Chapter 79 I gave everyone a little something and bribed everyone so I could win.
1.5k 6 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arata- “Welcome to my humble abode!”

I say as I open the doors to my room. We’re just finishing up the dorm room competition and my room happened to be last since it’s placed a bit out of the way of everyone else’s room.

Toru- “Onii-chan’s room…”

Momo- “Arata’s room…”

Izuku- “Arata’s room.”

Everyone else- “Arata’s room…”

It’s…

Everyone- “Normal!?”

Yes, that’s right, it’s completely normal. There’s a bed, there’s a table next to the bed, there’s a closet, there’s a shelf with many miscellaneous things like books and figures, and there are some wall decorations to finish everything off. Besides that, the walls are white while the floor is carpeted in black.

It’s completely normal. In fact, it’s very similar to my room back in Daishin-sensei’s hero school I lived in before he died.

What’s that? Am I really going to settle for a simple plain room like this?

Of course not! There are many things hidden all over the place, and all of them are high tech stuff. But they’ll only be revealed once a certain hidden button is pushed. No one will find it! AHAHAHA-

Minoru- “Hey, what’s this button?”

*Click*

Minoru, who was wandering around my room, most likely looking for my secret porn stash which I don’t have (it’s all in my neuro linker, baaaaka!), looked under my table and found a certain protruding red button sticking out a bit.

Seeing that, curiosity got the better of him as he thought that it’s a button to reveal the porn stash, which again, I don’t have.

Jarvis- “Sir Arata has been confirmed to be present. Stand by.”

The AI Jarvis sounds out throughout the room as many sounds start coming from the walls. Very soon many different panels on the wall flip around, the bed retreats into the ground and the workbench replaces it and the whole room undergoes a complete makeover.

Screens, tools, and many different items unable to be identified at first glance reveal themselves from their hidden positions. Finally, after 10 seconds, everything stops. What’s left is a high tech lab build for efficiency and maybe some style.

Arata- “… OH DEAR ME THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING!”

I say as I overexaggerate my movements in an ‘embarrassed fashion. But in reality…

Keikaku doori!

Everything went perfectly according to plan! I knew Minoru would find the button due to his short height and I knew he would push it. If I really wanted to hide everything I would make it so only I can reveal the lab through my neuro linker.

Now, you may be wondering. Why would I expose everything like this? Well, that’s because…

Momo- “Arata…”

Toru- “Onii-chan…”

Momo/Toru- “So cool!”

For this moment!

My cute little sister is looking at me with her sparkling red eyes as it becomes even more cemented that her big brother is such a cool person!

Furthermore, Momo is looking at me like I'm some superhero who’s on a mission to save the world while she’s my civilian girlfriend who just recently discovered my secret identity.

Both of them are looking at me with revering eyes. This is it! Admire me! Your brother is such a cool person! Your lover is such a reliable person!

Jesus christ I sound like a narcissist. I shouldn’t do that again.

And, although I did this for style points, I decided to use this chance to give everyone a little something-something.

Izuku- “A-Arata… are these, perhaps…”

As expected, Izuku was the first one to notice. After he spoke out, everyone else looked over and noticed a certain display on a table off to the side.

The display is a board covered with foam used for displaying items, and embedded into the foam are 20 very familiar-looking devices.

Neuro Linkers.

Now now, before you go crazy saying ‘Oh, don’t do this’, hear me out. I'm going to leave this world within a year, and I'm planning to have these things mass-produced for the general populace after I'm gone anyway. I might as well show some special favour to my classmates and give these to them ahead of time.

What? Mass producing neuro linkers to the general populace is a bad idea? Accel World did it? Why can't I? Of course, I'm not planning to make computers and stuff completely obsolete and crash the industry either. The mass-produced neuro linkers will simply be ‘displays’. They need to connect to an actual computer to actually work.

Of course, the ones on the front of us are genuine neuro linkers, with a supercomputer embedded inside and everything.

And so, I decided to explain what these things are. At first, everyone noticed something on my neck appearing one day. They asked what it was because it didn’t exactly look simple and I just replied saying it was an experimental device.

Now, after my explanation, everyone knows what it is. A high tech device that’s a computer that fits on your neck that can be controlled with your mind. They were all amazed, especially when I revealed that I’ll be giving one to each of them.

At first, they declined for a couple of reasons. The first reason what because they knew how much this would cost, especially because this is groundbreaking tech. But once I told them that with my manufacturing facilities, making a single neuro linker only costs a bit more than the base material cost, they relaxed.

The second reason was that they were a bit scared. Don’t get me wrong, I would have been as well if I didn’t have confidence in my [Observation] ability letting me know there wasn’t anything to be scared of when I first got mine. After all, this thing will connect directly to your brain. That in itself sounds a bit scary.

But, once Izuku explained that I was wearing it for a few months already, and I guaranteed their safety, they relented and accepted the neuro linkers.

Equipping them is actually quite easy, after cracking the code for the neuro linkers a while ago, I could easily add a couple of things to them to keep them up to date. Yeah, I completely figured out how these bad boys work. So I added nanotechnology.

Hear me out, it won't be anything like making a suit from nothing. I restrained myself. But what it will do is slowly assimilate the neuro linker with their bodies overnight and by morning it should be fully functional.

Arata- “Quick and painless!”

With that, everyone relaxed that the ‘installation’ process is very simple and won't hurt a bit. It doesn’t matter if they’re heroes, getting operated on will be scary nonetheless. Thankfully I wouldn’t have to do that.

I already gave one to Katsuki since I knew he would be going to bed early and wouldn’t participate in the dorm competition. Furthermore, Rumi, Momo, Toru, and even Nejire already have one. I gave it to them a couple of days ago. Nejire was especially happy I didn’t forget her.

So yeah, the day ended and we all went to bed.

As an aside, I won the dorm competition by a landslide.

Denki and Minoru were complaining I bribed everyone by giving them neuro linkers but they were just joking around as they also ended up voting for me anyways.

 

A/N: I know a lot of people will be complaining about this but I dont exactly see what's wrong. I'm just pushing this world's tech forward a bit.

MC: You mean I'M pushing this world's tech forward. You didn't do anything.

AN: But-

MC: No buts! You only vaguely glossed over the fact that I figured everything out, but you don't know how they actually work, right? I'm the one doing all of this!

AN: Im the author though...

Toru: *Pats author's head* There there. 

AN: You're the only one who acts nice to me. *Sniffle*

Let me know if I missed something! 

50