Chapter 77 Nothing much happened and Egg
1.6k 15 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All Might is now dead. The world of heroes is in an uproar.

On the other hand, I managed to save Ragdoll from having her quirk stolen while preventing a lot of other heroes from getting hurt.

Honestly, it’s a bit hard to tell whether this is a good or bad outcome. It’s not like I can change things now… well, I can, I just have to [Awaken] and use [Kaleidoscope] to go back in time. But I won't. I don’t know if the timeline can handle any more tampering and I honestly don’t want to test it out.

The next day arrived and I wake up as a refreshed man.

Eh? Shouldn’t I be a dried husk? Haha! Well, Rumi is injured too. Furthermore, I didn’t give her any nutrient fluids. Long story short, I won.

(A/N: We don’t want the short story, give us the long one.)

Afterwards, after promising to call each other, she left to do her hero thing while I recovered (thank you nutrient fluids) and was able to leave the hospital.

As soon as I stepped out of the hospital, however…

???- “Aaaaaraaaaaataaaaaa!”

Did I have that many A’s in my name?

OOF!

What is up with girls and jumping at me? I look down at the perpetrator that took off half my HP.

Blue hair and eyes filled with endless curiosity. Yup, I expected it to be her.

Arata- “What’s up, Nejire?”

Nejire- “Hey hey, you’re already out of the hospital?”

Arata- “Yes.”

Nejire- “Did you heal already? Was it because of your machines?”

Arata- “Yes.”

Nejire- “Then that villain didn’t hurt you as much as I thought?”

Arata- “He did.”

Nejire- “Then he was a tough guy?”

Arata- “You bet.”

Nejire- “Are you ok?”

I pause, look deep into her eyes with concern now replacing her curiosity, and I smile.

Arata- “Yeah. I'm ok.”

I smile at her as best I could. I'm not lying though, sure, I'm in a weakened state, but it will disappear in around a dozen hours. Furthermore thanks to [Gamer’s Body] I'm not hurting anywhere and my severed arm returned.

She smiles in response before immediately firing off one question after the other as we walk down the road. How strong was All for One? What quirk did he use? Was it scary?

A lot of questions about the fight were asked, and I answered every single one of them. Well, those that I could answer without it being some kind of secret. It’s not like I could tell her he was an immortal villain overlord from the age of chaos, could I?

I mean, I could, but there’s no merit.

During our question and answer session, she never once lost her smile as she enthusiastically walked circles around me. It mostly has to do with the fact that I could keep up with her way of rapidly asking questions.

Unfortunately, it was already nearing dusk when I left the hospital so we didn’t have much time. Before long, she said her goodbyes and left. Oh, as an aside, apparently the reason why she didn’t visit when I was stuck in a hospital is because her guardian, pro hero Ryuko, being one of the top 10 heroes, is stuck dealing with the aftermath of All Might’s death.

I knew that. And honestly, I'm quite happy she even made time to see me.

And just like that, the day ended.

Many days later, it’s now time for school to start again. Eh? What was that? Why the fuck are we having such a massive timeskip? Because nothing special happened. I just wandered around dealing with stray villains here and there. Oh, and when I say ‘I’, I mean Jarvis with the Iron Man suit. Now, the Iron Man suit is seen as a sort of hero among the average populace and a menace to the law enforcers. The hero acts without a hero licence is illegal after all.

Anyway, for the dorm system, U.A is setting up, nothing much changed. In fact, the parents are even more approving of the system than their canon counterparts. After all, with the recent medical technology advancements, the students can even regrow an arm, so they’re not as worried. Of course, it’s mostly… no, it’s ALL thanks to yours truly.

(A/N: Look at this cocky little shit?)

Oh yeah, I wasn’t slacking off either. I finally cracked the code for nanotech! Yes! Nanotech! So now I can make nanomachines and make my suit work exactly like Infinity War Iron Man.

Of course, I cheated a bit. I used [Limited Creation] to make the thing first before I took it apart and saw how it worked. Once I got a look at the insides my research reached the extremes. Of course, I can get more knowledge, but I dare say I understand more about it than any other human will understand in the next century.

So yeah, now I always wear the jacket Accelerator used during World War 3. A white winter jacket with a white fur hood attached. Very stylish. And it works nicely with my hair.

When I want my hero costume, I just pull some strings attached to the jacket to turn it from a comfy loose jacket into a form-fitting one as the neuro linker controls all the nanobots to cover me to make my suit.

Yeah, I copied Tony Stark, sue me. It was a memorable and awesome suit-up scene and I want to do it too.

The best part is, because of various factors, I was allowed to wear this everywhere at school.

Thank you LUK stat for your help again. Now I can keep up my coolness factor even at school.

Should I make them for everyone else too?

Pfft! Yeah right, that would be bad. I can't believe I even thought of that. Imagine the consequences if this tech gets out. So yeah, that’s a big no.

So yeah, that’s what happened during the time skip. Eh? Didn’t I say nothing much changed? Details, details! Ignore that!

As an aside, for [Lucky Draw], I mostly pulled more [Probability Allowance] cards to make up for the probability debt I have to the world.

Yeah. “Mostly”. Which means I didn’t always pull probability cards. What else did I pull? Well…

[Egg Hatching Set.

A set to reduce the time needed to hatch your egg by 99%.

WARNING: Eggs maintained by this set have sometimes gained consciousness and conquered a world. Use at your own discretion.]

.

.

.

With a blank expression and almost zero thoughts, I open my inventory and take out the egg I used to remind Izuku about Full Cowling at the apprehension test on the first day, for the scavenger hunt at the sports festival, and what I used the Egg Upgrade card on.

And I just stare at it.

Even all the chibi me's in my head stopped moving and just stared at it with me.

Finally, I get the [Egg Hatching Set] and use it on the egg. The egg becomes covered with some strange energy that seems very similar to my [Kaleidoscope] mana before disappearing back into the inventory.

That day, I just went home.

 

A/N: Egg.

MC: I dont want to talk about it. Please.

AN: Ok ok. But Yeah, about the cringe moments from last chapter...

MC: Yeah, it seems the readers want me to try and take the leade role.

AN: I'll try and keep the cringe levels as low as possible...

MC: Please... Im begging you...

Let me know if I missed something!

49