Chapter 58 OP skill question mark?
2k 7 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s now 5 pm, we finally make it out of the forest. 

Pixie-Bob- “They’re finally here!”

Pixie-Bob says as she watches us stumble out of the forest completely tired. Well, I'm not tired, my stamina is very high after all. Furthermore, all fatigue I get is completely gone after 30 minutes of rest due to [Gamer’s Body].

Needless to say… we didn’t make it in time for lunch.

Hanta- “ ‘It’ll only take 3 hours’… yeah right.”

Mandalay- “Sorry! that’s how long we would've taken.”

That power gap tho.

Pixie-Bob- “Well, we thought you’d take a lot longer. And you all dealt with my Earth Beasts pretty well. Especially… you five.”

She finishes off by pointing at me, then Izuku, Shoto, Tenya, and then Katsuki.

The thing is, her eyes have a familiar predatory look. It’s the same eyes Rumi has when she needs her ‘itch’ to be scratched.

Pixie-Bob- “Gonna have fun with you guys 3 years from now! I'm marking you as mine!”

And then she proceeds to spit on us. Of course, I'm not a simp, so I just casually reflect them. The others aren’t as fortunate as me though. [Vector Manipulation] OP.

Speaking of which, I don’t understand why she’s interested in me. Although I took care of the first earth beast, I barely stepped forward. At least, not as much as everyone else.

I was asked to stay back, actually. If I took the lead we would’ve been able to arrive in under 4 hours. But since the teachers knew that, they told me of their plans beforehand and just told me to only assist now and again. 

Remember, I'm technically a second-year student, and I also have some teacher privileges.

Izuku- “Hey, I've been wondering, but who’s that kid?”

Mandalay- “Oh, he’s my nephew, Kota.”

Kota Izumi, an unfortunate boy that happens to hate heroes. His parents were heroes, but they died from a villain attack when he was young. His mind at the time couldn't understand it and thought they just abandoned him. Now, he understands it’s not their fault, but he grew up hating heroes. You can't change someone’s childhood just by saying it’ll be alright/

Izuku- “Hi. I'm Izuku Midoriya, from U.A’s highschool hero course.”

Arata- “Ah, Izuku, I would get away from there if I were you.”

But it was too late.

*Crack*

Izuku now is destined to be the last of his bloodline. Rest in peace…

(A/N: Izuku isn’t actually crippled ‘down there’, don’t worry.)

We got told to head inside the building to drop our things off (I don’t need to, Inventory-chan got my back) and then head to the dining hall for dinner.

We quickly arrived at the dining hall and inhaled the food. 

Unfortunately, although it’s good, it still can't match up to Uncle Roger…

Finally, it’s bath time in the open-air hot springs. To be honest, I've rarely ever been to hot springs. I don’t hate them, I just never bothered with them outside of the occasional curiosity I get.

Nothing much happened, I didn’t bother trying anything, I just let the events flow. Minoru tried peeking into the girl's side of the bath, but Kota was waiting at the top of the walls. He pushed Minoru off, accidentally got a look at the girl's side of the bath himself before passing out and falling, having Izuku jump out and break his fall.

I hope that little shit didn’t see Momo or else, little kid or not, he bout to get an ass beating…

As for Toru… well, she’s invisible. I don’t need to worry.

And just like that, the day ended and everyone went to sleep.

It was during the night, while I was meditating to improve my mental stats, I started to feel something.

(A/N: Remember that MC meditates to replace sleep. It also improves his INT and WIS stats, so it’s quite convenient.)

It’s like a wall. No, not a wall. More like a door. A giant heavy door. Instinctively, I knew that this is some kind of bottleneck for me. Something that I have to overcome to continue my growth. My growth of what you ask?

[Vector Manipulation].

Every time I break through a ‘Level Threshold’ and enter the next level, I always feel some kind of bottleneck. This is probably what espers feel whenever they try to break into the next level.

Some people have enough potential to push open the ‘door’ and walk through it, some people reach the limit of their potential in front of this ‘door’. Of course, Accelerator is easily part of the former, thus I am too.

This ‘door’ is heavier than the other ‘doors’ I've opened. Don’t get me wrong though, that doesn’t mean it’s hard. Not even a minute later I completely push open the metal door, and my mental abilities increase to a whole new level. I feel a rush of something like cool water flow through my mind before it calms down.

Is this what Level 5 feels like? Damn, I really am jealous. The other Level 5’s were able to feel like this all the time? 

