55.True to one’s nature
156 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How is it? She's beautiful ain't she?

Her name is Alpha."

With confidence I introduced Naomi to my creation.

"Alpha. Like in, the supreme?"

"Yes, the supreme."

"So what make you think this weapon meet the said criteria?"

"With the right wielder, this child could alter the tides of an entire battlefield."

"Yeah, but in what way? Ray, I still didn't  understand what I supposed to write."

Naomi said so while letting out a small sigh.

"Hmm... I would like to show you. But, the ability of this weapon is greatly depends on her user. With me as her wielder there is no way she will came close to even a quarter of her full potential."

"Is there anything simple that you could do to demonstrate it's rough ability? from that point I will just take a guess of it's potential."

"Are you even allowed to do that?"

"Hey, do not underestimate the ability of a merchant. Accurate information is the difference between winning and losing a fight."

"But, something simple huh.... Oh I get it! Naomi, I remember you said you're master of spearmanship right?"

"Yeah..."

"Try attacking me with your Spearmanship."

I said that without hesitation.

"Are you sure? Because I will really do it you know?"

"Yeah. Try to land a hit on me within 5 attack."

"Okay....

Are you ready?"

"Sure. Bring it on!"

"Here I go!"

And with that, Naomi started her attack.

-------------------------------

No way....

All my attack not just have been evaded. but, 3 of them is intentionally being deflected.

From my previous combat observation, I know that he is not even a decent fighter. His stance is weak and his footing full of flaw, that is solid proof that he didn't have advance training as a combatant.

His ability at best probably will only be at the level of someone who use weapon to hunt animal.

I probably could hit him within the next 10 attack if this is a real combat situation. Yet, to survive 5 consecutive blow from me who is master Spearmanship, this is beyond impressive.

There's no way he could do that with only luck. that weapon must the one who is assisting him.

No wonder that maid from Bright family was really cautious of him.

"Okay Ray, I think I get it already."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think I already got enough information. Could I take a look at it though?"

"Sure. Here, handle her with care."

A weapon that he confidently claim will be a rival to a primordial weapon.

I wonder what's its full potential will be like.

"Could I try this?"

"Sure. Why not? You want to confirm her quality Right?"

"Yeah, alright... Here I go.

Split the horizon, o heavenly bird.

Wind Eagle..!!"

It was an attack directed towards the sky.

Within split second, a gust of wind in the shape of an Eagle soar to the sky and split the clouds on it's way.

This is one of the techniques, unique to my family's school of teaching.

The gust of wind was actually pressurized air. Compressed so much that it is visible to see with naked eyes and launched with really high velocities.

With such speed, it is not impossible to cut human body in half.

Of course something as powerful as that would need high amount of focus.

But the thing is, I'm not even focusing my mind at pulling that techniques just now.

The fact that the technique activated, that must be because this weapon have some kind of assist mechanism.

This much is just like what I've predicted.

But...

"So what do you think?"

Ray ask with a casual tone while smiling.

"I think this weapon is kinda overkill..."

"Well that's not entirely true. That's probably because you are the one who wield her. Like what I said before, her ability is depends on the one who wield her. Probably you just have a really good compatibility with her."

"Really? Then what is the ability that you use previously?"

"Hmm? That just a two layers detection command code. If I'm capable enough She probably will increase it to six layers, but at that point, it probably won't be a detection command code anymore. That will be a small future sight."

Future sight? Is that even possible with six layers of detection command code? I need to keep an eye to his logic and common sense.

He probably still didn't even understand how his ability will affect things just yet.

"Wait, two layer of command code becoming six!?"

"Yes, Alpha will adapt to her user. The stronger her user, the more ability she will allow you to use."

The more ability 'she' will allow you to use? This is outrageous. 

It just as if...

As if, this weapon is alive.

Is that even possible?

"Tell me the truth. Ray... What is her true ability?"

"It finally come to this huh....? I actually didn't want to reveal this but."

"But?"

"But, if you really want to know. You need to let me meet the person who requested her creation. Sorry but, I changed my mind about our deal."

"..."

"If you let me, meet the person who requested her creation then, depending on that person I will reveal her true potential."

His gaze, for split second felt cold. 

His word is not a request nor a bargain proposal.

But It is somewhat of a threat.

"Sure. Why not? Let's do that."

I answered his 'negotiation'

"..."

"After all, nothing worth more than game changing information... Right? Aren't you gonna agree with me, Ray?"

"True to your nature huh?"

"What did you expect? I'm a contract merchant after all."

I smiled toward him.

And to my smile 

he also responded with his own smile.

This probably could become the starting point of her majesty, the Queen's plans.

There is no way I gonna just let this chance slip off.

4