Chapter 82 Breakfast with some stat update stuff
1.4k 13 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next morning.

*Sssssssssssss*

I move the tongs in my hand around in the pan as I shift the bacon around on it to make sure it doesn’t stick. The oil and the bacon continue to meet creating a seductive sizzling sound as the smell wafts around the dorm.

I'm making breakfast. But it’s not just for me.

Originally, the other students and I would head to the cafeteria, but some students in the class surprisingly can't wake up as early in the mornings. In the end, they just skip breakfast altogether.

Feeling a bit of pity for them I decided to roll up my sleeves and put my [Cooking] skill to the works. Using the dorm kitchen, I ended up making breakfast for them. Of course, I don’t mind doing this, and everyone else is very happy with my decision too. After all…

“*Moan*”

My food is heavenly.

I turn around to look back at everyone sitting on the couches. I end up smiling seeing the comical scene of everyone collectively shovelling the food down their throats while moaning from the sheer pleasure the taste makes on their tongue.

Even the cool prince Shoto lost his cool. It’s a bit disgusting when the guys do that too, but… well, you win some, you lose some.

I finish up the last batch of bacon and eggs with a side of toast and bring it over to everyone else with my cup of coffee balanced on my head. What? My hands are full.

Meanwhile, I check the fruits of my genius-level grinding method I went through last night.

Status.

[Name: Arata Daishin
Occupation: The Gamer
Level: LV 93    Next Level: 55.18%

HP: 9,000/9,000
Mental: 112,020/112,020
Mana: ???/???

STR: 92
VIT: 90
DEX: 180
INT: 11,202 (5101)
WIS: 11,202 (5101)
LUK: 319

Stat Points: 170
Money: $412,937,365,856

Affinity:
Space: 100
Time: 100
Celestial: 10

Skills:
Gamer's Mind LV MAX
Gamer's Body LV MAX
Existence Lost LV MAX
Physical Endurance LV 85
Unarmed Mastery LV 93
Parallel Processing LV MAX
Cooking LV 80
Sixth Sense LV 64
Poker Face LV 29
Lewd LV MAX

Esper: Vector Manipulation LV MAX
Kaleidoscope LV MAX
Quirk: Self Reprogramming LV 95
Book of Existence LV 2
Create ID LV 40
Escape ID LV 40
Perpetual Meditation LV 46
Limited Creation LV 41
Lucky Draw LV ???
Awakening LV 10]

I levelled up 11 times. Yeah, amazing, right? I mean, in the beginning, the dragon only attacked once and I immediately levelled up, but that was because I was close to the next level anyways. But even so, this is the fastest I've ever levelled up in my life. Project Tekmaryo was amazing…

As for where it went, well, it disappeared. I mean, I made it from the metals found in the ID in the first place, if I brought it out, that would be nuts, because I could have a nearly infinite source of metal by creating an ID, taking all the metal in the world, and escaping the ID. After all, the ID can't affect the real world no matter what happens inside.

If I took the metal out, I would be creating something out of nothing. Even my [Limited Creation] skill needed materials to make something. And, like erasing atoms from the world, creating atoms is the work of God. And I can't do that… yet.

But I'm confused because although I couldn't take Tekmaryo with me, the monster drops could be taken out and used. Every monster Tekmaryo killed dropped items, and using the “Auto Loot” function of the Gamer ability, all the loot the monsters dropped flowed right into my inventory.

As for what they dropped…

[Health Potion x583,863
Magic stone x193,130
Dire Wolf Tooth x 2,877
Aviar Feather x1,248
…]

You get the idea. I didn’t bother reading everything but certain monsters have a chance of dropping certain parts. Furthermore, they have a chance of dropping something called a “Magic Stone”, which is like a condensed rock of mana, and most of the time, a health potion also drops. But…

[Health Potion
Consume or pour on a wound to use.
Effect: Restores 100 HP.]

