Chapter 27 USJ Invasion 4
2.6k 3 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few seconds on high-speed flying, I find myself at the USJ building entrance. Thirteen is on lying the floor, her back caved out. I scan her quickly using my suit to find that there’s no damage to her vitals. I also use [Observation] on her to find that she still has 34/210 HP. She’ll live. Well, only if she’s treated in time. Unfortunately, we don’t have that time right now.

Tenya Iida is running to the exit as fast as he can, which is pretty fast at 50km/h and increasing. Everything looks ok, I guess I can-

[You have an ominous feeling.]

Damn, I only just got this skill and it’s already getting to work. I follow my instincts and use [Observation] on Kurogiri.

[Name: Kurogiri

Title: Tomura’s Caretaker

Job: Villain

Divine Augment: Shredding Fog. Able to change parts of his fog into a spatial shredder.

Descript…]

I can't be bothered reading the rest of the stat page, there’s no need to after all. Not even half a second has passed and I already knew what’s going to happen, so I rush towards Tenya, and shoulder barge into his back and push him forward by a few meters.

As soon as he landed, directly behind him, a warp gate appears with a menacing slicing sound. In canon, He almost runs into the gate, but Mezo Shoju covers the gate with his body, blocking it.

But, now that Kurogiri’s fog has changed, there’s a good chance the warp gate will have traits of that Spatial Shred Divine Augment. If Mezo covers the gate as he did in canon, Kurogiri could just grind through his body to get out and still get to Tenya. So…

Sorry, gotta steal the spotlight!

Arata- “Go!”

Tenya lands in a good posture and continues running off.

But Kurogiri doesn’t give up and gives chase with his body directly. Well, if it were me I would just open another gate, I’m not complaining though.

Urakaka notices his body and touches him to make him float before throwing him up in the air away from Tenya. Hanta Sero then tapes the floating metal brace to swing it further away, but Kurogiri sends his fog down the tape towards Sero.

Since Kurogiri has his Divine Augment, all he has to do is touch someone to shred that part. So, He’s using the tape as a medium to get to Hanta faster. But, he’s not as fast as me. Immediately I charge up my fingers with electromagnetic waves, boosting it with the arc reactor in my suit, take out a metal coin, and flick it with my thumb while releasing all that energy into the coin.

The result?

Arata- “Railgun!”

*THVIIIIIIIIIIM*

A bright beam of orange light severs the tape.

A bit disappointing using a move like that against something as weak as tape, but it’s my fastest attack, and it’s cool as fuck, so I might as well.

What? I didn’t have to yell out my attack? What yelling out? I didn’t yell anything out. You yelled it out. Your whole family yelled it out.

(A/N: What is this, a Chinese novel now? XD)

Meanwhile, Tenya successfully forces the doors open and escapes. I estimate about 5 minutes or less until the teachers get here? We can hold out until then.

Kurogiri- “ … If he calls for help… it’s game over!”

Saying that he warps himself away, most likely to report to Tomura about this.

I turn to the other still here.

Arata- “Ok, you guys look after Thirteen-sensei here. I can't guarantee no villains will try to make trouble and break away from the fight downstairs, so you guys need to protect Thirteen-sensei and each other.”

I didn’t stop to listen to their reply, I just ran over to the fight happening downstairs.

Momo, Jiro and Denki made it here and are currently just finishing off the rest of the villains along with Ojiro, Izuku and Tsuyu while Minoru is bleeding from his head and sticking everyone down. Honestly, he can be a coward, but when needed he will always try to help… while crying, that is.

Katsuki is deeper in… because of course, he is. Eijiro is kinda in between him and the first group, as for Shoto, he’s doing what he can but he can't just freeze the whole map because of all the chaos going on. As for Toru Hagakure… I don’t know. I tried using infrared but I can't fucking see her with all these people around. I gotta make something that lets her become visible.

Fumikage Tokoyami and Koji Koda should still be in their zone or at least on the way here or to the entrance, and that leaves only Yuga Aoyama. Man, I gotta ask where he was hiding later on.

