Chapter 38 MC the cringe slayer
2.3k 10 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Endeavor- “SHOTOOOOO! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”

(A/N: I forgot I wrote this so when I read it the next day I just burst out laughing.)

Oh my lord, what happened to him. He just started reeing like there’s no tomorrow. I don’t wanna catch whatever he’s got.

Anyways Izuku and Shoto’s fight continues, within a few seconds the latter was able to completely thaw himself out, and both got ready for their final attacks. Shoto creates as much ice as he possibly can and sends it straight towards Izuku, while Izuku sacrifices a leg and jumps forward towards Shoto with a One for All 100% jump.

Cementoss and Midnight decide to stop the match here, Midnight releasing her sleep aroma and Cememtoss creating walls to dampen the impact. I, on the other hand, make my own preparations. I take out a cube that barely fits in my hand, and threw it over the stage.

Shoto expels his fire to its fullest capacity, and Izuku punches forward with everything he’s got. Cememtoss’ walls instantly get obliterated.

The resulting wind force from the rapidly heating air from Shoto and the full power smash from Izuku created something not dissimilar to a tornado. Of course, since it’s just a bunch of wind and force colliding against each other without any order, it quickly dissipates. But none of that wind touched me or anyone else in the stands because of the cube, I threw earlier.

Or specifically, a Force Field Projector. Something I was tinkering with for fun in the past few days. The cube split up into 8 smaller cubes, one from each of its corners, and created a fence made of energy to protect everyone in the stands. I still don’t understand how anyone was not injured from the flying debris.

The best part is, no one realised there was a force field there. If it appeared during a normal situation, people would’ve noticed it, as it would’ve looked like a giant glass wall. But, due to all the commotion, no one realised. Well, except for a few who have specific quirks that let them sense things like this.

I took down the force field the moment the wind calmed down, but the stage is still completely covered with dust and steam.

Present Mic- “What a blast! We can't see a thing! Has the match been decided?”

The smoke clears away, and what I see surprises even me.

Shoto is still standing, completely exhausted, with his shirt completely burned on the left side, and ice surrounding him, most likely acting as a foothold during the explosion. That’s not the point though. The thing is…

Izuku is still on the stage. And still conscious. Half his body is out of bounds, and he’s lying down on the floor with his gloved fingers jammed into the ground so he could hold on and not get blown away.

His arm and up which was not protected is completely broken from the smash, but his hand and fingers are ok since the glove took most of the impact. Said glove is barely intact, however.

Midnight- “Midoriya-kun is out of bounds, Todoroki-kun moves onto the next round!”

The medic robots take away Izuku on a stretcher, his leg and arm is busted, while Shoto walks out on his own. As for the Force Field Projector, I set it to self destruct.

(A/N: Do you always have to get things to self destruct? Did that letter from ROB at the beginning traumatise you? Are you ok?)

[Quest complete, receiving rewards in inventory.]

[Received: Neuro Linker (Defective)]

Nice, I got it. I secretly take it out of my inventory and use [Observation] on it to see why it’s called defective.

[Name: Neuro Linker (Defective)

Description: A neuro linker from the Accel World universe. The object is worn on the neck and acts as a personal computer that links directly to the user's brain. However, due to a mysterious force, it is altered. One of its main functions, Virtual Reality, is removed.

…]

Virtual reality is removed? Damn, that's a bummer. Well, not like I'll use that function much, and it's better than being damaged in some way as I expected.

I put it back into my inventory, and get up to walk to the medic room. Izuku’s right arm is broken, his hand is fine though. His leg is also broken from the jump, but otherwise, he’s doing a lot better than his canon counterpart.

Ochako, Tenya, Tsuyu and Minoru barge into the room, but get chased out quickly by Recovery Girl.

Ochako- “Eh? But how come Arata-kun get to stay?”

Arata- “Because I'm special.”

So I say. In reality, I'm just here to give Izuku an experimental consumable. I call it a ‘Nutrient Solution’, I took inspiration from a novel I read in my old world. Basically, it’s a pack of highly concentrated nutrients and energy. Drinking it can energise the body and extremely high-quality Nutrient Solutions can even refine the mind and body.

(A/N: It’s from ‘Reincarnation Of The Strongest Sword God’ for those wondering.)

The best part of it is that it’s drunk out of Capri Sun packets. The drinks are already ready to be mass-produced, but whether the small amount of LSD I laced the drink with affects Izuku or not is the experimental part.

Anyways, Izuku gets completely healed and his supposedly half-crippled arm he was supposed to get in canon is absent here. Good job me! Recovery Girl’s quirk boosts the body’s natural regeneration, but consumes the target’s stamina. With the nutrient solution, however, all that energy gets immediately replaced, so a full recovery is possible.

Anyways, nothing exciting happened from here on until the end. Katsuki defeated Eijiro in his fight, Shoto defeated Tenya, Katsuki defeated Fumikage, and Katsuki defeated Shoto, everyone died. The end, roll credits.

Just kidding, no one died.

But when it was time for the entrance ceremony…

Midnight- “And now for the medals! Presenting them this year is… you know who!”

ALL MIGHT/Midnight- “I AM- He’s everyone’s hero- HERE WITH THE- All Might!- MEDALS!”

.

.

.

OH MY GOD, I FORGOT ABOUT THIS FUCKING CRINGE MOMENT!

OH! OH NO! I feel the cringe. Oh, it’s making my stomach hurt. Ah…

Completely ignoring my pain, All Might continues handing out the medals, bronze to Fumikage, silver to Shoto, and gold to Katsuki.

All Might- “These are your winners! But everyone has the potential to be standing here! As you witnessed, competition, encouragement, the sprouts of today will grow into the heroes of tomorrow! So, in that spirit, let’s have one final cheer!”

Oh my god, I'm not letting this happen, I’ll be hospitalised from the sheer cringe if this goes on. I take out a notepad and pen from my inventory and start writing furiously.

(A/N: Inventory-chan is doing a lot of work today! Gambatte!)

All Might- “Say it with me, everyone! One, two, and…”

I frantically waved my hand around trying to catch his attention, which, thank my LUK stat, it did, and I point to the notepad in my hand. In capital letters, ‘PLUS ULTRA’ is written with reasonably thick letters. Even if All Might is standing several meters away, he should be able to generally see what’s written.

Everyone- “Plus Ultra!”

All Might- “T-Plus Ultra! Thanks for the hard work!”

And I just singlehandedly saved the whole damn festival.

 

Festival arc finally done! Next up we're getting ready for internships. SPOILERS! RUMI IS MAKING A COMEBACK!

If there's anything I missed or you want me to ass or improve, let me know. 

66