22. Religious strife.
687 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That night Zor saw another dream with a beautiful woman prophesying about a greater being and warning him about the coming calamity if he didn’t act. It wasn’t as impactful as the previous dream but it didn’t have to be.

 

So once again Zor committed himself to spreading this warning around only to be in for a surprise. “ You two saw the dream too.” Zor addressed Gobox and Bors.

 

“ Yeah it happened exactly as you said. A woman who was beautiful despite not being a goblin appeared in my dream last night and demanded submission or calamity would befall the village. It was freaky!” Gobox said in his usually loud voice naturally attracting attention.

 

“ While I hate to agree with this loud mouth, it's a fact that I have also experienced the dreams now. I can’t help but worry about the state of my mind after this.” Bors said as he casually shut up Gobox. “ So what do we do now.”

 

Zor thought to himself for a bit. Yesterday he got excited by the dream and rushed out telling everyone about it making a damn fool out of himself now he was going to play it more cautiously. “ First let's discuss this with the chief shaman. Now that all three of us had the dream it won't be so easy to dismiss it as nonsense.” Zor addressed his group along with anyone who happened to be listening. “ Where’s Mii by the way. I want to hear her opinion as well.”

 

“ That's because Mii had the same dream as us and started to spout that same stuff about it being a god so her father had her kept in his hut!” Gobox once again said for all to hear.

 

“What!!! Let’s go!” Zor bellowed before rushing off. At his command not only did Gobox and Bors rise to follow him but the rest of his hunting party, the feast bringers, followed suit. Soon the entire hunting party was assembled outside the chief shaman’s house.

 

“ Uncle!! Come out! There is much to discuss!” Calling out to the chief shaman, Zor arrived on the scene first. By the time he had appeared before him at his door the rest of the hunting party had arrived.

 

“ Uncle, where is Mii? There is much to discuss between the three of us.” Zor said having calmed down enough to try diplomacy. 

 

“ Why should I discuss anything with you so you could poison my mind with talk of false gods?” The shaman spat at him with that line. The feast bringers rose at such blatant provocation, even if the boss had started talking crazy yesterday Zor was still their leader and they all had great respect for him.

 

Zor raised his hand and signaled for his men to stop. Once clamor had settled down he addressed the shaman yet again. “ Shaman, I have only reported what I saw and felt. I lack the power to give your daughter dreams.”

 

“So what am I supposed to believe? That your false god is real and that he inferred on my daughter’s mind. I would have sensed it if someone had attempted to curse her, Or are doubting my abilities, Boy!” At that ball of energy appeared in the shaman hand and the hunting party drew their weapons.

 

“Dammit.” Zor thought to himself. “ If it comes down to it, there is no telling how many of us will die from his initial attack. Not to mention how many will be laid low by his dying curse.”

 

At that moment.“ Zor! Mien! Knock it off!!” Zor’s father, the village chief, walks up with the village guard with him. “ Zor go back with you men.” at his father's command Zor signaled the retreat.

 

“ Mien release your daughter.” The chief turned to the shaman. “ You can’t…” He attempted to retort. “ I said release her.” The chief repeated. At that the shaman begrudgingly went back to his hut for a few moments before Mii exited and went after the rest of the feast bringers.

 

25