Chapter 73 My name Jeff 6 (Finale)
1.6k 7 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 73 My name Jeff 6

(Third Person POV)

From the moment the destruction-infused tornado radius expanded, heavily injuring Rumi Usagiyama, and Arata finding her before going berserk was only a few seconds. But to him, it felt like several hours, trapped in a constant question-and-answer loop, wanting to find an answer for what he should do.

Should he protect Rumi, or should he kill All for One?

Eventually, after exhausting his mental capabilities to its limits, he arrived at an answer.

*BOOOM!*

Black energy in the form of wings sprout from his back, reaching up high into the sky, its form constantly fluctuating as if not physically there.

Arata’s eyes normally filled with wisdom and playfulness have dulled, now looking not much different from the eyes of a puppet. But, that doesn’t mean he’s unconscious. He’s still very well aware of what’s going on.

[Awakening process 9% complete.]

The percentage continues increasing further and further with each passing second. If there was a problem, however…

[Gamer’s Mind has suppressed mental corrosion.]

[Gamer’s Mind has suppressed mental corrosion.]

[Gamer’s Mind has suppressed mental corrosion.]

[Gamer’s Mind has failed to suppress mental corrosion.]

When that message popped up, Arata felt something.

‘My emotions are getting suppressed the more the percentage increases. No, not my emotions. My will itself. Why? Accelerator never experienced this. Maybe because I only barely reached Level 5 only a few days ago? I'm unable to properly use this Awakening to its full potential.’

After a few more seconds, he came to a conclusion.

‘I will turn into a mentally crippled shell if this number reaches 100%. [Gamer’s Mind] can't hold back the mental corrosion, but it can slow it down. I have to finish this quickly then.’

All for One- “I… can't be killed here!”

An ominous feeling pours out of All for One’s body kneeling on the ground. The more that ominous energy poured out, the less the suppression coming from Arata affected him. However, if you look closely, you can see a fracture running along his arm, like a crack in a glass pane.

‘Killed? Ah, he must have thought I was now using my full power from all the mana spewing out of me… Awakening, was it? If I remember correctly, it occurs when a high-level esper experiences some kind of emotional shock. It allows the usage of both esper and magic abilities. If that’s the case…’

The rainbow-coloured mana surrounding Arata flared for a bit before disappearing altogether, along with Arata, instantly reappearing behind All for One.

All for One reacted quickly, turning around to face him. But, he was still too slow.

*VOOM!*

A palm strike directly in the centre of his chest, causing it to erupt, leaving a gaping hole behind as it slowly tries to recover.

‘He reacted? That means he sensed me. Or rather, my overwhelming mana. It’s very hard to keep the mana inside me and stop it from flowing out. But… that doesn’t matter.’

Arata quickly teleported from one place to another quickly enough to make it seem he’s in 2 different places at once, striking into All for One’s blind spots. Each strike had the literal weight of the world so, within a quick few seconds, All for One is battered and struggling to stay conscious.

[Awakening process 56% complete.]

Arata, who is also struggling to keep his thoughts in check, stares down at All for One.

He didn’t realise it at first, but there was one emotion, or rather, one thought, that wasn’t getting suppressed by the Awakening. It was the choice he chose that manifested his black wings that reach up into the sky.

Kill All for One.

The choice he chose that is the reason for his will being suppressed is now the only part of his will that isn’t being suppressed.

And now that unsuppressed will is affecting his thoughts. His rage is slowly but surely overpowering any other thought in his mind.

Kill All for One. Kill All for One. Kill All for One. Kill All for One. Kill All for One. Kill All for One…

As he looks down at the battered body of the target of his rage, he slowly stretches out his hand to touch All for One for what he felt like would have been the last time.

All for One- “*Cough* As if I'm going down alone…!”

Those words caused Arata to hesitate. He’s smart. He knows what All for One is trying to say, but he can't do anything else until he clears his rage away. But because of his suppressed will and overwhelming anger, that attempt to regain clarity manifested in hesitation. And that was all All for One needed.

Rivet Stab.

All for One’s fingers turned black with red lines running through them. They quickly extended and in no time, reached Rumi. By the time Arata regained enough mental capabilities to move again… it was already too late.

The deadly fingers were already stabbing towards Rumi’s head, neck, and heart. Arata could teleport using [Kaleidoscope] like he already has been, but it will take a lot longer because his Awakening his focused on killing All for One. And that doesn’t include saving her.

Arata- “Rumi!”

Arata screamed out from the bottom of his heart, hoping she would somehow hear his desperate call as she would always do and jump out of the way. Unfortunately, his dreams were dashed.

*Stab!*

*Stab!*

*Stab!*

All of All for One’s Rivet Stab attacks punctured into flesh and made a despair-inducing sound.

???- “*Cough’s blood*”

But… it wasn’t Rumi who they stabbed into.

???- “It’s alright… Arata-shounen… I… Am… Here…!”

Arata- “All… Might…?”

Out of nowhere, All Might appeared right in front of the unconscious mangles body of Rumi Usagiyama and took all the hits for her.

Never before have I felt so relieved that All Might was here.

All for One, seeing this sight and despairing, decided to just let go, and fell into unconsciousness.

Meanwhile, All Might, who saw that All for One has been defeated…

Collapsed onto the floor.

 

A/N: This is the moment I was waiting for! This climax! I apologise for any frusturation you felt during the past few chapters. I know MC should have been able to absolutely destroy All for One in just a few seconds, but I REALLY wanted to write a scene like this. Next time I guess MC will just stop holding back and will just deal with everything as simple as possible.

MC: Wait, seriously? Wooh!

AN: Maybe. It depends on what the readers think.

MC: True, we have to keep what they want in mind. Maybe just let loose for this world and go back to being inconspicuous when he travels to another world? Or vice versa, play inconspicuous in this world like always and just let loose in the next world?

AN: Or just outright let loose forever? So yeah comment and let us know.

MC: I'm so hoping to absolutely floor some cocky villains though…

AN: Who knows. Really, who knows.

Let me know if I missed anything.

52