63.the challenge for those who tried to achieve something
94 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Without the slightest hesitation, I parried the approaching thrust attack with Alpha.

Clank* clank*

My mind can not process the instantaneous movement that just happened.

But I can clearly hear the sound of two clashes.

The female Knight in front of me seems stuns after witnessing what just happened.

Apparently, at a high speed, I managed to parry both of her attacks.

Her first move was the lance attack to the head. Yet her true attack was the shield bash that comes within half a second after it.

Normally, this attack would be unavoidable because of shock or too much focus on the first attack.

But, because of Alpha's assist, I manage to parry both attacks and avoid any damage.

My hypothesis seems to be right on the mark.

I truly can use speed and agility to gain an advantage.

----------------------------

There are few ways to win a 1v1 match like this.

Because this is not a street fight, the winner will be decided when one party unable to continue the fight.

In theory, this is an easier fight. Yet, that also means there are only so few options to win.

That option is either, make the other party's weapon to break.

Make the other party to surrender.

Or, to knock the other party unconscious.

I once again focusing my mind on Alpha.

Alpha is a weapon unbreakable by ordinary means. After the material synchronization Alpha has become a weapon that is surpassed even the toughest material.

Because of the unique attribute of the material.

She will absorb magical energy from nature and use the said pure energy to reinforce and empowering herself to the point that she will never break or even had any scratch.

But, there lies her weakness.

Me.

Even with Alpha keep assisting me, there surely will be a point where I meet my limit.

Just like that time with the bracelet. If my body or my mind unable to stand the stress and pressure then Alpha would only be nothing more than that of an unbreakable metal pole.

Even more so because the magical energy that flows within and through Alpha is the purest form of magical energy.

The human body and its magic circuit just won't be able to stand that kind of pressure for long periods of time.

Now, how can I beat this knight before reaching my breaking point?

-------------------------------

The female Knight felt something is wrong and took a defensive stance.

I take that gesture as my chance to attack her.

With a single breath, I charge upon the knight while Alpha assists me with her ability.

Strengthening 3.

I tried to strike the knight's right arm which holding her lance.

With the sharpness of Alpha and her unbreakable property, I can see this powerful strike can easily cut through any surface.

Even if I miss attacking her arm. I take this chance as an opportunity to break her lance

Yet, her movement is fast. She manages to move her gigantic shield to where my attack is gonna strike.

My attack is not effective.

That shield is protected with some kind of magic that repels my attack and stops the attack movement of my weapon before even touching the shield's surface.

The knight did not waste her time. She strikes me with the side part of her lance.

I'm late at retreating Alpha to protect myself from the attack.

Her lance hit my right shoulder sending me flying several meters from where I previously standing.

The attack is heavy.

The entirety of my right arm feels numb.

I swapped Alpha to my left hand.

'Attacking again is dangerous...'

My instinct screaming at me.

The pain must have rewritten my awareness. Trying to warn me from doing the same mistake.

'So is to counter my attach is her plan all along?'

I thought so, to myself.

'This is worse than what I've had anticipated.'

'Her movement is faster than what her appearance let off.'

'Her defense is also pretty solid. Even with strengthening 3 my attack felt as if it was nothing. My attack stopped several centimeters before even touching the shield surface.'

I push my mind to think while my heart is beating fast.

I'm sure this happened within a split second.

Yet, suddenly she charged with her lance once again.

This time she is faster.

'Body Enhancement Magic!?'

Seeing her attack I focused my mind on Alpha which is I still wield with my left hand.

The result is the same.

The attack is parried. And she is forced to back to her previously defensive position.

Then, she strikes yet again.

This time, her attack is sharper than before.

She aimed at my chest.

*clank*

Then my left shoulder.

*clank*

Then my abdomen.

With every attack that I parried.

I tried to counter her attack.

Yet, every time I did so. Her shield will stop my attack and makes me vulnerable to her next attack.

Even though this time I make sure to prepare Alpha to parry her attack and protecting me from taking any direct damage.

This pattern of confrontation keeps on repeating.

Both of us exchange these back-to-back devastating blows.

Tried to win, each blow is stronger than the last.

But, even though I've tried my best to penetrate her defense.

Her defense is too solid, each blows that she did is getting stronger and stronger.

Meanwhile, these exchanges only depleted my stamina rapidly.

Faster than ever.

I was careless.

I thought that I could beat her with ease just because I have Alpha with me.

While I was focused on how to penetrate her defense.

She is focusing on the nature of my attack.

While both of us learning each other patterns and combat styles.

She has far more experience in fighting than me.

From behind her shield, her eyes are sharp and focused.

Like a predatory bird circling in the sky before diving at full speed to attack its prey.

This is bad.

If this pattern keeps ongoing, I will be the one who will fall unconscious.

My chance to win is getting smaller and smaller.

To attack her while her shield is up is dangerous.

Yet, she is fast enough to move her shield thus leaving no opening for me to attack.

As for now, more than the lance, her shield becoming more and more of a hustle.

'If that shield can repeal my physical attack.'

'Then what about magic?'

I jumped back, ending the exchange of blows.

Then with a rapid speed, I cast the only offensive magic that I know.

"Fire!!"

A wildfire comes from the ground in an unnatural upwards movement and strikes her shield several times before it's disappeared.

Within that few seconds, I can see clearly that The fire attack is connected and strikes the shield surface.

Yet it didn't have any effect.

'Damn it, that shield must have been created with a material that can stand even high-tier offensive magic.'

'I wouldn't be able to penetrate that shield with this low-tier magic.'

'Damn it.'

'Damn it.'

'Damn it.'

I did not have any strong offensive magic.

This is only magic to help me hunt animals. 

While her shield must have been created with warfare in mind.

Alpha could not assist me by strengthening my magic.

I must create some kind of plan.

'Alpha could become stronger, or makes me stronger.'

'Yet, Alpha could not make my magic spell stronger.'

'However Alpha can assist me by making me complete my casting faster.'

'The same is true with my movement and reaction times. Alpha could help me make my movement speed and my reaction times faster."

Suddenly I have a really risky idea.

'This will be a really dangerous.'

'Yet, if this could work... Then maybe I can still win.'

'What I need to do is to create an opening.'

With that, I take one deep breath, before executing my plan.

3