Chapter 9 Filler and maybe foreshadowing lol
3.6k 26 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so began my training. He didn’t teach me how to be a hero, that’s something I would learn at a hero school. He taught me how to actually fight, how to move, how to think, not so I can save people, but so I can defeat my enemy. And win.

Of course, he did it in a way that a 4-year-old mind can take it without turning evil or something. Not that I would’ve cared as I'm mentally mature already and it will be pretty damn hard to change my personality, especially with a stubborn bastard like Accelerator affecting it.

And, at the end of the lesson, I got a surprise.

[A new skill has been created through a specific action.]

[Unarmed Mastery LV 1 (Passive)
Knowledge on how to fight, move and defend with no weapons or items.
Effect: +5% STR.
Effect: +5% VIT.]

Nice, now once I level it up some more I can get free strength and vitality.

The funny thing is that the effects the stat points give are different from the original gamer ability. I guess it’s a bit more realistic. When I selected the stats on the screen, explanations pop up.

STR- Strength, affects physical strength and speed.

VIT- Vitality, affects how much damage you can take before your HP hits 0.

DEX- Dexterity, affects precision and perception.

INT- Intelligence, affects total mental capacity.

WIS- Wisdom, affects mental regeneration and work speed.

LUK- Luck… your luck. Why did you need a description?

Ignore the last one.

And now, it’s dinner time, the part of the day I look forward to most.

Why?

Because I get to talk to Rumi-chan. Although she hates it when I call her that, so I just call her Rumi. She doesn’t seem to mind, and I don’t mind when she calls me Arata either so we just kept it like that. Honorifics are annoying.

Anyway, like usual, I go grab my food and walk to the usual table when, speak of the devil, she’s already sitting there stuffing her face with food like always. She has no manners.

And so, without saying anything, I walk over to my now-designated-seat and also start stuffing my face. What? They got a new cook a few months back and his egg fried rice is amazing. Everyone calls him Uncle Roger, such a nice man.

So, after we finish demolishing our meal, we lean back and sigh out in satisfaction. Damn, that was a good meal.

Arata- “So you came back early today?”

Rumi- “Yep. Was feeling a bit hungry today, so I decided to cut it short and come back early.”

Hearing that, I nod in understanding.

Rumi Usagiyama, a straightforward girl that just does what she wants, within limits of course. She should be in middle school but she got kicked out not too long before I first met her.

Why?

Fights. This woman loves to fight. She went around the city crashing into any and all fights she could, sometimes in not-so-legal places.  She still does that, even now, hence, the previous conversation. 

The school, not wanting to take care of her behavior, kicked her out and Daishin-sensei took her in to learn at this hero school. It will happen next year, though, as she isn’t old enough to enroll yet.

Which brings me to a major concern I have. 

With my memory being boosted to almost inhumane levels I am near 100% certain she was 26 years old in when she first got introduced in canon. At the time, Izuki Midoriya was only 15. So, if Rumi is only 14 years old now, Izuku should only be 3 years old. And since I’m 4 years old… I'm a year older than the main characters in the series.

Did ROB fuck things up? I mean, more than he already did?

The answer I came to is “no”.

I wished to “be in UA by the time the plot starts”. I was talking about being in UA by the time the other characters are in UA, and ROB knew that too.

So, I will be in UA by the time everyone else arrives… as a part of class 2A.

*SIGH*

Fuck you ROB, fuck you.

Rumi- “You good? That sigh sounded bad.”

Did I do that out loud?

Arata- “Ye just thinking of this annoying old man.”

Rumi- “Who, Nabe? Yeah, he is annoying isn’t he.”

Arata- “Daishin-sensei? No! And keep your voice down, if Daishin-sensei heard you say that…”

Hearing me, Rumi widened her eyes, closed her mouth, and looked down. 

In case you didn’t know, she’s a bit scared of him. The only reason Rumi didn’t turn into a villain with her battle junkie personality of hers is because of Daishin-sensei. As for what he did to her, she never told me. And I didn’t ask.

(A/N: I just wanna add here that Daishin was beating Rumi's personality into submission so she doesnt just start fight out of nowhere.)

Rumi- “Speaking of that old man, what’s your relationship with him anyway?”

Arata- “Me? I was an orphan. For about, a few seconds. I was getting registered to the orphanage when suddenly he popped outta nowhere and just adopted me. At least, that’s what he told me. Ever since then, he’s been training me.”

Rumi- “He’s been training you? So are you strong? Wanna fight!?”

Ah, her eyes are sparkling. She won't let me go now would she… oh well, I guess I can hold my own now anyway. Let’s see if I can impress her.

-----

(Third Person)

In a certain dark space that our MC was reincarnated from, a familiar Gandalf-like ROB is standing… floating? Flying? I don’t fucking know, it’s the void.

Anyway, he’s there.

Suddenly, another figure appears. This person looks like an ikemen, with blonde hair and blue eyes, but he isn’t playing around.

???- “******, how long has it been since the plan has been put into motion?”

ROB- “Around 6 months.”

???- “That long already?”

ROB- “There was a 6-month timeskip.”

???- “A what?”

ROB- “Nothing. Have you found ‘it’ yet” 

???- “Yes, but it disappeared not long after.”

ROB- “Tch, again. Doing what it wants and making trouble for the rest of us.”

???- “That’s why we agreed to use a ‘spear’.”

ROB- “I know… the ‘Mortal Spear’… Let’s hope he lives up to expectations.”

Ending the conversation, both figures vanished from the space.

Meanwhile, Rumi is beating our resident MC up in the training room.

 

Added a Time Affinity to MC stat page. Thank you Agent_00 for the suggestion!

Chapter 9!
we'll be having a timeskip next chapter, I dont want to spend TOO much time in MCs childhood, so we're speeding things along.
If there's anything I can do to improve, make sure to comment.

95