48. A short inspection
1.4k 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We arrived back at the goblin village not too long after we left the raid. “ Hey, can you go fetch Fayette for me?”  I asked as I rested on the ground in my original form. Honestly flying around like that is exhausting. 

 

“Sure thing boss!” Evelyn said with a chipper attitude apparently this was relaxing for her.

 

“ You sure seem in a good mood.” I said with a slight smile. 

 

“ Am I in a good mood?” She said with a somewhat confused look. She shrugged. “Must be because of the job well done.”  Before heading off into the village to get Fay.

 

Looking out over the village in the distance things still seem to be going well. The village huts have been upgraded, the field is starting to sprout already thanks to Fay’s magic, and the next generation of goblins are already about to be born.

 

From what I can understand Goblins live for about 5 years. After their birth they grow up over the course of the first year. Enter their prime for the second and third year. Begin to decline by their fourth year, and die sometime into their fifth year. Zor and the others in their group are in there second and third year.

 

While I was contemplating these facts Fayette approached me. “ My prince, I hear that the raid was a success. Congratulations!” She said as she flew over holding what looked like a bowl.

 

“Thank you but I really didn’t do much of anything.” I told her only to notice that Evelyn didn’t come back with her. “Hey what happened to Evelyn.”

 

“Oh her, She told me you wanted to see me then ran off on her own to go play with the goblins.” Fay said, somewhat annoyed.

 

“ Oh yeah she did say she wanted to join in with the goblins after the raid.” I said mostly to myself. Geez you could at least ask before you run off on your own. “Oh well I still wanted to talk to you about how you’ve been doing at this village, though I can see that you’ve been doing well.” 

 

At that Fay averted her eyes and began blushing and fidgeting. “ Y-yeah, It's been going super well, the goblins are a bit boring but they have mostly been listening to what I have to say. They even gave me this.” She said, presenting the bowl to me.

 

Taking it up in my hands I saw that it was filled with what looks like porridge. My looking at Fay prompted her to say. “ This is all they were able to make after I asked them for sweets. You can have it, my prince.” 

 

“ Alright, I'll try it.” I said as Fay smiled at me. Scooping some into my mouth with my hands I found that it tasted more or less like fruit oatmeal. “ It's good, thanks.” I said, flashing a smile. 

 

This set off another set of blushing and fidgeting pairs with her attempts to say something. Honestly. She was just too cute for me to focus on so I patted her head. At that she froze stiff and practically fell over.

No chapter this Monday because of school reasons and this Friday is going to be a Profile chapter where I will be releasing Character profiles as well as explaining certain mechanics of the setting so feel free to ask questions that you want answer and if it doesn't conflict with the story I'll answer them.

16