All the cannon fodder villains ended up falling unconscious or just outright immobilised.

Meanwhile, Kurogiri is just finishing telling Tomura what happened up at the entrance.

*Scratch* *Scratch* *Scratch* *Scratch*

Tomura- “Kurogiri… I’d turn you to dust if you weren’t our ticket out of here. We don’t stand a chance against dozens of pros. Maybe Nomu could take them all on, but he’s dealing with All Might… are the rumours wrong? All Might is not weakening?”

Hearing him, both Izuku and I look over to All Might, and what we see is kind of expected.

Because All Might’s at full strength since he didn’t have to deal with the problems he should have on the way to work, he’s holding out with the Nomu for a lot longer. But, although he’s hiding it well, All Might is still getting worn down. It’s very subtle, but you can see it if you know what you’re looking for.

If my hunch is correct…

[Observation]

Name: ??? (Nomu #81)

Species: Human (Bioengineered/Nomu)

Divine Augment: Shock Absorption replaced with Shock Redistribution. Allows the user to absorb physical shocks/force and redistribute it later.

…]

I knew it, this Nomu also has a Divine Augment. Honestly, I’m quite impressed, All Might can't attack the Nomu otherwise it can just absorb the shock and use it to boost it’s next attack. Shock Redistribution… Almost as broken as my [Vector Manipulation]… Just kidding, it’s nowhere close.

Tomura- “Nomu.”

The Nomu then immediately turns around and rushes to Aizawa-sensei at such speed, he practically blinked over, before punching out.

Aizawa-sensei, through pure instinct with experience, he raised his arms, both his normal and Iron Man arm and blocked the blow. Well, although I say “blocked”, it’s more like “the Iron Man arm became completely obliterated from the elbow down and his left arm became broken in multiple places. His arms were unable to take the full blow and the punch continues to hit right in his chest.

Because his arms took most of the blow, he will live, but he ended up being knocked unconscious. Which is a shame. Although Aizawa-sensei was taking out other villains, he was still using his quirk to nullify the shock redirection from the Nomu. Because of this, the shock Nomu absorbed got out of control and just exploded. Since Aizawa-sensei had to look away, the Nomu ended up still regenerating.

Immediately after, the Nomu turned and attacked the nearest enemy to him, which in this case, was Katsuki. But, All Might dived in, pushed Katsuki out of the way, and took the hit for him.

All Might ended up being pushed about a dozen meters back, his feet dragging trails, with some blood leaking out of the corner of his mouth.

Tomura- “You took a hit from the Nomu instead of the kid? Admirable, it really is! But it’s not enough. I’m sure you realised, All Might, but this Nomu has a Shock Redistribution quirk. Whatever smash you throw at it, it can throw it right back at you, and more.”

Arata- “Correct, but there’s a weird thing about redistribution type quirks. You have to use a medium to redistribute it through. There’s no such thing as perfect control, whenever the Nomu moves the shock it absorbed through its body, it damages its body as well. It’ll eventually exhaust itself from self-damage. I know, I have a similar quirk after all.”

I lied actually. Don’t get me wrong, if I had the same quirk as that Nomu, I would still end up suffering damage. It won't matter to be because of the [Gamer’s Body] skill, the only damage I take is some HP loss. But I don’t have his quirk. I have a MAX LV [Vector Manipulation], my control is absolute. Any force that travels through my body is contained perfectly, so I don’t suffer any kind of backlash.

Arata- “Even though he has a regeneration quirk, it takes a few seconds for him to completely regenerate. Since Aizawa-sensei’s out, we’ll have to overload him with so much force his body explodes, and while he’s busy regenerating, we deal with the other two. Simple, right?”

Tomura- “You do know we can hear you right?”

Arata- “Hush child.”

 

New chapter, this one is also a bit long, +500 words. We're getting closer to the USJ arc, thank god, its really tiring writing these XD.

If there's anything I can do to improve or add, make sure to comment it.

I'll see you next chapter!

80