34. Deciding roles
510 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“ So this pipsqueak is going to manage the village. Doesn't she seem a bit young for that job?” Evelyn with a wry smile as if finding the thought amusing.

“ I am not a pipsqueak.” was Fayetta's swift response. “ I suppose she is a bit young from the perspective of someone a month old like yourself.” was my teasing response.

Before we could continue Tiki returns to the throne room sans the twin. “Oh, is this the new recruit?”

Hearing that Fayetta responds with a new round of big sister tackling. Barely even flinching Tiki says in response. “ Who’s this little one?”

“ That is Fayetta, Tiki. Fayetta the one your hug is Tiki and the meanie over there is Evelyn.” I answered.

“ It’s nice to meet you!” Fayetta said in a good mood. “Likewise” Tiki replied before briefly reciprocating her hug and then prying her off.

“ As I was explaining before you two got her, I intend for Fayetta to help with managing the village. She’ll work with you Evelyn so be nice to her.” I told the group after they had calmed down a bit.

“Alright.” Evelyn said with a plomp. “ I don’t want to, she's a meanie.” Fayetta said as her objection. Just when I was about to say something Tiki spoke up.

“ That's not good, Fayetta. Master has given an important order much more than that your first order. You don’t want to mess up the first thing right.”

Looking at me she quietly said. “NO”

“Then you're going to have to tolerate that insufferable woman. So I am going to tell you what. If the mean woman bothers you too much you can come to me and I’ll straighten her out. Okay!” Tiki said to reassure her. Great another source of conflict between those two.

“ Alright I’ll do it!” Fayetta said cheerfully.

“ Okay if that settles it we can move on. Fayetta will use her power to steadily ramp up the village's food supply and overall population, Evelyn will manage the people themselves and how they uphold their demands, and Tiki I want you to scout out the other goblin villages in the area in preparations for taking them over.” I relay my orders for the comfort of my throne when Fayetta raises her hand up. Assuming she had a question I nod at her to speak.

“ Why are we taking over the goblin villages?” Fayetta asked. Opening my mouth to respond I stopped. Why was I doing this? When I was brought here I was told to manage the dungeon for three months and then await a meeting with that guy. Aside from setting up the dungeon everything I’ve done was up to me. So why did I do this?
“ Because I could.” I said aloud after some time having decided to lean into the pointlessness of my actions. “ It seems like an interesting way to waste time during these three months.”

“ I see..” Fayetta said as she looked like she was reading too much into it. “ What do you mean three months?” Tiki asked. “ Yeah I was wondering that too.” Evelyn chimed in. It was rare for them to agree on something like this so I decided to reward them.

“ When I was first brought to this world I was assigned a task and told to wait three months for further instructions. Having fulfilled my task I decided to take some actions on my own initiative while I wait.” I said while presenting a bored appearance.

“ I see.” was Tiki's response. “ Sounds about right.” came from Evelyn. “ Does that answer your question, Fayetta?” I asked.

“ Yes, my prince.” She answered with a satisfied look.

“ Good then let's discuss how we're going to run are newly acquired village in detail.”

20