60.Queen’s way
103 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The game is finally over...

After what I think was an eternity worth of time it actually only has been 2 hours.

45 losses on 2 hours.

I actually do it better than what I initially thought.

-------------------------

"So, Ray. The successor of Wilfred. Do you know why you are here right now?"

"Because there is something that I want to confirm. Your Majesty. That is the reason of why I want to meet you"

"What a coincidence, I also have been waiting for this meeting."

The room is silent. 

After all, there are only three of us here.

Yet, even if that is the case.

The presence of the Queen is what makes this room felt as if it was another world.

"I know what you think of me, Ray."

She speaks with a soft voice.

"After all, they are so obvious it's no need to hide it. right?"

"..."

She said it with a smile. Like there is no regret behind her action.

What I think of her...

When I think about the Queen.

The closest word that comes to my mind would be 'Absolute Power'.

But, from her remarks the word that she means probably closer to 'Dictator, authoritarian, or even a God'.

Something which also brings fear with her existence.

If there was another power, being asked to answer the question of 'why is this land at peace?'

9 out of 10 probably would answer, Because she exists.

A peace that is created because there is no other choice.

No one dares to challenge her. 

And so with that, what she really meant probably closer to 'there is no need to hide your intention, it is nothing uncommon for you to not trust me'

Then,

"Your Majesty, I have to know what is your intention by asking for a weapon?"

"Ray, there are so many reasons for why I ask you to create that weapon."

"..."

"You as Wilfred's successor. He chose you to help me, to build this land."

"But, why is it have to be a weapon? Is there still any need for you to have a weapon? Aren't you already achieved something unachievable?"

"Ray. Your way of thinking is still green."

"..."

"This is the letter that he-, Wilfred wrote for me. Inside this latter, there is nothing about me in here. It's all about you."

"What...?"

"As far that you know, you may think that you just an ordinary blacksmith. But, just like what this letter implied. More than me, He is concerned about you."

"..."

"Ray, tell me... How would you describe the state of this land right now?"

The land is at Peace. 

But that Peace is held together by the absolute strength of one person.

Held together by the existence of one human.

By one life span of a human.

"So, you finally realized it?"

"..."

I realize the bitter truth and towards her words, I am unable to spoke.

Then she continues.

"That is right, with no descendants, no relative, and no power equal to me to take upon the throne. This peace would only last for at least 30 more years."

"..."

"Ray, There are three promises that I and Wilfred make. And one of them is for 'him to train you' and for 'me to take the responsibility upon the Peace of this land'. 

And as for now, the biggest deciding factor toward that future, is you."

"What?! That's outrageous. There is no way that is true"

For a moment I snapped and shouted at the Queen.

Hearing about how my existence, would affect the entire kingdom.

It felt as if the burden of peace and the future of this kingdom were just nonchalantly being shoved to my shoulder.

For a moment, I felt like being caught with a rope around my neck.

"So if there'll be a war! It's all be my fault!?"

"You have no choice Ray, once my leadership is over, no one will be strong enough to hold that peace together. Chaos is something that is a guarantee to happen."

"..."

"Your choice is either,

To let the inevitable war happen 30 years from now,

To support somebody else to overthrow me thus making the war happen sooner,

Or to Join me and help me build a new system that would make the peace last even after my death."

"So the reason you need that weapon is..."

"Yes, to create a power strong enough to hold that peace together. Even after my death."

"But, isn't that plan of yours is still too ambiguous? Just... what is your real intention?"

I ask her while feeling uneasy.

"Just like a game of chess,

While Queen is the strongest piece, if the right circumstances are fulfilled Each pawn can become a Queen. Thus keeping you in an advantageous position. Even if the original Queen is gone."

"But, I don't Understand... Why is my cooperation matter that much for this plan of yours? Isn't there another... Another blacksmith who is better than me?"

Towards my question the Queen smiles.

This time that smile was accompanied by a warm gaze.

"Instead of answering your question, what about I show you the answer?"

"Huh?..."

With that words, she stands up and looks upon the window.

"I will show you the gap, between Pawn and a Queen."

-----------------------

4