35. The return of the chief
422 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the next morning and Zor and the goblins were debating. By then Zor had told them about his deal with the dream god and the villagers had discovered the tribe guard hunting party’s disappearance. “ What do you mean by sacrifice?” Gobox asked functionally speaking for the assembled group before him.

 

“ You heard me. Last night I was approached by the goddess those dream women talked about and made a deal with them.” Zor said, still unsure if he made the right call.

 

“ A deal!! You agreed to give them control of the village and sacrifice goblins to them!” Gobox said this was followed by murmuring of the crowd. Since this conversation was happening before the entire village there was a diversity of opinion.

 

“ How could he sell us out like that!!” Said one woman.

 

“ At least we know what those monsters want now.” Said an old timer who had the visions.

 

“ Cut the crap! You're just trying to save yourself!!” Said an overly excited youngster.

 

“ If only the village chief was here. Then we can exile this fool.” Someone cursed.

 

“ Don’t you realize that the goddess has already captured the village chief.” Some Else chastised. 

 

During this Zor closes subordinates were divided. Mii was in favor of this arrangement saying that “ At least they haven't just wiped us all out.” Gobox was against it saying “ How can you just make us their slaves. Throughout the meeting Bor had remained silent and keep his opinion to himself.

It was then that a great shout was heard at the other side of the group. “ The chief has returned !! The chief has returned!!” 

 

With this call immediately set Zor into motion. Pushing his way through the crowd he ran towards the back of the crowd. Arriving there he could not see the person who shouted such a thing and he looked around for the arrival of his father and saw coming remains of the chiefs hunting party. 

 

They looked haggard and drained like the corpse that had been found recently around the village but they were alive and stumbling toward the village. Sighting his father among them Zor rushed forward and quickly supported the old man in his new found weakness. Though he was a shell of his former self Zor still saw him as his father.

 

“ What happened to you?” Was all Zor thought to say even though he more or less already had an idea.

 

“ They came for us.” His father said with a more or less shaky voice. “ The blue destroyed us. She defeated most of us before we could even fight back. Those that did fight back were defeated effortlessly. When we came too, the pale ones got to us.” At that Zor’s father made a face that he had never seen before.

 

“ It felt good, great even. What they did to us but we couldn't stop even if we wanted to, even after we saw that it was killing us. Most of us died to the pale ones and those that survived were made to march back here.” The village chief finished his story and Zor now saw the group that came behind them.

 

First among them were the creatures from the dreams, pale of form and holding great beauty. The next was a group of small children with butterfly wings upon their backs. Then there was a woman with the horns of a deer and the lower half of a great blue snake. “ So that’s the blue one.” Zor said to himself as he looked at the last one.

 

She was female like the rest with brown hair and a large bushy tail. When the group had arrived in front of the brown haired one spoke aloud . “ I am the voice of the dream god. I speak there commands for I speak with their voice.”

21