.” Gobox tried to cheer him up. “ I mean who hasn’t had excessively vivid dreams.”

 

“ It wasn’t a dream.” Zor mumbled under his breath. After the whole day of people trying to convince him that what happened was just a dream Zor still believed in his vision though he had gotten tired of talking about it.

 

“ That’s not the point.” Gobox replied having heard Zor grumblings. “ The point is that this is all going to blow over soon anyway. You just need to hunt some big game again and the villages will be eating out of the palm of your hand again just you wait. Tell him Bors!” 

 

“ That might be harder than you think.” Bors answered Gobox. “ Bors said. “ Bors!! I am trying to encourage him. Don't bring him down lower.”  Gobox said, getting annoyed.

 

“ I am just saying lately all the big games have been getting slaughtered left and right. We might not have any good hunts left to repair our reputations with.” Bors said, lowering his head.

 

“ And if we are to believe your visions, this is the work of your god right?” said Mii the shaman of their group though only an apprentice many times Zor group have found her guidance indispensable. 

 

“Oh don’t tell me you also believe in this god nonsense to Mii.” Gobox said exasperated, he was always a loud mouth so all the nearby goblins turned at that outburst.

 

“ Shut up, Gobox!! I am not saying I believe in anything!”  She practically yelled. After seeing all the other goblins turned back to their meals she continued. “ I am just saying as a shaman I just know the significance of dreams is all. They can teach us about the world, more than we can ever figure out on our own.”

 

“ And what does my dream tell you, Mii.” Zor spoke up for the first time tonight. “ What does my dream tell us about the world?”

 

“ Describe it to me again?” Mii asked unaware that she and the others were being watched by somethings outside of the village.

 

“ Those three Big Sis.” “ Yes they'll do quite nicely, but I’ll take care of the spell caster.”

21