44. A “stranger”
357 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Something was wrong with this girl.” Zor thought to himself. For one thing she was pretty, unnaturally pretty. Clean and plump in an alright place with not a single flaw on her body there is no way someone living in the village could grow up like that and not be the constant center of attention. Second, while it’s possible for a goblin to walk up on us and have some of us not notice for her to sneak up on all of us like this doesn’t make sense. Lastly the voice had originally come from above us in the trees and there is no way for that person to come down here that fast, not without breaking her legs at least.

 

“ What?” She repeated her question. 

 

“ Nothing.” Zor said after looking at his group. “ You were saying something about luring the mush dweller out of the swamp.”

 

“Yeah, Is it a bad plan?” She said, raising her eyebrow. Zor thought that was a particular response given the situation. 

 

“ No, the plan is fine.” Zor gave a curt response.

 

“ Um hello, who are you?” Gobox said with his usual lack of grace. He was trying to put up a tough image even if he could not help blushing when he looked at her.

 

“ Oh I am nobody important, So back to the luring plan do you guys even have anyone that can pull it off especially since you're planning to keep some people in reserve to protect the village.” The girl said as she casually ignored the question.

 

“ Hey bitch answer the question.” Gobox yelled.

 

“ Shut up idiot, now's not the time.” Bor said with more seriousness then he usually did.

 

“ Don’t tell me to shut up, idiot.” Failing to understand the seriousness of the situation Gobox continued with their usual route.

 

“Now is not the time for this, please be quiet.” Bors said more respectful.

 

A person with more social tack would have recognized this as a sign of how serious things have gotten. But Gobox was never one for social tack. “ And where do you get off telling me what to do?” 

 

“Shut up, Both of you!!” Zor roared at his subordinates, scaring them straight. 

 

“ Are you done yet?” The strange girl said with an aura of authority. “ So about my question?”

 

“ Yes we should be able to perform the maneuver that you proposed even with some reserved troops.” Zor said tensely. 

 

“ Good, In that case I leave you guys to it.” The girl said with a smile as if attempting to dispel the strange circumstance surrounding her appearance. She then turned and started walking in the direction of the goblin village.

 

Gobox moved to stop her, but Mii grabbed his arm to stop him and for once Gobox wasn’t belligerent. 

 

“Who was that?” Mii asked, now that the strange girl was away. 

 

“ I think I have an idea.” Zor said.

 

***

“Oof” I said after shifting back to my original form.

 

“ It was hard keeping up my poker face, but I am glad I took the time to talk to them.” I said to no one in particular as I headed back to the dungeon.

19