62.The strange calmness of the cornered mouse.
103 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What was I'm doing?

What is the point of all of this?

You are a Blacksmith Ray. And your job is just that.

To create weapons and then pretend that you have nothing to do with them for the rest of your life.

But...

It's just... Hard.

It is hard for me to pretend that I did not care.

The more I wanted to forget about it, the more my mind will keep reminding me about the consequences of my action.

Well, at least I am prepared this time.

My action will come at a hefty price. So, I better make it count.

---------------------------------

It was a hot day in the afternoon yet the clouds in the sky seem dark and heavy. I guess it would start to rain soon.

I've beaten all of the people who came to challenge me today so I am planning on taking a break for the rest of the day.

After all, today is supposed to be my day off. Yet those people still come here to challenge me.

It takes some time to beat all of them.

But, at least. Now I can peacefully spend my time with Aria.

It still in the mid-day and there is still so much time left.

Just as I'm about to leave the training ground there is someone who came to approach me while carrying a weapon.

"Well well well. What is it if it's not a new challenger? You guys seriously never tired of this aren't you?"

"..."

"What? you can't speak?"

"I'm here to challenge you."

Well, I've guessed as much.

"Are you sure about that? You will die you know?"

"..."

I changed my tone to intimidate him.

But, instead of scared, his face is shown to be irritated.

What is wrong with him? Some person who is born with a defect and failed at understanding?

'Hah, this is just the worst. Let's just make him unconscious then leave. I don't have time for a no-brainer who didn't know his own ability.'

"*Sigh* so, you truly won't back down huh? Just so that you know, I already tell you to surrender. Now don't blame me if you will suffer from your own action."

"Sure."

With that word he started to unwrap the weapon that he is carrying.

It appears to be that of a customized Naginata.

Is it a magic weapon?

Well, it didn't matter. I will end this as soon as it starts.

------------------------

We took some distance from each other.

She is equipped with a lance and a shield.

Her footing is solid and everything about her felt heavy.

With her armor and equipment, speed and agility probably will be my best chance of actually beating her.

"Are you really sure about this? I told you once again that, I will not hold back. If you die do not haunt me okay?"

"Sure."

I take a one deep breath to calm my mind.

This is a match not a sparing.

Without knowing her ability, holding myself back is dangerous.

"Don't make a fool of yourself. I hope you know the consequence of your decision."

"..."

"Not really a warrior, aren't you?"

"So what? You want to give me some handy cap? I don't need it, miss."

"Your attitude is really bad. I don't like you."

"It doesn't matter. Let's start the fight."

With that words, the fight begins.

She put her stance and ready to go on both offensive and defensive movements.

Her way of fighting is already been perfected for this lance and shield royal guard style.

"Jaa!!"

She attacked with a really fast thrust aimed at my head.

To answer her movement, I focused my mind to feel the flow of magical energy on my body.

Using the said magical energy I call upon the magic weapon on my hand to awake her.

In an instant upon Alpha answered my call.

Without the slightest hesitation, I parried the approaching thrust attack with Alpha.

3