Chapter 83 License exam starts and MC feels the cringe one again haha
1.5k 17 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So yeah, the routines continued day after day.

I make breakfast for everyone, we go to school, train our quirks and super moves in preparation for the licence exam under increased gravity. Once school is over, we head back to our dorms, finish up any homework we might have (it’s a school after all), and play around and have dinner.

Then, for me, I head into my room before grinding more levels for myself and my skills. But on Saturdays, I don’t stay up and grind levels. Although I enjoy seeing my stat numbers rise, it’s good to have a break.

And like that, the days pass by, and a couple of weeks later, it’s finally time for the provisional exam.

As an aside, during those two weeks, All Might’s funeral finally arrived. It was a big event and the whole of Japan, even those around the world, seemed to mourn his death.

(A/N: I totally forgot about All Might’s funeral. Thank you Shiro_Ippikikokami for reminding me!)

So yeah! Provisional license!

We hop off the bus where the exam is taking place. I won't bore you, things didn’t change much.

We hopped off, Shiketsu High School appeared.

They left, and Ketsubutsu Academy appeared.

After that, we also entered the building and dressed in our hero costumes. Of course, I'm not an idiot. I only formed my hero suit in private at our class’ costume change room. Remember, nanotech is a dangerous technology if used by the wrong people. The fewer people know about it, the better.

The rules for the actual exam are the same. Phase 1 of the exam starts with everyone wearing 3 pads, or “targets”, and 6 orange balls. Place the 3 targets anywhere on your body (as long as it isn’t hidden e.g under your feet) and do your best to protect them.

Meanwhile, you have to hit other people’s targets with the orange balls given to you. The orange balls are soft on the outside but have quite a bit of weight to them, so they’re quite suited to be thrown.

Immediately after the examiner explained everything, the whole building “opened up”. The walls and ceiling fell open revealing everyone to the exam area.

*Sigh*

These nonsensical events. Dear god help me.

Wait, fuck god.

I explained to everyone the fact that all the other participants should know who we are and our quirks. Furthermore I “predicted” that many people will come for us at first due to this. After all…

Arata- “The nail that sticks out is the first to get hammered down.”

Katsuki still ended up wandering off on his own, but I expected that, so I just told him to remember about the distress signal on his neuro linker. Not that I expect him to, with his personality but he should be fine with just the support the neuro linker can give.

Eijiro looked towards me and Katsuki, looking a little lost. I decide to bend a bit.

Arata- “Kirishima, can you keep an eye on him? Support him if needed.”

Eijiro- “O-of course!”

He seems relieved.

Shoto also decided to stay with the group. The only reason he left in the first place was that he couldn't attack without worries if we’re too close. But with the gauntlets, he could confine his powers into a smaller area.

Announcer- “5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Begin.”

The horn sounded off and immediately we get ambushed by a rain of orange balls. It was shown in the anime, but… holy shit there are a lot more than I thought. A quick glance and I can already count over 234 balls and it’s rapidly increasing.

(A/N: The fuck? You can count that many balls from “a quick glance”?)

Hmm… it should be fine for now.

Arata- “Looking down on us… Let’s make them regret it!”

Everyone- “Yeah!”

And they all spring into action.

The hail of orange keeps coming and everyone from the class counters in their own way, which shocks everyone watching. Huhuhu, the training they went through wasn’t for nothing after all.

But, although shocked, they aren’t just blindly throwing balls either. They start using their quirks to shake things up.

Previously, they were mostly taking a “wait and see” attitude but now things are starting to speed up.

Kyoka- “Heartbeat Distortion!”

Kyoka places her palms on the ground and inserts her ear jacks into the speaker gloves I gave her. Because they were specifically made by me for her, they can produce an insane amount of sound.

*vvvrrrrrrrrrRRRRRMMMMMM!*

*Crack!* *Crumble!*

The ground shatters and it stretches to the footholds of the enemy.

???- “Woah!”

???- “The ground-!”

They lost their balance which created a gap for our class to counterattack for a bit.

Arata- “Nice work Jiro.”

I ended up giving her a compliment for her quick thinking. She looks pleased with her work. Well, of course, she has every right to be. She shattered the ground in a 50-meter radius with just sound. Of course, she’s not the only one.

Izuku is doing his best to push back as many balls as he can with the wind pressure from his kicks, Mina is laying acid bombs everywhere turning this place into a minefield that only those with the neuro linker can see, Fumikage, Momo, Tenya, and so on are also doing their part.

But even so…

Arata- “It’s a bit too much isn’t it?”

I'm starting to think there are a lot more enemies than there should be, the orange colour is taking up most of the space in the air at this point. Why? It shouldn’t be like this. Calculating everyone’s actions also tell me that everyone in class 1A will end up failing whether they get split up or not. This is too much.

The only reason I can think of… is me.

Recently, there have been rumours by word of mouth that the person that fought All for One was someone from U.A Highschool. If these guys took that rumour seriously, then it makes more sense that they would deal with 1A with even more prejudice.

Even though I'm wearing my suit, no one knows it was me. I had Jarvis invert the colours of my suit when the fight with All for One was live-streamed to the world, with a few more changes here and there. The suit turned into a white colour with black highlights and neon red energy.

But they don’t know my identity. With Jarvis’ full control over the internet and my [Existence Lost] skill that hides me from all quirks that reveal my identity, they can't sniff me out. But rumours by word of mouth are a different thing.

So now it seems they’re dealing with us a lot more seriously than in canon.

If that’s the case… I guess it’s time for me to step up huh? I don’t like interfering too much with my classmates. It will be bad if they depend on me too much. They know this too, which is why they never asked for my help.

But in the end, this situation is slightly my fault. If so, I’ll deal with this.

I casually walk to the front of the fight while reflecting any ball that hits me.

???- “What!? I clearly saw it hit his target!”

???- “Oy! Disqualify this guy! His targets aren’t working!”

Such accusations are being thrown around. But I just ignore those plebs. If you have time to complain, achieve transcendence and use the laws of the world to break through my reflection or something.

(A/N: The fuck?)

I breathe out and raise my hand.

I'm gonna regret this.

Arata- “Storm Field.”

*Snap!*

I snap my fingers and winds that rival All for One’s final tornado spread out.

I snapped my fingers but I used [Vector Manipulation] to amplify the force. Then I constantly reflected the force from one finger to the next over and over until it reached a satisfactory level before releasing it, causing the pressure to explode and create a storm in my surroundings. The wind spread and forced all the enemies back, along with their balls.

*Beep!* *Beep!* *Beep!* *Beep!*

The orange balls flying at us turn around from the fierce wind and accurately hit many of the targets of the other examinees. Most of them only had two of their targets hit, however. I shouldn’t take all the prey.

And I just stand there, with the unharmed 1A students standing around me as they quickly turn the tables on everyone here. I bring my raised hand to the face of my helmet and cover it.

The enemies running away see this and think “So cool…”

But in reality, I think to myself.

“Storm Field”. Fuck, that was cringe. I hate the fact that heroes have to call out super moves like that. It looks cool to other people, but… oh god, that was embarrassing.

 

A/N: Hehehe. "Storm Field". 

MC: Arrrrggg! Make it stop!

AN: No~

MC: Wryyyyyyyyyyy!

Let me know if I missed anything.

45