Chapter 37 More teenage drama
2.3k 11 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hanta- "I bet 500 yen on Kirishima-kun."

Minoru- "I bet 1000 yen on Tetsutetsu-san."

Rikido- "I bet 500 yen and this bag of lollies. On Kirishima-kun as well."

The anime and manga didn’t show it but these guys are running a fucking betting stand. Well not that I’m betting anything. This meagre amount of money won't bother me in the least.

Mezo- “Arata-kun, what’s the ratio?”

Arata- “1.2/0.8 for Kirishima-kun and Tetsutetsu-san respectively.”

Well, I'm the one running the whole thing but that’s not the point.

(A/N: I don’t know how to bet professionally so I might’ve got this wrong.)

Izuku is visiting Ochako, and the next match should be him against Shoto.

[A quest has generated.]

[Shoto uses his right hand too much, get him to use his left.]

*PFFT!* WHAT THE FUCK!?

[In canon, Shoto vowed to never use his left side in combat but breaks this vow when fighting Izuku. However, because Izuku has already unlocked his Full Cowling, he doesn’t have enough raw strength to break through Todoroki's ice and force him to use his fire.

Make sure Shoto uses his fire side in this battle.

Reward: Accel World - Neuro Linker (Defective).

Failure Condition: Battle ends with Shoto not using his fire.

Failure: Death.]

A neuro linker form Accel World? Nice, I’ll take it. What does it mean by ‘defective’ though? Is it a broken one? Well, it doesn’t matter. Even if it’s broken, I can reverse engineer it and figure out how to make my own anyways.

Hmm… Looks like I need to give Izuku his glove back. The glove is considered a support item, so normally Izuku isn’t allowed to use it unless you send in a special application form beforehand.

Of course, that isn’t even a problem. I just ask Jarvis to hack into U.A’s database and add in a support item application forum for the glove I made for Izuku. Izuku can fight without the glove, so it’s kind of pushing it, but the glove lets him use his powers to 100%, so technically it’s allowed.

So, I wait for Izuku at the stadium tunnel leading to the ring. After a few minutes, Izuku appears. He seems a little shaken, if I'm right, he should’ve just met Endeavor not even a minute ago.

Arata- “Midoriya-kun.”

I say as I take out the One for All Shock Glove from my inventory and chuck it to him. He catches it, looks at what I threw to him before he became surprised, wondering why I gave this to him.

Arata- “I’ve already patented it, you can use it.”

Izuku- “But-“

Arata- “No buts. Todoroki's ice will back you into a corner, even with your Full Cowling. You need your Delaware Smashes to shatter them, otherwise, you’ll lose. You and I both know this.”

Izuku- “… *Nods*.”

Instead of responding I just walk past Izuku to go back to my seat.

Present Mic- “Both of these competitors have won top marks in this festival so far! But there’s only room for one person in this ring. Izuku Midoriya versus Shoto Todoroki! Start!”

Oh, I made it in time. Let’s see how my influence changed this fight.

As soon as the match started, Shoto sent ice towards Izuku along the ground at great speeds. Originally Izuku would’ve had no chance at dodging it, but since he now had Full Cowling he's able to move out of the way with time to spare.

This repeats itself for a little while until eventually, Shoto surrounds Izuku with ice on both sides, cutting off his path of retreat, before sending ice directly towards him.

Izuku- “Delaware… SMASH!”

*THWOOM!*

*CRIK* *SHATTER*

Izuku fired off his first Delaware Smash, shattering the ice and forcing Shoto to create a wall of ice behind him to prevent himself from flying off the stage. The residue wind force ended up being felt from all over the stands. Even I felt it quite strongly.

Present Mic- “What was that!? Midoriya-kun caused such wind force just from flicking his fingers!”

Ochako- “Have they started yet?”

Tenya- “Ura- ARE YOU OK!?”

Oh, Ochako is bac- HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! What happened to her eyes!? I know why she’s like this but she needs medical attention. How is it even physically possible to get eyes as puffy like that just from crying? Is she allergic to tears!?

*THWOOM!*

Izuku fired off another smash. That’s 2. I haven’t gotten to upgrading his glove so it’s still the 3 shots per finger deal. If this keeps up, Izuku will end up using all of them.

*THWOOM!*

*SHATTER!*

More and more ice obstacles are getting in the way so Izuku is having to fire off his Delaware Smashes more frequently. At first, Shoto didn’t know Izuku could do something like this, so he was caught off guard, but he’s adapting to it. And eventually, he will be able to take advantage of it.

Shoto creates a ramp of ice and runs up it. Izuku, on the other hand, thinks that this is just another attack and shatters it, but Shoto jumps off the ramp and punches down onto Izuku, who quickly rolls out of the way and avoids being frozen.

Shoto- “Tch. Only defending and dodging? It’s taking a toll on you. Furthermore, that glove can only take so many shots. Eventually, you’ll tire out…”

Izuku- “*Haah* *Haah* You’re shivering, Todoroki-kun. Quirks are physical abilities as well, there’s a limit to how much cold you can bear. But you could easily thaw yourself out with your left… Everyone’s giving it their all, and you’re saying you will win with only half your power? Well, you haven’t even put a scratch on me! So come at me with everything you’ve got!”

Shoto- “Everything I've got… you’re pissing me off!”

Shoto keeps sending more and more ice waves to Izuku, but each time he shatters it with a Delaware Smash. Eventually, Shoto realises he can't keep this up, so he rushed forward to bring this to a close-range fight.

*punch*

A Full Cowling punch right into the gut. He seems to have forgotten… that One for All is a physical enhancement quirk, not a wind pressure quirk.

Shoto ends up flying away several meters back from that hit but gets back up quickly, and sends another wave of ice forward. But this one is noticeably slower. It seems Shoto is nearing his limit.

*THWOOM!*

*SHATTER!*

Shoto- “No… I’ll show them… I’ll show my father-“

Izuku- “YOUR POWER… IT’S YOURS, ISN’T IT!?”

And that was the final trigger.

*FWOOOM!*

A bright burning flame gets expelled out of Shoto’s left side.

Shoto- “When did I forget… I… want to be a hero too!”

And then they just awkwardly smile at each other. Fucking cringe.

 

Fucking cringe, I dont wanna deal with this shit.

If there's anything I missed or you want me to add, drop a comment, I'll see what I can do.

66