Chapter 85 exam end and stuff idk what to put for the title
1.4k 16 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Things continued on like this. I go around, find a person, take them back to the treatment area, and repeat this process.

Sometimes I run across my classmates from 1A, but we don’t obstruct each other and mind our own business. Well, if either of us could use some help, we offer our services too. And it’s not just us. I also help other random examinees as they do their rescues. If they need some debris moved or if they can't take someone back to the treatment area, I would stop and offer my services.

About 10 minutes into the exam, however…

*BOOM!*

Explosions appeared all over the examination area, with the biggest one being at the wall of the stadium ground. If I remember currently, this should be the moment where the scenario terrorists arrive, right?

Announcer- “The villains have shown up and they’re on the move! Hero candidates will now suppress the villains while continuing the rescue!”

Seems simple enough.

???- “There’s one!”

Someone shouts from my right. I turn to look at who it is and speak of the devil it’s one of the scenario terrorists. Or rather, 5 of them. No, how did they find me so quickly?

Immediately, they all raise their cement guns and fire at me.

Heh. Child’s play.

[Vector Manipulation].

I stomp the ground and shatter the ground in a small radius around my foot. The cracked ground digs up some rocks into the air in front of me, to which I then kick them while still using [Vector Manipulation]. 5 of those rocks shoot forward and accurately hit and shatter the cement guns they each have.

Meanwhile, I let all the cement blobs hit me, but before they can harden, I control them and move them from all around my body to my left arm, combining them into a single, big blob around my hand.

[Vector Manipulation].

Then, like an automatic rifle, from the blob around my hand, 10 smaller blobs of cement shoot out of it and accurately hit all of the scenario terrorists on their feet, effectively trapping them.

Like I said, child’s play.

???- “W-what the hell?”

Arata- “Have fun!”

I wave behind me and run off into the distance. [Vector Manipulation] OP.

While running around I find a certain someone in a bodysuit. Shiketsu High’s Camie. But that’s just a cover. She’s actually Himiko Toga who took Camie’s appearance using her quirk.

She also noticed me, but just looked at me with a curious glance, before realising my identity and showing a bit of malice in her eyes. She ended up turning around and jumping off the piece of rubble she was standing on and running off.

Well, that’s to be expected. I'm not her “type”. If I remember currently, she likes guys that get all beat up. There are other conditions for her affection too. For example, she noticed Izuku in an injured state so she likes him. Furthermore, she noticed Ochako has a lovestruck look to her and ended up wanting to “become friends” with her.

In the end, getting injured is the main thing because she immediately wanted to cut Ochaco. Apparently, this part of her is because of her quirk’s influence.

Her quirk, Transform, allows her to transform into anyone… by consuming their blood. The more blood she consumes, the longer she can stay transformed into them.

But because I seldom turn off my reflection, I barely get hurt. And the only time I did, during my fight with All for One, she wasn’t there. Seeing her reaction, it seems she didn’t watch me over the news, or at least, isn’t aware that the white suit-wearing guy and I are the same people.

I was heavily beaten up at the time, after all, my arm was severed and I was cut all over my body.

As for where the malice came from, well, I took Katsuki from right under their nose and ruined their plan. So of course she wouldn’t feel much goodwill towards me. Not that I care.

But in the end, I'm getting curious. After all, I never saw her Divine Augment. Furthermore, due to Izuku’s group’s early intervention, Himiko only obtained a very small amount of Ochako’s blood during the training camp invasion. Even then, she didn’t seem as bothered as I thought, and I got curious. So…

[Book of Existence]

A book with the title of ‘Himiko Toga’ appeared in my mind. The chibi me’s in my head curiously turn to the giant book that suddenly appeared out of nowhere and opens it.

Well, although I say “giant”, it’s only a normal-sized book. But to the chibi me’s, it’s as tall as a building. Multiple chibi me’s ended up working together to flip open the hardcover of the book.

Due to my wisdom stat, every single one of those little guys has something similar to a godspeed buff, so within a few seconds, the entire book was read from front to back. Unfortunately, most of the contents are blurred. But even so, the important stuff is shown to me.

Her name, age, gender, current emotions, affiliations, base stats, things like that.

Fortunately, Divine Augment is also included.

[Divine Augment: Blood Bank. Removes the blood limit of the Transformation quirk. As long as a small amount of blood is ingested, the user will be able to transform into the target infinitely.]

Huh. Well, this makes so much more sense. This explains why she wasn’t exactly bothered by the small amount of blood she obtained.

Thinking so, I don’t bother any more and continue on my way.

What Arata didn’t know though, was that just as Camie, or rather, Himiko, disappeared, she turned back one last time. Her eyes that are looking at Arata is now filled with conflict. The thing is… she saw the news of Arata's fight against All for One. Shaking her head, she continues on her way.

Meanwhile, a certain bisexual vampire hiding in the darkness looks at her and nods as if he came to a decision.

???- “Wryyyy…”

Whispering so, he slowly assimilates back into the darkness again.

*BEEP!*

After many more minutes pass, the horn sounded off again signifying the end of the test.

Announcer- “Every last bystander has been successfully rescued. I hereby declare that this test is now over!”

Phew, finally, I worked hard, didn’t I?

I think so while wiping off the nonexistent sweat from my head while smiling as the sun shines down on me.

Meanwhile, off to the side, some people who see this pretend like they don’t see me and walk away quickly.

An hour or so later, every examinee gather in front of a giant board with the list of names of everyone who passed.

Toru- “Da- Da- Da- Da…”

Momo- “Daishin! Arata! He passed!”

Toru- “Yes! Thank goodness!”

I end up chuckling seeing that. Honestly, what are these girls doing? They should look for their names instead of mine.

Arata- “Both of you passed as well, congratulations.”

I say as I walk up to them. They turn around and Toru immediately leaps into me for a hug while yelling “Congratulations Onii-chan!” to me.

Unfortunately, Momo doesn’t have the “onii-chan” card so she can't jump into me as Toru did. At least, not publicly. Well, she can, but she would die from embarrassment. Instead, she just looks enviously at the bubbly Toru. Since she also has a neuro linker, she can see her, and when she notices Toru’s cheeky expression, she decided to step in and lecture her about how it’s inappropriate to just jump on someone in public.

Shoto and Katsuki, as expected, didn’t pass. For Shoto, it wasn’t entirely his fault, and Katsuki just didn’t give a fuck, so I don’t say anything.

Everyone else gets their license, Izuku is completely stoked before calming down as he looks towards the setting sun. [Sixth Sense] picks up some sadness coming off from him. If I had to take a guess, he would be thinking this:

‘I did it, All Might. I'm one step closer to my dream. So… it’s ok. Watch me. I’ll make sure to do you proud!’

I smile at him before turning around and hopping on the bus designated for our school to bring us back. It’s been a long day.

As an aside, I didn’t lose any points and got a perfect 100. But it should be fine, no one should find out… maybe.

*Sigh*

I'm really trying not to stand out too much, ok? Believe me.

 

A/N: Just a heads up, I still won't add Himiko as a harem member.

MC: Although she's cute, I dont think she's willing to share me...

AN: But still, you didnt pick up her internal conflict? What happened to your [Sixth Sense] skill?

MC: [Sixth Sense] only gives me 'limited' empathy. LIMITED. If I could sense what she's thinking from over 100 meters away, it wouldnt be limited, now would it?

AN: Naruhodo. Makes sense. But shouldn't you be worried?

MC: About what.

AN: It seems a certain someone is taking interest in her.

MC: If I had to take a guess, Dio might want to take Himiko as an apprentice of sorts. Who knows.

52