Chapter 32 Our MC is a useless virgin, make sure to flame him in the comments.
2.6k 6 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Midnight- “Now, for the athlete’s oath!”

Fumikage- “R-rated hero? Should she really be in a high school?”

Minoru- “Shut it.”

Midnight- “Pipe down! Your student representative is… from class 1A, Katsuki Bakugo!”

Hmm? Odd, I thought it would’ve been Izuku. The student representitive should’ve been the top scorer of the hero course entrance exam, and not only did they tie, Izuku also took down a 0 pointer. Oh well, Izuku would probably end up stuttering and messing up if he went up instead so I guess this is good enough.

Katsuki- “I pledge… to take the top spot.”

And then Katsuki ended up pissing everyone off anyway…

Midnight- “Then, without any further delay, let’s get the first event started! These are the qualifiers! It’s in this stage that so many are knocked out! And the event for this year is… This!”

The screen behind Midnight flickered between dozens of different choices but stops on just one of them. The words ‘Obstacle Course Race’ is shown in big letters. I wonder what will happen if I hack into all of them and start playing Fortnite… probably get shot.

Then Midnight began to explain what is needed of us to pass the first stage. A 4-kilometre lap around the stadium between all 11 year-1 classes. The kicker is… anything goes, as long as you don’t go out of bounds.

Midnight- “Racers, to your positions!”

And so we all file into the giant corridor that will be the race start point. I'm somewhere near the back.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEEEP!*

The red yellow and green lights light up (yes, in that order) and we all shoot off… until Shoto freezes the floor.

That salty little shit.

Well, not that I care, I already expected it coming and just used [Vector Manipulation] to return the ice to room temperature as soon as I step on it.  The ultimate nonslip solution. Almost everyone else from 1A also has their own makeshift solution.

Before even half a minute passes I've already made it into the top 30 positions. I'm not doing anything flashy, just boosting myself forward whenever I touch the ground like a springboard. Because of this, I’m going about as fast as a horse.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is Tenya? Shouldn’t his engine quirk make him at least top 10, if not, top 3? Did he die or something?

Minoru- “Haha, Todoroki-kun, you couldn’t take me out, now it’s my turn! How about a taste of my killer Grape-“

*BANG*

And just like that, the little shit went flying. As for what sent him flying, it was a 1 pointer villain robot.

Present Mic- “Every obstacle course needs obstacles! Starting with… the first barrier, ‘Robo Inferno’.”

A bunch of robot villains appeared. Of course, they aren’t limited to the normal 1, 2 and 3 pointers either…

???- “It’s the 0 pointers from the exam!”

???- “There’s too many…”

???- “There’s no way past!”

More than 5 0 pointer robots show up.

Shoto- “So these are the faux villains they used for everyone else’s test?”

Oh yeah, I just remembered, Shoto and Momo took a different test because they were recommended, students. They didn’t have to deal with these.

Momo- “How did they even get the money for these…?”

That’s… actually a good question. I scanned one of these guys secretly during my exam last year, and although these guys are slow and clumsy as shit, the number of materials and energy that should’ve gone into making a single one of these… it’s insane. Especially when you consider the fact that several of these guys get destroyed just for some tests. I swear someone in the upper management is doing crack.

*Sigh*, I don’t wanna think about it. Well, I can make better ones anyways…

While I was doing my monologue, Shoto completely froze one of them, passing it easily while it collapsed behind him.

Meanwhile, another 0 pointer off to the side began moving and smashed down with its hand. I took this chance to jump on it and run up its arm. I always wanted to do that, not gonna lie. And I don’t even have to worry about falling off! [Vector Manipulation] OP.

Izuku is doing a lot better than his canon counterpart, with his One for All: Full Cowling he’s a lot stronger and faster. Of course, currently, he’s only limited to taking out the smaller robots.

I make my way up to the giant robot’s shoulder and jump off before landing on the ground from over 70 meters up. Reflecting the shock I was supposed to feel in my legs from the fall back into the ground, I continue running.

I don’t want first place and I have something to do further back, so I slow down. Several seconds later, I hear loud booming sounds from behind me. Momo shot some more 0 pointers down with a cannon she created.

Finally, I make it to the second stage.

Present Mic- “The first stage was a piece of cake? Then how about the second! Fall and you’re out, you gotta crawl across if you wanna make it! This is ‘The Fall’!”

Easy enough for me, my balance and control from the high DEX stat I have is something even master martial artists will find hard to achieve. I can run over this at full speed and I will be completely fine. Plus, with the ability to freely change my centre of gravity with [Vector Manipulation], even if Dio were to pull another ‘ROADER ROLLAH DA’ on me, I won't fall.

Wait, will he?

I look around paranoidly keeping my eye out for a certain bisexual vampire, and I swear I hear a “wryyyyy” whispered somewhere, but I don’t see anything.

Chalking it up to my mind playing tricks on me, I shove those thoughts to the back of my head, and I continue running.

I reach the third section.

Present Mic- “The minefield! A deadly Afghan carpet! A glance is enough to reveal the mine's location, so keep both eyes open!”

Izuku caught up with Shoto and Katsuki using pure speed without using the landmines from canon.

Meanwhile, I find myself running side by side with Momo.

Arata- “…”

What do I say!?

This is happening again! I don’t know what to do! Lord above, please help me!

Meanwhile, Minoru leaps out towards Momo from the crowd with a hairball in each of his hands. This is actually what I was slowing down for. In canon, Minoru latches himself onto Momo to easily pass the minefield.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate Minoru or anything, but I feel uncomfortable to see a girl I have my eyes on being close to a pervert like him. So…

*SMACC*

I smacc him away from her. Minoru flies for several meters twirling in the air beautifully while fading in and out of consciousness. Absolutely stunning, 10/10.

While I was appreciating this work of art I made, I catch Momo slightly blushing while flashing glances at me.

Knowing Minoru, Momo had an idea what would’ve happened if I just let things be.

Thank you, Lord above for answering my prayers, your help was appreciated.

???- “*whispering* wryyyyyy…”

… I will ignore that.

Meanwhile, I just glance at her, before looking back forward and speed up.

WHY DID I DO THAT!? I COULD’VE TALKED TO HER! WHY!?

Screw my virgin instincts.

Meanwhile, I didn’t see a pouting Momo stare at me as I left her line of sight.

 

MC is a hopeless virgin. He should get a Virginity LV MAX skill.

64