Chapter 56 Mall Crasher
1.9k 6 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So yeah, everyone’s final exams went well. And by everyone, I mean nearly everyone.

Unfortunately, some people still couldn't pass the exam. Mina ended up passing through, unlike her canon counterpart. The gadgets I made everyone is classified as support items so they’re totally allowed. But they still didn’t help much. After all, their strategy didn’t change from canon.

Team Eijiro and Rikido ended up tiring out and Hanta ended up getting carried by Minoru. Literally.

As for Mina, however, the acid bombs I made for her allowed her to corrode all the obstructions that fell in her way and she got out. Of course, Kaminari didn’t do much and still failed.

Mina- “You saved me!”

After the practical exams, as soon as I walked back into the classroom, I got tacked by Mina.

Mina- “If it weren't for those exploding thingies-“

Arata- “Acid Bombs.”

Mina- “I would’ve failed!”

Toru- “A-Ashido! Get off Arata!”

Toru, who was walking with me, tried to pull Mina off me who now is hanging onto my like a koala.

Is she jealous? She looks so cute like that, as expected of my sister.

*Slam!*

And then Aizawa-sensei walks into the room. Amazing what his presence can do, Mina’s deathlike grip immediately loosened and she ran over to her desk at such speed she practically teleported. Don’t get me wrong, she’s not the only one.

Everyone who was standing up did so. Myself included. Aizawa-sensei is scary…

Moving along, Aizawa-sensei dropped a bombshell that all students who failed the practicals still ended up going to summer training camp. They cheered. Then he told them that they would have to take supplementary lessons and it would be something they’d rather not ever do. They got depressed.

Aizawa-sensei handed out our camp manuals and class ended. We all just stood around, talking with each other while waiting for the next class to start.

Izuku- “The packing list is huge…”

Denki- “There’s a lot of things I need to buy…”

Toru- “Oh! I know! We have a day off tomorrow because we just finished our tests and we all need to buy things… how about we all go shopping together!”

And everyone agreed. I mean seriously, there’s a fuck ton of stuff we gotta buy. I highly doubt we even need half the stuff here.

Next day.

We’re all at Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall. It’s a huge place, way bigger than your average shopping mall. I really like it. There are a couple of reasons, but it’s mainly because it has a tropical vibe to the whole place. Should I build some on my private island…

Kyoka- “I need to get a new duffel bag.”

Momo- “I’ll go with you then.”

Denki- “I need some rugged outdoor footwear.”

Toru- “Me too.”

Tenya- “Our manuals recommend some ‘well-worn footwear’! Ah! Or, should we focus on utility instead…”

Eijiro- “Well it looks like we all need different things. Let’s all split up and meet back at the designated time!”

And so we all went our own way. Izuku ended up alone. Things went as it should. Our very own dry boi Tomura Shigaraki omae wa mou shinderu’d Izuku and appeared behind him outta nowhere. He grabbed his neck but stopped Izuku from making a scene.

Good, don’t attract any attention. It’s fine. I'm here after all.

Normally I would be completely fine with letting things play out as it is. After all, I'm confident that Tomura will want to avoid getting caught by any pro heroes in the area. But…

[A quest has generated.]

[Mall Crasher

Tomura Shigaraki will end up killing Izuku Midoriya after he meets with him at the Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall. Make sure Tomura does not kill Izuku, but do not prevent their meeting.

Reward: Skill: Lucky Draw

Failure Condition: Izuku Midoriya dies, Tomura gets captured/killed, their meeting does not take place.

Failure: Death.]

The quest system always lets me know whenever something is about to go differently than from canon. This time it looks like my presence here is finally causing some butterfly effects to appear. As time continues more things will go out of line that I have to put back.

Oh well, that’s what I'm here for in the first place. Furthermore, [Sixth Sense] is telling me to get this [Lucky Draw] skill no matter the cost. Why? I don’t know. I am unable to tell exactly what the quest rewards are until I actually receive them.

I use my neuro linker to monitor Izuku’s condition and use [Vector Manipulation] to enhance my senses. I'm pretty far away, and the location we’re in doesn’t make things better with all the ambient noise.

 Tomura- “… hate everyone and everything. But what really ticks me off right now is the Hero Killer.”

Izuku- “Wasn’t he working with you?”

Tomura- “Not really but society seems to think so. The attack on USJ, the Nomu’s I unleashed on Hosu… All of it has been overshadowed by ‘him’. No one is noticing me. Why?”

Izuku- “The Hero Killer Stain… even though his methods are wrong, I can understand him. But for you, even though your methods are wrong, I don’t understand you. I think he’s trying to live by his ideals. It’s not just for fun.”

Saying that Izuku looks Tomura directly in the eye. With my enhanced senses, I can see.

His eyes never shook.

Honestly, I'm surprised. I guess that’s the protagonist for you. Even with his life on the line, he can look his enemy in the eye. Don’t get me wrong. He’s sweating. He’s shaking. His heartbeat is a mess. But that just makes it even more impressive.

Tomura- “Ah… I see. I feel like I finally understand. About why the Hero Killer pisses me off somehow, and why you and that white-haired brat are so irritating.”

‘White-haired brat’? Is he talking about me? Excuse me, what the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and-

Tomura- “I think it’s about time to end this.”

Oh shit. I pick up signs that Tomura is activating his quirk. As soon as I notice it, I, who is sitting on the roof of the mall looking down at Izuku’s and Tomura’s conversation through a sniper scope of a gauss sniper rifle, pull the trigger.

*THOOOM!*

A shot going at supersonic speeds fires straight towards Tomura’s head.

This is the second reason I like this place. It has an open roof, so I can do something like this.

‘Oh, Arata, if Tomura dies, won’t the timeline start heading to the shithole?’

True, if he dies, we’re all fucked. However, I doubt it’s as simple as it seems. Tomura came all this way alone. Normally, this would be something that flew over my head and I would think of it as normal.

But since I got a quest for this situation, I started thinking more deeply into it, and I found it weird. Why is Tomura not afraid of killing Izuku? He will kill him if I did nothing about it, the quest confirmed it. But why is he willing to do so? Why is he here, out in the open, risking himself by taking a walk in a public area?

The answer I came to? He must have something to fall back on. Kurogiri, perhaps. Even if Tomura wanted to come here alone, there’s no way Kurogiri and All for One will just let Tomura do whatever the fuck he wants, at least not without a guardian of some sort.

Furthermore, it seems Tomura is aware of his protector, otherwise, he wouldn’t do any of this.

As I predicted, a black fog immediately covers Tomura and warps the bullet I shot from my gauss sniper back into the air.

A pair of yellow eyes appear for a brief second within the fog, and they look in my direction.

Kurogiri.

I'm not afraid, though. Normally I would hide, or maybe cover myself in an invisibility field, but I don’t. Instead, I look right back at him through the sniper scope.

My intent is clear. Leave, or get another shot.

He sees this and decides it isn’t time yet. A few seconds later, both Kurogiri and Tomura disappear.

I stand up, sling the gauss sniper rifle over my shoulder, and walk back through the roof entrance.

???- “Hey. You! What are you doing here!”

Damnit, someone just had to ruin my cool moment!

 

A/N: Chapter over! I sped through the first part but I put more attention in the second part!

MC: I have a question. I shot that bullet at supersonic speeds. How the fuck did Kurogiri react in time to redirect it with his warp gates?

AN: Bullshit science and anime logic.

MC: Ah I see that makes sense.

Tomura: It’s more of the fact that Author here doesn’t want to kill me and made some bullshit reason.

MC: True, he would do something like that…

Kurogiri: I second that.

AN: YOU GUYS!

60