29. Tiki’s Power
528 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They had been Flying through the forest for over an hour as they had started their search for the chief's hunting party. Both fortunately and unfortunately the chief's party had been searching in the wrong direction for "the dream god". This meant that they hadn’t accidentally ran into Tiki before but it also meant that it was somewhat hard to find them now that they were looking for them.

 

“ So basically he is the one wearing the fancy outfit.” Tiki said, summing up the description that Evelyn had explained to her.

 

“ Well he's not the only one in a fancy outfit but that should be enough to identify the people you have to keep alive.” Evelyn replied to her comment. 

 

“ I could have figured that out on my own though.” Tiki said under her breath unaware that Evelyn could still hear her.

 

“ He probably sent me hear with you to prevent you from making any more fuck ups.” Evelyn said with a laugh having pinpointed a sore spot for Tiki.

“ You…” Tiki was about to retort but she silenced it in her throat. The fact remains that at this moment Evelyn had accomplished more feats then her despite her being the Master's first monster. 

 

“Oh you're not going to get angry with me? Have you finally accepted that you're inferior to the great me?” Evelyn asked, as a response to Tiki's lack of a response. 

 

Thinking to herself “ If I don’t clean up my act I'm only going to fall further behind.” Tiki’s only response to Evelyn's provocation was to redouble her focus on the task at hand.

 

Perhaps because she feared that she struck a nerve Evelyn dropped the mocking tone for once and said. “ You know it's fine if you can’t do what I do right? I was summoned specifically to do the things that I did with the goblins. You were summoned to be the Boss’s greatest line of defense so it makes sense that you spend your time getting as strong as possible. It doesn't mean you're lesser than me or anything.”

 

Tiki turned around stunned at Evelyn's sudden display of insight and empathy, but just as quickly as she showed it, it was gone. “ Look there, the hunting party we've been tracking lets go. Unless you want me to steal the big moment that you have been waiting for?”

 

“Oh yeah. I am coming.”  Tiki said as she followed Evelyn to the hunting group.

 

~ Meanwhile~

 

It had been several days since the chief had been patrolling around the village at night like this. A dangerous new religious view had taken hold of the youth of his village.

 

 Rather than do as his shaman had advised him to do and exile the heretics; the goblin chief had instead opted to hunt down this false god that was corrupting the youth.

 

 There were two reasons for this decision, one was that for as many people in the village to have had such a similar dream at once was a clear sign of some form of outside influence, Second exiling the youth would naturally include his own son and he could not stand that.

 

Just as he was considering going back for the night he notices something from the front of the hunting party.

 

It was a creature similar to what was described in the dreams by the people suffering them. Next to her was what looked like a human with horns but had the lower half of a serpent. 

He quickly made the signal to prepare for battle but it was already too late. The serpent-like girl opened her mouth and a huge torrent of water was unleashed on his whole group. It was everything the chief could do just to jam his spear into the ground to prevent himself from being washed away.

 

When the flow of water stopped it was only the chief, his shaman, and his best warriors left standing. They all quickly ready themselves to fight when an unnatural sense of fear suddenly washed over them. It was like they had all realized that they were fighting a being they had no chance of winning against and while none of them had turned and fled they were all paralyzed for a moment.

 

The shaman was the first to break the paralysis and he quickly readied and shot a fireball at the snake women only for an explosion of mist to suddenly appear. Out of the mist shot a shadow as the shaman was quickly found in a neck grip by the snake women. He struggled for a bit before she dropped him unceremoniously on the ground seemingly dead.

 

At that the chief and his elite hunters all leapt into action and charged the snake women. However in an instant the chief had found himself in a similar neck grip as his shaman as the snake women dispatched the rest of his group with a single flick of her tail. The last thing he saw before passing out was the look of utter contempt on the snake woman's face.

19