*Glances at my 9k health pool*

*Glances as my [Vector Manipulation] skill*

Yeah, I don’t see much use in it. So I just sent some to Stark HQ to analyse it and let me know what it’s made of. I have a hunch that these other monster drops might have some kind of use.

This brings me back to the point I was trying to talk about before. Why could I bring the monster drops out but I couldn't do anything with Tekmaryo?

After pondering on it for a while, I hypothesised a conclusion.

What if the monster drops aren’t things created out of nothing? What if they’re taken from “someplace” and given to me after I killed a monster?

That would explain why I was only able to spawn monsters after I [Awakened] once because I was only able to use [Kaleidoscope] once I did. [Kaleidoscope] most likely “connected” me to that “someplace” that I was unable to reach before.

If so, thinking that the ID is just a “virtual world” will make much more sense. I enter that world, do whatever I want, kill monsters, get rewarded with items from “someplace”, and then leave.

If I think of entering and leaving the ID as “logging on” and “logging off”…

Ha. This really is a Gamer ability, isn’t it?

But what exactly is this “someplace”…

[…draws a card from an Astral Plane…]

Why did I remember the description of the [Lucky Draw] skill just now? An Astral Plane is it…

Enough of this, I won't come to an answer right now. Instead, I look at the rest of my stat screen. First off, I didn’t do this after my level ups from defeating All for One so I might as well do this now.

[LUK: 319 > 489

Stat Points: 170 > 0]

:)

All my other skills have levelled up. Create/Escape ID, for example. Now I can summon stronger monsters, which is good. The bosses that spawn in the ID last night were weak…

(A/N: Bitch, the average pro hero in this world will die facing one of those “weak” bosses.)

My [Observation] skill finally evolved too. It evolved into a skill called [Book of Existence]. It’s only LV 2 right now though.

Instead of showing me a stat page of its info like the previous [Observation] skill, this [Book of Existence] skill instead summons a book into my mind that I can read that has every single bit of information about the target. Its history, what it can be used for, everything.

Of course, maybe because of the low skill level, I can only read the simplest of information, but even that is substantial and tells me about as much as the MAX LV [Observation] skill can give me.

But there’s a little something about it…

[Book of Existence LV 2 (Active)

Finds a book of the target from the @%@$#!% &@C0^&@.]

A very simple explanation but it leaves me with many questions. This @%@$#!% &@C0^&@ also showed up in my [Awakening] skill description. Honestly, seeing it show up again is a little worrying. Did the [Awakening] skill affect the evolution of the [Observation] skill?

*Moan!*

The moans around me bring me back from my pondering. This specific moan came from Momo. She has more of a resistance to good food due to her rich upbringing so she was able to endure moaning all this time, but she ended up stumbling and failing to keep her voice to herself at the end. Haha, you can't escape my food!

But if there’s something different about it…

The [Lewd] skill that gives me a strong instinct to anything sexual and the [Sixth Sense] skill that gives me limited empathy let me know…

She ‘came’, didn’t she? She came from my food.

Yes! I have finally reached the realm of foodgasm! Haha!

Meanwhile, Momo, who sees me gloating at her misfortune, glares at me. But with her embarrassed feelings mixed with her flushed face, it just makes her a little more erotic.

 

A/N: I wanna cook food like that.

MC: Yeah, it's so nice to have this skill.

Nejire: I want some too!

Rumi: I haven't had Arata's food in a while... *Slurp*

Toru: No! Onii-chan made this for us!

Momo: Indeed. If you want some, wait your turn.

Nejire: Ho? You're going to stop me?

Rumi: If it's for Arata's food I wont hold back...

Toru: Neither will we!

Momo: We wont back down!

*Jojo menacing characters start appearing out of nowhere*

*Meanwhile, Author and MC are sitting on a couch off to the side chewing on popcorn while watching everything unfold. Of course, the popcorn is also food made by MC.*

Let me know if I missed anything!

51