Living in this world, if you’re interested in heroes, it’s like an instinct to be a fan of All Might. It’s the same with me. I've watched a lot of videos on the internet and on the news about All Might and a lot of his fights too. Naturally, it’s not to the degree of Izuku.

And being a fan of All Might, I also have a good understanding of his strength.

If I were to be hit by All Might at full power, I honestly doubted I could take a full force punch. Now, however…

I can say with full confidence that even if All Might were in his prime, if he hit me with his full strength, I can easily take it. Multiple hit’s at that.

Arata- “Status.”

[Name: Arata Daishin
Occupation: The Gamer
Level: LV 71    Next Level: 65.78%

HP: 8,800/8,800
Mental: 100,020/100,020
Mana: ???/???

STR: 90
VIT: 88
DEX: 168
INT: 10,002 (5001)
WIS: 10,002 (5001)
LUK: 268

Stat Points: 0
Money: $44,937,365,856

Affinity:
Space: 100
Time: 100

Skills:
Gamer's Mind LV MAX
Gamer's Body LV MAX
Existence Lost LV MAX
Physical Endurance LV 80
Unarmed Mastery LV 90
Parallel Processing LV MAX
Cooking LV 73
Sixth Sense LV 51
Poker Face LV 11
Lewd LV MAX

Esper: Vector Manipulation LV MAX
Kaleidoscope LV MAX
Quirk: Self Reprogramming LV 92
Observation LV MAX
Create ID LV 35
Escape ID LV 35
Perpetual Meditation LV 31
Limited Creation LV 31
Lucky Draw LV ???]

Ignore that lewd skill.

My INT and WIS stats have completely broken through the 10,000 thresholds. However, even with 10,000 points, I'm still only at Level 5. A completely newborn Level 5 at that. Right now, if I were to go head to head against Accelerator, I would lose. If my estimates are right, in his prime, he should have an average of 80,000 in his mental stats. What a monster…

Even though my talent isn’t as good as the original, I have my own way of getting stronger. Undoubtedly, within a decade, I can reach the mythical Level 6. I can feel it. I wonder… what happens if I do reach Level 6?

Doesn’t matter. My other evolved skills are levelling nicely too. Although I never mentioned it, the evolution function is working nicely as intended. A couple of my LV MAX skills have evolved and reset to LV 1. I'm not complaining though.

[Perpetual Meditation] is a skill that evolved from the [Meditation] skill. It's exactly the same but now I am constantly meditating whether I'm actively using it or not. It works better if I'm concentrating on it, however.

[Limited Creation] evolved from the [Manufacturing] skill. [Manufacturing] allowed me to instantly make something as long as I have a blueprint or recipe and ingredients. [Limited Creation] works exactly like that but now I don’t need recipes.

[Degenerate] was combined with the skill during its evolution. As a side effect, I can now create anything as long as I have the materials. I don’t need concrete detailed designs, as long as I have a clear idea of what I want to make, the skill takes care of everything else. This will be very useful on things I don’t have much knowledge on how to make. Magic items, for example.

What really draws my attention is the [Lucky Draw] skill. Although I got it a few days ago, I didn’t really take a good look at it. I guess now is a good time.

[Lucky Draw LV ??? (Active)
Draws a card from an Astral Plane that will have a random effect or item. Using it will consume the card unless the card has multiple charges. 
Effect: Draws a Lucky Card.
Cooldown: 1 day.]

Draws a Lucky Card from an Astral Plane? The fuck kind of chuuni shit is this? You know what, I'm not going to question it. But still, this is the first time a skill of mine has a cooldown. I don’t think that’s fair, after all, how good can the cards I draw even be?

[Lucky Draw]

Specks of tiny glowing lights appear and converge together, slowly creating a card floating in front of me. Once the light dies down, I grab the card and read what it says.

[Card: Resurrection (Conditional Automatic Activation)
Effect: Resurrects the user one time upon death. The soul must not be damaged.]

… Eh?

 

A/N: New chapter is here and done!

MC: Hold up. The fuck is this?

AN: What do you mean?

MC: This Lucky Draw skill! What's up with it?

AN: What do you mean? It's exactly what it says?

MC: But it's so OP! I only used it once and now I have a second life! 

AN: Yes.

MC: ...

AN: ...

Tomura: I'm fucked aren't I?

AN: Oh hell yes you are.

Let me know if I missed something please!

60