Chapter 59 Training and Egg
1.9k 17 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day, 5:30 AM.

Everyone gathered in front of Aizawa-sensei. Except for a few students including me, everyone else is struggling to not collapse and fall back asleep on the spot.

Aizawa- “Today, the real training camp begins. To start, here Arata. Throw this.”

He then threw a ball at me. Looking at it closer, it’s the ball used at the quirk apprehension test. I recall that originally Katsuki should’ve been chosen to throw it since he got first place. But because I'm in a special position, I just so happen to be a good example maker.

But that wasn’t exactly a good choice. Just last night I broke into Level 5. Even though it was only recently and I've only just stepped into the ranks, it’s still Level fucking 5. If I really did my best, I can throw the ball back to school.

But I won't. This is just an example after all.

Aizawa- “Your record at the apprehension test was 1356 meters. How much have you grown since then?”

I know exactly how much I have grown, courtesy of the status page, and I have grown a fuck ton. But I shouldn’t show it off. Not now. I end up just ramping up the momentum of the ball to just above the same level as I did at the test.

*Thoom!*

Aizawa- “1361 meters.”

Toru- “Eh? I thought it would’ve been much further… it’s Onii-chan after all.”

Her instincts are scary.

Aizawa- “You have grown a lot, true, but it’s mostly your mental states and your techniques. Your quirks themselves are lagging behind. Starting today, you’ll improve on your quirks. Try not to die.”

I'm sure you are very inspiring, Aizawa-sensei. I bet everyone is just rearing to go after that talk.

We went to the area designated for us and the whole Pussycats team meet us there. Apart from Mandalay and Pixie-Bob who we already met, their other two teammates who we didn’t meet yesterday are also here.

Ragdoll, who I already mentioned, and her quirk Search.

And the other, Yawara Chatora AKA Tiger and his quirk Pilabody. His quirk allows him to stretch and flatten his own body at will, allowing for inhuman flexibility.

After that, things didn’t change, everyone did their own training. Katsuki had to make more explosions, Ochako got stuck rolling around in a zorb, Momo had to create a shit ton of stuff, so on, so forth.

As for me… well, I got the easiest of them all. Meditation. Because my ‘quirk’ works through calculations and is classified as a mental emitter type, I had to train by increasing my mental capabilities.

In the beginning, I was told to increase my mental capabilities by constantly doing equations. But with 10k in INT and WIS, the type of equations I had to do to increase my mental capabilities would take 100 Albert Einsteins working together over a week just to figure one of them out.

Yeah, 10k stats in INT and WIS can make me think of things I never did before. For example, I thought ‘… what if I just use the quirk suppressing cuffs on Toru? Won’t that solve the invisibility problem?’

And then I realised that although I may be a genius, I am also a dumbass.

(A/N: I forgot about this, thank you Ammodeux for reminding me!)

So obviously training that way ended up getting crossed off the board, but then I just asked them if I could do what I always did to train, and they agreed.

So here I am, sitting cross-legged under a tree with my eyes closed meditating. Since I have [Perpetual Meditation], I can increase my INT and WIS passively all time of the day. But it works better if I'm fully meditating. Honestly, it’s very peaceful…

-----

(Third Person POV)

While Arata is immersed in meditating, he didn’t notice the commotion that he’s causing. Well, not so much as a commotion, but more of making a shocking sight.

Because Arata only recently hit Level 5, furthermore the boost in power with [Vector Manipulation] is a lot bigger than any Level ‘breakthrough’ he went through before, he didn’t know he still did not have absolute 100% control over his new strength.

AIM Diffusion Field. Otherwise known as An Involuntary Movement Diffusion Field. Something all espers unconsciously release, like how all human naturally release body heat. Each AIM field has different effects relative to their esper abilities.

For example, Misaka Mikoto, a Level 5 esper in Academy City. She has quite a large AIM field which constantly produces a tiny amount of electricity. It’s completely harmless. But it’s there nonetheless.

Arata has one as well. His AIM field will constantly move things randomly around him. Of course, its incredibly weak, especially since [Vector Manipulation] only works through a medium or direct contact with the user.

But now, since Arata reached Level 5, his AIM field is stronger. But it shouldn’t be stronger by much. At most, if before, the AIM field would only be able to barely move an incredibly small crumb of bread, now it can only move a slightly bigger crumb of bread.

But, what if Arata doesn’t have complete control over his newly buffed ability? What if the parts he can't control is flowing randomly and boosting his AIM field? Then that would make a difference.

Arata is now currently cross-legged with his hands resting on his knees with his eyes closed… while floating about 30cm off the ground.

Yes, he’s fucking levitating. Not only that, but a calm breeze is constantly blowing around him as well, making his hair flow along with it.

Everyone in the class looked over at least once or twice during their training session today and thought ‘Damn if only I could train like that’. And they have good reason too, if not for his completely average looks, he would’ve looked like a fairy.

Toru is looking a lot more often with sparkling eyes filled with worship. Momo is glancing over at him every few minutes before blushing lightly and concentrating on her own training. Who knows, maybe to them, Arata already looks like a fairy.

More time passes and it’s nearing the end of the training session, Arata’s AIM field finally calmed down and everything went to normal. No more floating, no more wind, Arata completely controlled his excess power.

As for what just happened, Arata will never know…

-----

(MC POV)

I get up and stretch. I've been sitting all day after all and now it’s close to dusk. Everyone is packing up and getting ready for dinner.

We’re having ‘that’ for today, wasn’t it? I swallow back some saliva that almost slipped out of my mouth.

I get up and join the others on their way to the outdoor kitchen where we’ll make our dinner.

Pixie-Bob- “Like we said yesterday, you’re going to have to make your own food from now on!”

Ragdoll- “Today is curry!”

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!

*Ahem*

Sorry, I got too excited. Thank you Poker Face.

What? I really like curry.

(A/N: Bitch me too.)

And so we all had to make our own curry. Needless to say, I carried the fuck out of everyone. No way in hell am I letting those inexperienced hands touch my god damn curry. I ended up doing most of the work. Of course, no one complained when the curry finally finished.

They all cried.

It’s the end of the day and we’re all heading off to sleep. But just before I do…

[Lucky Draw]

It has a cooldown of 1 day so I have to make use of it when I can.

Motes of light appear and gather together to form a card floating in front of me. I grab it and I look at it to see what it is.

[Egg Upgrade Card (Manual Activation)

Using this card will upgrade an egg. Use it wisely.]

.

.

.

With a blank expression and almost zero thoughts, I open my inventory and take out the egg I used to remind Izuku about Full Cowling at the apprehension test on the first day and for the scavenger hunt at the sports festival…

And I just stare at it.

Even all the chibi me’s in my head stopped moving and just stared at it with me.

Finally, I get the [Egg Upgrade Card] and use it on the egg. The egg glows for a second before it went back to normal.

Let’s go back to sleep.

 

A/N: …

MC: …

AN: …

MC: …

AN: So…

MC: … Yeah?

AN: … the egg?

MC: … I don’t wanna talk about it…

AN: … Ok.

Let me know if I missed something!

58