Chapter 12 A Name
3.4k 14 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6 years later.

[Name: Arata

Occupation: The Gamer

Title: Edgy Protag Wannabe

Level: LV 60    Next Level: 69.69%

HP: 5000/5000

MP: 47,360/47,360

STR: 50

VIT: 42

DEX: 79

INT: 4736 (2368)

WIS: 4740 (2370)

LUK: 56

Stat Points: 100

Money: $19,139,365,856

Affinity:

Space: 100

Time: 100

Skills:

Gamer's Mind LV MAX

Gamer's Body LV MAX

Mental Enhancement LV MAX

Physical Endurance LV 62

Unarmed Mastery LV 75

Parallel Processing LV MAX

Esper: Vector Manipulation LV MAX

Kaleidoscope LV MAX

Quirk: Self Reprogramming LV 70

Observation LV 89

Create ID LV 30

Escape ID LV 30

Meditation LV 89

Manufacturing LV 75]

Ignore that title, it's false.

Growing so much is amazing you know. My INT and WIS stats have increased so much I don't even need to rest anymore, and disregarding my body, I can even stay awake for about a year and a half. Amazing right?

But, even so, my [Vector Manipulation] is only halfway through Level 4 in Toaru standards. Now that I think about it, those Level 5's are monsters, only my age, maybe a few years older and they're all that strong. And I have The Gamer ability, which is basically a growth cheat.

I guess that's why there's only 7 of them out of a while 2 million.

My skills have been levelling up nicely, anything above LV 50 slows down, but it's still doable. The [Mental Enhancement] and [Parallel Processing] are skills I gained at 100 and 1000 INT and WIS stat points respectively.

[Mental Enhancement LV MAX] boosts all mental type skills and abilities, and [Parallel Processing LV MAX] gives me the ability to think different thoughts simultaneously. The higher the INT I have, the more thoughts I can think at the same time.

[Parallel Processing] works by dividing my mind into different "rooms", and there are little chibi versions of me moving around in my head, transferring information between them. WIS increases my thought speed, the higher my WIS stat, the faster the chibi me's move.

The higher my INT stat, the bigger the "building" is, therefore more "rooms" we can fit in, and more chibi me's can live there.

What I'm most proud of are my money and LUK stat. 14 years old and already a billionaire, JARVIS has helped a lot in that regard. Started a company and sold some of my inventions, the biggest one being the arc reactor.

Yes, I finally made it. Only finished it last year too, the Starks were geniuses to invent this, especially with the trash tech they had at the time.

I sold them in large sizes, only so they can work as energy suppliers to large buildings, and is unable to be easily transported, really cutting down its military usage.

Of course, the "owner" of the company is named Jarvis, but I'm the one pulling the strings.

As for my LUK stat, well let's just say Rumi was a great help, and "lucky pervert" situations can help with the grinding.

Actually, you know what? I'll dump all my free points.

[LUK: 156

Stat Points: 0]

:)

Anyways, I'm now 14 years old, 1 year left until I enrol into UA high school. I've grown into quite a nice man. No, I didn't become handsome all of a sudden. I could if I wanted to with my quirk, but I think my hair makes me stand out enough, I don't want to be turning heads wherever I go.

I've lived a good life so far, and most of it is thanks to Daishin-sensei. He taught me many things, scolded me like a child, and pretty much became a father to me. And right now, I'm heading to his room.

His hospital room, that is.

His body was already starting to fail him a few years back, and it's just been a downward spiral ever since.

Opening the door, I step in to find a… deflated Nabe Daishin hooked up on some life support.

Arata- "Hey, Daishin-sensei, how are you."

Nabe- "*COUGH* I'm not your sensei anymore. You've learnt all I could teach you… well, except how to groom a moustache."

Arata- "*CHUCKLES* Right. Anyways, I came here to give you something."

Nabe- "Arata, I know you don't want me to die, but I've lived my life to the fullest. I have barely any regrets. It's time for me to move on."

Yep, I tried convincing him to take a serum I made to extend his life, but he declined. Nabe is one the only person I told of my secret life as a billionaire and genius. Of course, I'm not going to just let that serum knowledge get buried, and programmed it into a virus to infect the internet and release it publicly after 50 years have passed. If it got released, all hell will descend, and I don't want to be here when it happens. Not my problem.

(A/N: Irresponsible little shit ain't ya?)

Arata- "I know, but the doctors said you only have today, maybe tomorrow to live. I'm not going to ask you to continue living, I understand your feelings, but…"

Saying this, I pull out a suitcase. Inside was a vial of red liquid.

Arata- "I call this 'For Kindness, This Here Is Some Strange Health Increasing Tonic", also known as the 'FK THIS SHIT'."

*AU-COUGH*

Ah fuk he just vomited blood. I wonder why. He never did that before.

Arata- "Anyways, what this will do is increase your vitality and let you live in tip-top shape for 8 hours. However, directly afterwards, you will die. Since you're going anyways, I thought you would at least want to spend your last moments jumping around."

Nabe just looked at the serum. I thought he was going to disagree again, but…

He nodded.

Seeing him agree, I hand over the serum, and he drinks it. Since we can't exactly explain this to the doctors, we jump out of the window, and just stroll around the city, spending my money on food.

Honestly, I was hoping, with this he would change his mind and want to continue living. But being a stubborn old man, he didn't say anything about it. I guess Rumi was right to call him that…

And finally, just before the effects of the serum wore off, we came back to the hero school and went to his room.

Laying down on his bed, he didn't say anything. Neither did I. We said all we wanted to say to each other during the day, hell, he even called Rumi. She was REALLY sad but she didn't show it and she thinks we don't know.

Once his life started rapidly depleting, Daishin-sensei knew the serum's effects finally wore off.

Using the last of his strength, he looks at me. And says only two words.

Nabe- "Arata Daishin…"

Before closing his eyes forever.

Hearing this, I finally couldn't keep it in anymore and cry. Of course, I don't cry like a bitch, but I just stay silent as the tears flow.

Arata- "I'll see you in the next life… Father."

[Updated]

[Name: Arata Daishin]

 

Chapter 12, a more serious one than the others but I hoped you enjoyed.
Any suggestions, just comment them and Ill see what I can do.
Thanks, cya

107